[Living City] Anybody play Living City?

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.

[Living City] Anybody play Living City?

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:37 am

I've become curious about Living City*. I know it was a RPGA campaign (like Living Greyhawk and Living Jungle), but nobody seems to have mentioned it so far. I know the RPGA campaign was set in a Forgotten Realms city called Raven's Bluff, but I don't know too much more about it.

* = And not just because I've heard there are some Spelljammer elements in some of the Living City content. :P OK, I admit it, it was because I've heard there is some Spelljammer stuff. :oops: :lol:

One thing I'm wondering is how it is possible to run a RPGA campaign where the PCs are not able to actually leave the city. I know that Living Jungle surrounds its area (Malatra) with some sort of "impossible to pass magical barrier", but with Raven's Bluff being a conventional city, adapted to organised play, that sort of plot device would not seem realistic. Is there any sort of "control mechanism" to keep PCs in the city, or do you just have to accept that PCs rolled up for the game love Raven's Bluff so much, that they never want to set foot outside the city?

Or am I wrong? Does the Living City play zone include an area that surrounds Raven's Bluff? Does it include stuff, like The Underdark, so that PCs can travel out of the city, have an adventure and then return to Raven's Bluff at the end of every game?

From what I can see on Arcaum, the RPGA published 8 books for Living City. Does anyone know if there were a lot of online documents (like Living Greyhawk had)?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Living City] Anybody play Living City?

Postby Boneguard » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 am

I used to play Living City...actually, I still have my Living City RPGA Character. The event were set in and around Raven's Bluff so it wasn't all city setting. Actually most of the adventure I played were wilderness setting.

Aside from the old Polyhedron and one of the AD&D Module, not sure if there's a lot of Living City stuff out there.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:58 am

Boneguard wrote:I used to play Living City...actually, I still have my Living City RPGA Character. The event were set in and around Raven's Bluff so it wasn't all city setting. Actually most of the adventure I played were wilderness setting.

Thanks Boneguard. Are Living City PCs anything like normal D&D PCs? Would you be able to run the same PC in a standard Forgotten Realms game or did it have any special stats?

Do you recall any special rules? I know that Living Greyhawk had something called "Turn Units" and that you had to spend some of them to join "Meta Organisations". (I believe they only gave people so many TUs per year, so that doing a lot of "Meta Organisation" stuff would stop a PC from playing some games.) Did Living City also have Meta Organisations and Turn Units? Or did they control some stuff like that in different ways?

Do you know if your wilderness adventures were standard adventures (distributed to many groups) or if they were hand-built by the people running the games?

Boneguard wrote:Aside from the old Polyhedron and one of the AD&D Module, not sure if there's a lot of Living City stuff out there.

Arcaum already suggested there were four published products (although they said the first two were not distributed to non-members and they didn't link to 3 of the 8 products).

I guess I'll have to go for a hunt for a dead link for a Living City website and see if I can feed it into the Wayback Machine to find some stuff. :twisted:
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Boneguard » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:33 am

It has been a long while, but from what I rememmber:

Living City character are pretty portable to a Regular FR campaign. Character were built with 84 points for starts -giving an average of 14 IIRC. !7 and 18 costed more, and every increment of exceptional strength costed also a certain amount (it has been a while).

Hits points were max for the first 3 level then half onward IIRC.

Not too sure for thief ability increase and mage spells as I have a fighter.

I dont recall any special rules like the "Turn Unit", but we did have a "Fame" rewards that was with various group (Church, governments, etc.) and Honor. But the mechanic is pretty blurry. I know that some of the adventure, you could bcome a member of the City Militia as a reward (or you were deputized for the adventure.)

The adventures I played were all official RPGA Living City's Module. Anyone could get a free membership to play (I still have that old card) but those woh wanted to GM had to pay a yearly fee to have access to the official adventures/certificate etc.

The 4 products presented are 1st/early second edition description of the city and the personality as well as 3 adventures/settings. I also have City of Reven's Bluff and Kidnapped which are late 2nd edition supplelment/adventure. I own all 6 of them. There's good for background information and to set none RPGA adventure in Raven's Bluff.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby HobbitFan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:49 am

I never did any RPGA stuff back in the day so i can't speak to that part of it but I did have a friend of mine give me the City of Raven's Bluff by Ed Greenwood. I thought it was an interesting setting filled with a host of gaming potential.
HobbitFan
Gnoll

Postby Warhawktbc98 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:42 am

I'll answer anything I can.

Living City was the greatest shared world campaign that ever existed. It started at the start of second edition. I have never played in a more complete, fun awesome shared world campaign since. Nothing they did after ever came close to the grandeur and spectacle of this campaign.

