World of Darkness: Blood & Silk

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan, Mahasarpa and other Asian-themed worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

World of Darkness: Blood & Silk

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 am

Anyone have Blood & Silk? I am curious as to what my fellow Piazzans might think about it as it is described to be a blend of Oriental/Gothic horror. That kind of a mash-up really app[eals to me as it is something I want to pull off in my Pathfinder campaign setting.

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Re: World of Darkness: Blood & Silk

Post by Bouv » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am

Think of it as Dark Ages: Kindred of the East (kinda). It is set in the Dark Ages line and includes some near east stuff and a bit of China. It's been a couple years since I looked at it.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 am

Bouv wrote:Think of it as Dark Ages: Kindred of the East (kinda). It is set in the Dark Ages line and includes some near east stuff and a bit of China. It's been a couple years since I looked at it.
Would you mind giving it a quick look over? I'd be interested to know how much setting fluff is within the books covers. Thanks.

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Post by Bouv » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:03 pm

About 1/2 the book is world information (keep in mind, it's set for the World of Darkness, so a few things will be different) and the other half rule systems. Like many WoD/WW books, the world information is very well done and well researched.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 am

I don't know anything about World of Darkness, and I couldn't really tell from the reviews on the Amazon page TAD linked to.

Is this an alternative Earth or its own world? If it is its own world, are there any maps for the Blood & Silk subsetting?

One thing I did see was that a reviewer said: "buy Kindred of the East first". Is Blood & Silk an expansion to Kindred of the East?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm

World of Darkness is mostly our Earth with vampires, werewolves, mages, etc. working secretly. After exploring the modern world for a time, White Wolf did a dark ages version of Vampire. It is the same world just set in the past. They did the same thing with a wild west version of Werewolf.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Post by Bouv » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Since a lot of the characters and rules are for Eastern Vampires, Blood and Silk will require Kindred of the East to be able to use, mechnanically speaking. It does two things - expands the Dark Ages line and expands the Kindred of the East line. You almost need both books if you want to use it as anything more than just fluff.

As mentioned, the World of Darkness is our Earth, just it has had many supernatural creatures (vampires, werewolves, mages, fae, mummies, wraiths, and more!) impacting it's history. Things tend to be a bit darker, a bit more violent than our world

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Sounds like Blood & Silk might be a bit useful if someone wanted to run a campaign based on Mr Vampire.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 am

I completely forgot about this book and this thread. Adding the book to my amazon wishlist!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:20 am

How easy would it be to convert Blood & Silk from World of Darkness to Dungeons & Dragons?

Return to “Oriental Adventures”