[Mahasarpa] Mahasarpa namechecked on Geek.com article

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan, Mahasarpa and other Asian-themed worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Mahasarpa] Mahasarpa namechecked on Geek.com article

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Aubrey Sitterson of Geek.com has posted an article called: 11 best Dungeons & Dragons campaign settings. Here is what he had to say about Mahasarpa:
Aubrey Sitterson on Geek.com wrote:Image

Mahasarpa

While Rokugan and even sections of the Forgotten Realms offer up mythical versions of East Asia, Mahasarpa gives plays a chance to explore South Asia. It offered up a fun, post-societal collapse take on Dungeons & Dragons, with a number of different kingdoms trying to carve out a space for themselves after the fall of a much larger one.
There is a separate topic in The Wishing Well called: Aubrey Sitterson's Best D&D Settings on Geek.com but I thought it would be good to discuss Aubrey's thoughts here.

I've seen the appeal of a campaign setting that explores the mythological themes of South Asia, but the "post-societal collapse" thing, isn't something I considered before. Is that something you would use as a central theme in a Mahasarpa campaign?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Oriental Adventures”