1987 to 2004 when the walls came tumbling down. There were almost 400 adventures, yes some spelljammer (a couple) some planescape, some underdark, a couple to Ravenloft. You name it, we got around.

You were heroes of epic proportions even as early as 7th level. Fighting Tanar'ri and the like, dragons, but yet, 50 kobolds could be a stiff night as well. Some adventures were puzzle laden. Some were roleplaying heavy. Some were rollplaying heavy. You played in and around and for Raven's Bluff for some long, it was your home. You hated when certain things happened. Like really? Our deputy mayor retired? Now what dirtbag will fill the good guys shoes.

I'm happy to answer any question you guys have about it.

Max hit points for the first 2 levels, half after that. 84 points to split up however you liked with your stats. Wizards and bards would get a couple of spells when you leveled but you got scrolls and spellbooks in adventures to learn more, and you were allowed to swap one spell with another PC before any adventure.

There is a pathfinder adaptation of this campaign, now obviously for one group, and not 10000 characters like in its heyday. But if someone is interested I might be able to talk to the DM. I think he needs a mage. We're only (ONLY) 12 adventures in.
Warhawktbc98
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Boneguard wrote:It has been a long while, but from what I rememmber:

Living City character are pretty portable to a Regular FR campaign. Character were built with 84 points for starts -giving an average of 14 IIRC. !7 and 18 costed more, and every increment of exceptional strength costed also a certain amount (it has been a while).

Hits points were max for the first 3 level then half onward IIRC.

Not too sure for thief ability increase and mage spells as I have a fighter.

Thanks. That makes it sound like I would probably be able to use Raven's Bluff material, as if it was normal 2nd Edition material. :cool:

Boneguard wrote:I dont recall any special rules like the "Turn Unit", but we did have a "Fame" rewards that was with various group (Church, governments, etc.) and Honor. But the mechanic is pretty blurry. I know that some of the adventure, you could bcome a member of the City Militia as a reward (or you were deputized for the adventure.)

I wonder what effect Fame would have. :?

It sounds a bit like some sort of reputation bonus to interaction with people. If I used Fame in a Spelljammer game, would I be able to catch the moon in my hand. ;)

Boneguard wrote:The adventures I played were all official RPGA Living City's Module. Anyone could get a free membership to play (I still have that old card) but those woh wanted to GM had to pay a yearly fee to have access to the official adventures/certificate etc.

The 4 products presented are 1st/early second edition description of the city and the personality as well as 3 adventures/settings. I also have City of Reven's Bluff and Kidnapped which are late 2nd edition supplelment/adventure. I own all 6 of them. There's good for background information and to set none RPGA adventure in Raven's Bluff.

I might look into getting some of these books. Thanks for your help. :cool:

HobbitFan wrote:I never did any RPGA stuff back in the day so i can't speak to that part of it but I did have a friend of mine give me the City of Raven's Bluff by Ed Greenwood. I thought it was an interesting setting filled with a host of gaming potential.

Is there anything in non-RPGA products about Ravens Bluff, or is it an area exclusive to the Living City campaign?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:I'll answer anything I can.

Wow! You signed up to The Piazza to answer my question about Living City! Thanks Warwawktbc98! Welcome to The Piazza. :D

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Living City was the greatest shared world campaign that ever existed. It started at the start of second edition. I have never played in a more complete, fun awesome shared world campaign since. Nothing they did after ever came close to the grandeur and spectacle of this campaign.

It sounds more and more interesting. Surely Living Greyhwak must have been on a similar level? I hear a ton of people talking about how awesome that was and do not see so much about Living City. (But I certainly want to know more about Living City now!)

Warhawktbc98 wrote:1987 to 2004 when the walls came tumbling down. There were almost 400 adventures, yes some spelljammer (a couple) some planescape, some underdark, a couple to Ravenloft. You name it, we got around.

Oooh! I definatly want to know how much Spelljammer stuff there was. Is there a list of Living City adventures somewhere?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:You were heroes of epic proportions even as early as 7th level. Fighting Tanar'ri and the like, dragons, but yet, 50 kobolds could be a stiff night as well. Some adventures were puzzle laden. Some were roleplaying heavy. Some were rollplaying heavy. You played in and around and for Raven's Bluff for some long, it was your home. You hated when certain things happened. Like really? Our deputy mayor retired? Now what dirtbag will fill the good guys shoes.

How much were things like the deputy mayor retiring influenced by the actions of the PCs?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:I'm happy to answer any question you guys have about it.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, when I learn more about what Living City was. :)

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Max hit points for the first 2 levels, half after that. 84 points to split up however you liked with your stats. Wizards and bards would get a couple of spells when you leveled but you got scrolls and spellbooks in adventures to learn more, and you were allowed to swap one spell with another PC before any adventure.

