[Dragon Fist][vapourware] Dragon Fist scenarios

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan, Mahasarpa and other Asian-themed worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Dragon Fist][vapourware] Dragon Fist scenarios

Post by Big Mac » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 pm

I saw a mention of two Dragon Fist scenarios called, Tianguo Ghost Story and Burning of White Lotus Temple in a thread at the locked Dragon Fist forum at the Green Ronin forums.

I went digging for more information and found that these adventures were under development by Gareth-Michael Skarka of Adamant Entertainment (rather than Green Ronin themselves).

I'm not sure what happened to derail Green Ronin's Dragon Fist revamp, but Amazon has a page up for Green Ronin's new Dragon Fist and it seems like Adamant Entertainment had enough of the core product to put out a call for playtesters.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Re: [Dragon Fist][vapourware] Dragon Fist scenarios

Post by timemrick » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 am

I'd take that Amazon page with half a pound of virtual salt. Until Green Ronin announces it, there's no book to sell.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 am

I think Green Ronin had other, higher priority projects to work on, which led to the current vaporware status for Dragon Fist.
It's a pity, because the original game is very good. Luckily, it is also a game that doesn't need much setup nor very complex adventures -- the genre feel is what is really important, so lifting the plot from one or more of the reference movies (or Wuxia novels) is sufficient for a full campaign (the original game has just seven character levels, after all).

GP

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm

timemrick wrote:I'd take that Amazon page with half a pound of virtual salt. Until Green Ronin announces it, there's no book to sell.
That's a proper ISBN there. I would say that Green Ronin allocated the number to the book...and then abandoned work on it.
agathokles wrote:I think Green Ronin had other, higher priority projects to work on, which led to the current vaporware status for Dragon Fist.
It's a pity, because the original game is very good.
Maybe Chris Pramas will revisit the idea one day. If he can do a Freeport Kickstarter to fund a new book he could also do a Dragon Fist Kickstarter to fund a new Dragon Fist project.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Oriental Adventures”