Samurai Weapons and OA Magic Abilities

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan, Mahasarpa and other oriental worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.

Samurai Weapons and OA Magic Abilities

Postby Kylun » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 am

I'm running a campaign with 3E rules and a member of the group is running a samurai for the first time. He's looking ahead to see what abilities he wants to empower his weapon with when he levels and we noticed something. Very few of the OA flavored magical abilities actually have an enhancement bonus value, just a gold piece value. That doesn't make much sense to us as many of the OA specific abilities make more sense for a samurai -- such as Focus. Anyone know why they chose to do this, and has anyone converted the abilities to enhancement bonuses? And if so, how did it work?
"All of my accomplishments have been by my own hand, my failures my own undoing. No one, not man nor god has dictated my fate."
Kylun
Goblin

Re: Samurai Weapons and OA Magic Abilities

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:26 pm

I've never noticed that before.

What, in Oriental Adventures, am I supposed to be comparing with the core rules? (Page numbers would help. As would the name of the core rulebook with the enhancement bonuses.)

Was enhancement bonuses already around in 3.0? Or was it maybe a rule that got added after Oriental Adventures was published?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Oriental Adventures