That sounds like it would translate to normal tabletop play fairly well.

Warhawktbc98 wrote:There is a pathfinder adaptation of this campaign, now obviously for one group, and not 10000 characters like in its heyday. But if someone is interested I might be able to talk to the DM. I think he needs a mage. We're only (ONLY) 12 adventures in.

I play 3rd Edition, but it sounds like Pathfinder conversions of Living City would work with the 3e FRCS hardbacks.

Is there a conversion guide online anywhere, where everyone can get to it? Or are the Pathfinder rules kept within your GM's private group?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Warhawktbc98 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Fame - You would finish an adventure and sometimes, not all the time (it depended on the type of adventure. If no one knew what you did or talked about it, how could you get famous?) you would get a fame point with various parts of the city, from the poor district (Crow's End) to City Government, the temples, eventually there were over 10 different categories. What did this do? If you wanted something special or wanted more money for the adventure. The DM would roll and add your fame to see if you made the target number. Or for instance. Can we get an arrest warrant for so and so... The adventure might say you need 3 of the 5 facts proving the person was guilty. Well maybe with 2 of the 5 facts, and a high enough fame, you may have gotten the arrest warrant early etc. A high enough fame may have earned you an extra 100 gold payment during negotiations etc. Fame was a way where in a home campaign you would just make a decision, but here you had a DM who had no idea who you were, and it would have a way to quantify that.

Non RPGA Books - There was some mention of them in the Vast, there was one novel written there, but most LC (Living City) people disdained it, because it didn't really represent our city.

Living Greyhawk and any of the other living campaigns never quite found the same participation and fun as Living City. People helped create various aspects of the city, new temples, the city watch, the army, harpers. There were ways and things you could do to join. People and clans formed their own magic item trading areas. Hey I have a sunblade, who wants to trade for it, and then they would get three things in turn, and trade those, and thus that began. Once the kibosh was put on LC, and all the years (it ran from 1987 through 2004) it ran and the work that was done, people went to other campaigns, and didn't want to bother, with the poor way LC was shut down.

How much Spelljammer stuff was there? In the scheme of over 400 adventures, maybe 5-10 had anything to do with spelljaming. It was more geared towards planescape in later years that it ever was towards spelljammer. But there were adventures where you were on a spelljammer.

Somewhere there was an early list of adventures, that eventually was not kept up.

How much were things influenced like the deputy mayor retiring? Long answer incoming. Totally and not at all. Early on, players wrote adventures that were approved by HQ, and when only 30 people were playing, and everyone talked, you know what occurred. As the game grew, that became impossible. So later on when a new adventure ran for the first time, sometimes sheets would be attached for the DM's to fill out at the end. Was person X rescued? Did all the details as to why the person was kidnapped come out? Was the bad guy captured, killed? Whatever the majority of people did had ramifications for how things went on later. If the bad guy was captured, maybe he escapes, if he was killed, then did he get grave robbed and get resurrected. Did that end the storyline, or was that an LT and now the real villain had to come into the spotlight?

There is no conversion guide as somethings don't convert well. So we might have at 10th level fight a balor. Cause in 2nd edition it might have had 102 hit points. In third edition or pathfinder there is no way as it is a CR20 encounter and now has 350 hit points. So somethings just need fixed without a simple conversion. Traps work different. Where before you might need a detect magic spell to get an advantage, in pathfinder you can detect magic at will...
Warhawktbc98
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Fame - You would finish an adventure and sometimes, not all the time (it depended on the type of adventure. If no one knew what you did or talked about it, how could you get famous?) you would get a fame point with various parts of the city, from the poor district (Crow's End) to City Government, the temples, eventually there were over 10 different categories. What did this do? If you wanted something special or wanted more money for the adventure. The DM would roll and add your fame to see if you made the target number. Or for instance. Can we get an arrest warrant for so and so... The adventure might say you need 3 of the 5 facts proving the person was guilty. Well maybe with 2 of the 5 facts, and a high enough fame, you may have gotten the arrest warrant early etc. A high enough fame may have earned you an extra 100 gold payment during negotiations etc. Fame was a way where in a home campaign you would just make a decision, but here you had a DM who had no idea who you were, and it would have a way to quantify that.

That reminds me a bit of 3e's Leadership Feat (although the mechanic is not the same).

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Non RPGA Books - There was some mention of them in the Vast, there was one novel written there, but most LC (Living City) people disdained it, because it didn't really represent our city.

