[WotC] Oriental Adventures Character Choice?

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan can be discussed in it's own forum. Mahasarpa and other Asian-themed worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

[WotC] Oriental Adventures Character Choice?

Post by Princess Strega »

This topic is being archived from the Oriental Adventures forum at Wizards of the Coast, prior to that forum being deleted. It was posted on Mar 22, 2009 0:27:39
Detektor wrote:In a low level campaign, what would be a good Oriental character to play opposite a Human Monk (abilities unknown) and Varana Shugenja (specializing in earth/fire and with high charismatic skills)?

I don't want to play a Ninja, as I've done so already.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Re: [WotC] Oriental Adventures Character Choice?

jradd777 wrote:Shaman? Maybe Vanara for the Wis bonus?

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

unundindur wrote:Samurai? If many players want to play samurai, I think it could be a very cool campaign

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

ramboses wrote:Wu Jen if you want a spellcaster, Samurai if you want a melee. Unless you wanna do a repeat then those are pretty much your only options. Dwarves make good Samurai except for their charisma penalty which affects their smite and staredown abilities, Nezumi make a tough and quick spellcaster.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

unundindur wrote:well, in oriental adventures there is no reason to take the lol-samurai when you can have the real samurai (from Oriental Adventures), which is actually a cool class

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

mindolin wrote:I'ld say Samurai, especially if you're in Rokugan. If it's Rokugan, I suggest the Scorpion Clan Samurai, because of good roleplaying opportunity. Possibly include a few levels of Warblade, certain Martial Disciplines really mesh well with the clans, such as White Raven for the Lions, Diamond Mind for the Crane, Shadow Hand for the Scorpion, and so on. Personally, I would leave out Crusaders and Devoted Spirit, as there doesn't seem to be a good clan fit for it, although it could represent the Samurai who was almost Shugenja, and devoted spirit is the influence of the kami. Psionics could be a fair match for chi, and so it might be worth going into Monk/Psion/ Fist of Zuoken for some good wuxia action.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

lord_karsus wrote:
unundindur wrote:well, in oriental adventures there is no reason to take the lol-samurai when you can have the real samurai (from Oriental Adventures), which is actually a cool class
-Nah, that one isn't that good, either. Now, THIS one? That's a good Samurai class.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

mindolin wrote:Yeah, but the two other samurai classes have the slight advantage of actually being official classes. Anyway, yours is decent, but I still prefer the OA one to yours.

Return to “Oriental Adventures”