Do you mean The City of Ravens by Richard Baker?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Living Greyhawk and any of the other living campaigns never quite found the same participation and fun as Living City. People helped create various aspects of the city, new temples, the city watch, the army, harpers. There were ways and things you could do to join. People and clans formed their own magic item trading areas. Hey I have a sunblade, who wants to trade for it, and then they would get three things in turn, and trade those, and thus that began. Once the kibosh was put on LC, and all the years (it ran from 1987 through 2004) it ran and the work that was done, people went to other campaigns, and didn't want to bother, with the poor way LC was shut down.

This is facinating to hear...because I hear great thigns about Living Greyhawk, so if Living City is better.

Forgotten Realms Wiki has a special namespace for Living Forgotten Realms. It is a shame they do not have a sepate namespace for Living City.

Warhawktbc98 wrote:How much Spelljammer stuff was there? In the scheme of over 400 adventures, maybe 5-10 had anything to do with spelljaming. It was more geared towards planescape in later years that it ever was towards spelljammer. But there were adventures where you were on a spelljammer.

Somewhere there was an early list of adventures, that eventually was not kept up.

Thanks. I'm definately going to want to hunt down information about them. :)

Warhawktbc98 wrote:How much were things influenced like the deputy mayor retiring? Long answer incoming. Totally and not at all. Early on, players wrote adventures that were approved by HQ, and when only 30 people were playing, and everyone talked, you know what occurred. As the game grew, that became impossible. So later on when a new adventure ran for the first time, sometimes sheets would be attached for the DM's to fill out at the end. Was person X rescued? Did all the details as to why the person was kidnapped come out? Was the bad guy captured, killed? Whatever the majority of people did had ramifications for how things went on later. If the bad guy was captured, maybe he escapes, if he was killed, then did he get grave robbed and get resurrected. Did that end the storyline, or was that an LT and now the real villain had to come into the spotlight?

Do you think that WotC shut it down because it became too popular to be easy to run?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:There is no conversion guide as somethings don't convert well. So we might have at 10th level fight a balor. Cause in 2nd edition it might have had 102 hit points. In third edition or pathfinder there is no way as it is a CR20 encounter and now has 350 hit points. So somethings just need fixed without a simple conversion. Traps work different. Where before you might need a detect magic spell to get an advantage, in pathfinder you can detect magic at will...

Ah. I see. Obviously things need to be done on an ad-hoc basis.

Has anyone made a list of individual things that have been converted?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Warhawktbc98 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes the City of Raven's. It just never conveyed a sense of who we were as a city. 8000-10000 PC's. 3-4k players. When the mayor gets captured, and we get a new mayor, and we fight a way, and then we find out later the mayor was the enemy leader, and a traitor. The book can not convey the outrage that was felt.

Was it shut down because it became hard to manage? yes and no.

It ran through all of second edition, the whole length and breadth of 2nd edition. Then we got to 3rd edition, and we had a year to convert, that was pushed up to 6 months, and then less. So they had to figure out how to convert everyone's certificates. Not just magic items, how about stat bonuses, bonus hit points from adventures, non weapon proficiencies that needed to become skills.

So they hired a group, Organized play to in effect take over as headquarters. They no longer needed people's help. Those people being the players, that had volunteered countless hours over the years. They will run everything. Their plotlines didn't make as much sense, they didn't mesh with what already existed. They just changed what they wanted, so real fast the happiness level dropped. Eventually Organized play was dropped. And at that point it was too late, people had switched to Everquest, or other online things. Eventually one of the former regional directors was contacted, and was authorized to write some adventures that wrapped the whole campaign up and close it down with style. Which they did.

What do you mean by a list of things converted. Every magic item that was in the game was converted. I still have my 3.0 and 3.5 certs. Is that what you mean or something else? I can speak to the DM if you are interested Big Mac?
Warhawktbc98
Kobold

Postby TBeholder » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:31 am

Big Mac wrote: From what I can see on Arcaum, the RPGA published 8 books for Living City. Does anyone know if there were a lot of online documents (like Living Greyhawk had)?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Non RPGA Books - There was some mention of them in the Vast, there was one novel written there, but most LC (Living City) people disdained it, because it didn't really represent our city.
But how about those books, LC1-LC4 and "The City of Ravens Bluff" by Greenwood? How they are related to the "living" campaign?

HobbitFan wrote:I never did any RPGA stuff back in the day so i can't speak to that part of it but I did have a friend of mine give me the City of Raven's Bluff by Ed Greenwood. I thought it was an interesting setting filled with a host of gaming potential.
Yup. A good write-up on major organizations and all that.
It was in free downloads too.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." - Michele Carter
TBeholder
Hill Giant

Postby Warhawktbc98 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:21 pm

LC1 through LC4 explained the very early personages and places that were encountered in the very early adventures.

The Mayor, the deputy mayor, The Harbormaster, the Regent of the Exchequer, the Chief Constable, Chief Prelate. The early places adventures started, Embrol sludges Shell shoppe and eatery, (or is it eatery and Shell Shoppe, I can't remember)

So yes those places were all accurate and those books came out due to the early adventures.

LC5 came out much later and documented how the city changed, but some things got left out. 3-4 of the Knighthoods didn't make it into the book. Knights of the Phoenix, Pillars of the Realms, Mystic Flame, Right hand of Tyr, and Knights of the Raven got left out. Couple other things, but it was 90% accurate for mid campaign. They talk about the guilds, but not a lot every happened with that. Maybe things were planned with that, but never came to fruition, I can't say.

You progressed agonizingly slow early on. It was common early on to get 2-3 thousand exp when I joined the campaign which was fairly early, but not at the beginning. So you would go to a convention, play 5 adventures and hope to get 10-15k experience. Wasn't too bad to level 7 in 2nd edition. Level 9, well that was 60 adventures, depending on your class. Eventually that changed so new people could catch up, and you started getting realistic experience. It was tiered so if most of your group was level 1-2 you might get 1k exp. If the group you played with was level 9, you might get 5k experience. The only downside there was, when we got 2k a pop even at level 9, we had many more opportunities for magic items, or other special advancement bonuses such as maybe a bonus stat point or something.

Eventually people started writing plots and themes. These came out 2 ways, either in multi round events. You could have up to three round events. Each slot was 4 hours, so that would be a 12 hour adventure. Now a slot might run 8-12 1-5 and 6-10. So you had time for lunch, but that adventure was your all day affair. The other option was someone might write 5 different adventures (5 was normally near the top end) that would come out at different times during the year. So it was neat because you would get back to that adventure later. For instance the elemental circle. We had 4 different elemental mages try to take over the city, and then a 5th adventure to wrap it all up. Took about 1.25 years for the series to complete. The war consisted of about 10 adventures over 1.5 years.

If you continue to have questions I'll try to answer them.
Warhawktbc98
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 am

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Yes the City of Raven's. It just never conveyed a sense of who we were as a city. 8000-10000 PC's. 3-4k players. When the mayor gets captured, and we get a new mayor, and we fight a way, and then we find out later the mayor was the enemy leader, and a traitor. The book can not convey the outrage that was felt.

Ah. I get you. I think that, with a lot of your organised play material being unavailable to me, I might still get something useful from Richard Baker's novel, even if it isn't totally accurate to what happened with the organised play fans. After all, if I used Raven's Bluff in a game, it would probably only be a poor imitation of what you lot were doing. :)

Warhawktbc98 wrote:Was it shut down because it became hard to manage? yes and no.

It ran through all of second edition, the whole length and breadth of 2nd edition. Then we got to 3rd edition, and we had a year to convert, that was pushed up to 6 months, and then less. So they had to figure out how to convert everyone's certificates. Not just magic items, how about stat bonuses, bonus hit points from adventures, non weapon proficiencies that needed to become skills.

So they hired a group, Organized play to in effect take over as headquarters. They no longer needed people's help. Those people being the players, that had volunteered countless hours over the years. They will run everything. Their plotlines didn't make as much sense, they didn't mesh with what already existed. They just changed what they wanted, so real fast the happiness level dropped. Eventually Organized play was dropped. And at that point it was too late, people had switched to Everquest, or other online things. Eventually one of the former regional directors was contacted, and was authorized to write some adventures that wrapped the whole campaign up and close it down with style. Which they did.

I think this is one of the frustrating things about the Edition Treadmill. I suspect that Living Greyhawk got wound down, rather than converted to 4th Edition D&D, for the same reason.

Warhawktbc98 wrote:What do you mean by a list of things converted. Every magic item that was in the game was converted. I still have my 3.0 and 3.5 certs. Is that what you mean or something else? I can speak to the DM if you are interested Big Mac?

I meant things Living City things that have been converted to Pathfinder RPG rules. I figured that some Pathfinder fans, who play in the Forgotten Realms world, would find some of them useful. I know I would be interested in 3.0 and 3.5 things.

I saw a few Living Greyhawk Meta Organisations get converted from things that "burn up Turn Units" to Prestige Classes. Anything like that, would make Living City organisations work with a conventional FR game. The same sort of thing could probably get done (on a lesser scale) with Feats. Did anyone make anything like that?

Warhawktbc98 wrote:LC5 came out much later and documented how the city changed, but some things got left out. 3-4 of the Knighthoods didn't make it into the book. Knights of the Phoenix, Pillars of the Realms, Mystic Flame, Right hand of Tyr, and Knights of the Raven got left out. Couple other things, but it was 90% accurate for mid campaign. They talk about the guilds, but not a lot every happened with that. Maybe things were planned with that, but never came to fruition, I can't say.

From what you are saying, it sounds like LC1-LC4 are much more useful, to starting up a Raven's Bluff campaign, than LC5 is. (It seems like LC5 would be most useful if a group of PCs left the city for several years and a GM wanted to make the city seem "different" to how it originally was.)

I've not done a big search for Living City fansites yet. Has anyone out in the community ever put together a list of the things that were missing from LC5 and done write-ups of them? The Knights of the Phoenix, Pillars of the Realms, Mystic Flame, Right Hand of Tyr, and Knights of the Raven might be really useful to a GM running a game in the Raven's Bluff area.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Armytroy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Funny Story.

Robert Wiese and I created "Day Units" as a way to encourage people to play different PCs. This helped us curb the leveling that was going on as players were playing the heck out a single character. That meant that we had to write most adventures with a range from 1st through 12th level. By putting in 52 day units and then saying that each scenario was at least 1 day unit it slowed down advancement and gave us some much-needed breathing room. Players could use day units for proficiency based crafting and guild things as well.

Heh.. brought back some memories. :-)

Troy
(used to do a little LC management back in the day.. )
Armytroy
Goblin

Postby Armytroy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Living City was rich with meta-organizations. Wizards Guilds, Cleric Circles, Druids Groves, Animal Shelter, Navy, LC Land Office, City Guard and more.

All of these organizations were run by players. and brought real benefits to the player characters in the game. Both in scenarios and during large, live action interactive events.

Respectfully,

Troy
Armytroy
Goblin

Postby GMWestermeyer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:22 am

Big Mac wrote:
Warhawktbc98 wrote:Yes the City of Raven's. It just never conveyed a sense of who we were as a city. 8000-10000 PC's. 3-4k players. When the mayor gets captured, and we get a new mayor, and we fight a way, and then we find out later the mayor was the enemy leader, and a traitor. The book can not convey the outrage that was felt.

Ah. I get you. I think that, with a lot of your organised play material being unavailable to me, I might still get something useful from Richard Baker's novel, even if it isn't totally accurate to what happened with the organised play fans. After all, if I used Raven's Bluff in a game, it would probably only be a poor imitation of what you lot were doing. :)

I just finished reading City of Ravens. it was surprisingly good but it felt like an odd mix of 2e and 3e. but it was nice to see magic in an AD&D novel that almost felt like AD&D magic.

It seems odd that after all of those years, that no one bothered to preserve the history of Raven's Bluff: The Living City. No list of modules or descriptions of modules, it's almost like it never happened. Sad. :(

Back in the day i was jealous of it, since I didn't attend conventions I couldn't really participate.
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby apotheot » Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 am

GMWestermeyer wrote:It seems odd that after all of those years, that no one bothered to preserve the history of Raven's Bluff: The Living City. No list of modules or descriptions of modules, it's almost like it never happened. Sad. :(

This isn't quite true...there are some lists of most if not all the adventures in a rough order they were presented online if you know where to look. Descriptions are another thing, but some of those are appearing also as some of the modules are getting used in newer editions and people are talking about them. All of this could also be said for:
Living Jungle (Malatra) which also takes place on Toril and is much smaller in scope so likely easier to compile;
Living Death (Gothic Earth) which had the first long-term storyline for an organized play game and has spawned a 'thematic' if not actual sequel game in the form of Fellowship of the White Star which is still ongoing;
Living Forgotten Realms the relatively recent 4e version of Organized Play, which had several major events and storylines that should be highlighted and included some D&D encounters series;
To some extent even the current Adventurers League, though they are doing a much better job of making their stories known and accessible thanks to the Dungeon Masters Guild program.
Most of the Living Greyhawk from the 3e version of the game, though arguably there are some regions where compiling all the data on things may be all but impossible, and others where it has already been done (https://www.amazon.com/BDKR1-Unofficial-Greyhawk-Kingdoms-Summary/dp/1470133792/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494053253&sr=8-1&keywords=bandit+kingdoms).

GMWestermeyer wrote:Back in the day i was jealous of it, since I didn't attend conventions I couldn't really participate.

I so agree and relate to this statement. Even now with AL, it is not easy to get involved when you do 1 participating convention a year, and the nearest regular group for it is 300 miles away.
-Apotheot
apotheot
Ogre

Postby Aven Elonis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 am

Here's the best list I have for modules - I was the archivist until 2001 when WotC dropped LC and it got sold to Organized Play and then died. It was it's best when the members (such as I) were helping to make it great.

1 - Caravan - James Ward - - -Gen Con 20 (WI)
2 - At Last, Ravens Bluff - Bruce Rabe - - -Gen Con 21 (WI)
3 - Counterfeit Dreams - Jean Rabe - - -Gen Con 22 (WI)
4 - Nightwatch - Walt Baas - - -Gen Con 23 (WI)
5 - Downunder - Wayne Straiton - - -Gen Con 24 (WI)
6 - Day of the Raven - James Buchanan - - -Gen Con 24 (WI)
7 - Eye Of The Leviathan - 2rd - Randall Lemon - - -Winter Fantasy '92 (WI)
8 - Curse Of Red Death - Wayne Straiton - - -Conn Con '92 (CT)
9 - Your Tax Dollars At Work - Rob Nichols - - -Gen Con 25 (WI)
10 - Ugly Stick - Rembert Parker - - -Gen Con 25 (WI)
11 - Tarot Of The Tarot's Hut - Mike Selinker - - -Gen Con 25 (WI)
12 - Bards' Song - Jim Alan - - -And Con '92 (OH)
13 - Dungeons of Dracona - Greg Lloyd - - -Pandemonium 9 (Canada)
14 - Good Day To Die - Wayne Straiton - - -Winter Fantasy '93 WI)
15 - Wizard's Guards - Clint Heilman - - -Total Confusion '93 (MA)
16 - What In The World Is This? - Bob Person - Menagerie - 1 -Conn Con '93 (CT)
17 - Morgan's Revenge - Brandon Amanico - Morgan - 1 -Conn Con '93 (CT)
18 - Bitter Harvest - Jean Rabe - - -Conn Con '93 (CT)
19 - Call of the Griffon - Wayne Straiton - Menagerie - 2 -Con Man '93 (NH)
20 - False Prophecy - Steve Glasgow - - -Origins '93 (TX)
21 - Birds Of A Feather - Wayne Straiton - Menagerie - 3 -Dover Con IX (NH)
22 - Phantom Of Ravens Bluff - Shawn Carnes - - -King Con '93 (OH)
23 - To Live And Die In Ravens Bluff - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 1 -King Con '93 (OH)
24 - Search For Run-free Stockings - Wayne Straiton - - -Gen Con 26 (WI)
25 - Handful of Dust - John Ratcliffe - - -Gen Con 26 (WI)
26 - Death That Walks - Jim Alan - - -And Con '93 (OH)
27 - Terror In The City - Jim Alan - - -And Con '93 (OH)
28 - Storm On The Horizon - Steve Glasgow - - -And Con '93 (OH)
29 - Great Green Sheep Mystery - Steve Hardinger - RBBI Case - 1 -Totally Tubular '93 (CA)
30 - Pillar of the Community - John Terra - Menagerie - 4 -Contrary '93 (MA)
31 - Invitation to a Wedding - Clint Heilman - - -Contrary '93 (MA)
32 - Spirits of the Night - Don Weatherbee - Selune - 1 -Contrary '93 (MA)
33 - Scavenger Hunt - Rembert Parker - - -Winter Fantasy '94 (WI)
34 - Greater of Two Evils - Clint Heilman - Menagerie - 5 -Total Confusion '94 (MA)
35 - When Beastly Beauties Go Mad - Alex Lombardi - Beastly - 1 -Con Conn '94 (CT)
36 - Why is There Air? - 2rds - Ted Stadtlander - - -Con Conn '94 (CT)
37 - And Justice for All - Alex Lombardi - Beastly - 2 -Con Conn '94 (CT)
38 - Price of Rulership - 2rds - Chris Ravlin - - -Con Conn '94 (CT)
39 - Bloody Trouble at Maskur's Eye - Alex Lombardi - - -Con Conn '94 (CT)
40 - Just Lookin' - 3rds - Willi Burger - - -A Day in Ravens Bluff '94 (CT)
41 - Smuggler's Life For Me - Robert Wiese - - -Con Man '94 (NH)
42 - Dragon School - 3rds - Greg Lloyd - - -London Con '94 (Canada)
43 - Snowball's Chance - Jean Rabe - - -Origins '94 (CA)
44 - Where the Teak Snakes Slither - Jean Rabe - - -Origins '94 (CA)
45 - Tempest in a Tea Pot - Linsdey Markus - - -Dex Con '94 (NJ)
46 - Pig in a Poke - Todd Kline - - -Dex Con '94 (NJ)
47 - Death in the Shire - Kevin Melka - - -Gen Con 27 (WI)
48 - Hero Takes a Fall (A) - Wayne Straiton - - -Gen Con 27 (WI)
49 - Rat Pack - Brian Burr - - -Gen Con 27 (WI)
50 - Dark Harvest - David Baker - - -Gen Con 27 (WI)
51 - Hammer of Fire - 2rds - Kevin Melka - - -Gen Con 27 (WI)
52 - Dark Star - Jim Alan - - -And Con '94 (OH)
53 - Dragon's Eye - Jim Alan - - -And Con '94 (OH)
54 - Heart of Ilmater - Brian Burr - - -And Con '94 (OH)
55 - Hunt for Discount Merlin - Cheryl Frech - - -And Con '94 (OH)
56 - Knight Mission - Steve Glasgow - - -And Con '94 (OH)
57 - Stolen Property - Steve Glasgow - - -And Con '94 (OH)
58 - Wedding Summons in Ravens Bluff - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 2 -And Con '94 (OH)
59 - Friends in Low Places - Paul Gosselin - - -Dire Consequences II (CT)
60 - Strongwind - Brandon Amanico - - -Dire Consequences II (CT)
61 - Just Because... - 3rds - Don Weatherbee - - -Contrary '94 (MA)
62 - Kidnapped - 2rds - Tom Prusa - - -Contrary '94 (MA)
63 - Revenge's Sweet - 2rd - Brandon Amanico - Morgan - 2 -Contrary '94 (MA)
64 - Mansion of the Mad Wizard Ren - James Ward - - -Winter Fantasy '95 (WI)
65 - Slugfest - Jim Alan - - -Winter Fantasy '95 (WI)
66 - An Ape for Mr. Mooney - Jean Rabe - - -Winter Fantasy '95 (WI)
67 - My Death Bow - Doug Smith - - -Total Confusion '95 (MA)
68 - Luck Takes a Vacation - Dan Donnelly - - -Round Con '95 (SC)
69 - Women of the Veil - Dan Donnelly - - -Spring Revel '95 (IL)
70 - Dying City - 2rds - Andrew Bethke - - -Spring Revel '95 (IL)
71 - Stop the Madness - Allan Fawcett - - -Spring Revel '95 (IL)
72 - Call of the Wilde - 2rds - Dan Donnelly - - -Constitution '95 (DC)
73 - Case of Raymond's Oyster Farm - Steve Hardinger - RBBI Case - 2 -Totally Tubular Con '95 (CA)
74 - How Long Can You Tread Water? - Dave Schnur - - -CosCon '95 (PA)
75 - Mandolin Wind - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 1 -Con Conn '95 (CT)
76 - Return of the Fire Witch - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 2 -Con Conn '95 (CT)
77 - Court of the Crimson King - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 3 -Con Conn '95 (CT)
78 - Rod of Guile - Carl Buehler - - -Con Conn '95 (CT)
79 - Monday's Child - Wayne Straiton - - -Con Conn '95 (CT)
80 - One Thing... - Todd Kline - Ebenezer - 1 -Con Conn '95 (CT)
81 - On Patrol - 2rds - John Harnes - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 1
82 - Last Stand at Dragon Falls - Tom Prusa - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 1
83 - Day at the Circus - Dave Baker - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 1
84 - Quest for Survival - Greg Lloyd - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 1
85 - Perils of Politics - Robert Wiese - Mohammed - 1 -Cruise Con '95
86 - Inferno in the Living City - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 3 -Cruise Con '95
87 - Short People Too - Tom Prusa - - -Gathicon '95 (IN)
88 - Mortage Application - Liz Patterson - Investigations - 1 -Origins '95 (PA)
89 - Foreclosure - Liz Patterson - Investigations - 2 -Origins '95 (PA)
90 - Ice Mage Cometh - Liz Patterson - Investigations - 3 -Origins '95 (PA)
91 - Cliche - Wayne Melnick - Wild Magic - 1 -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
92 - Mercenaries, Judges & Wives - Neil Wilhite - - -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
93 - Twilight Avenger - Dan Donnelly - Luck of Tyr - 1 -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
94 - Crypt of Heroes - Dan Donnelly - The Murkos - 1 -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
95 - Murkos Mission - Dan Donnelly - The Murkos - 2 -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
96 - Veil Threats - Jean Rabe - - -Dragon Con '95 (GA)
97 - Voice of a Lyre - Sean Flaherty - - -MOC X (GA)
98 - Something Fishy... - 3rds - Chris Doyle - - -DexCon IV (NJ)
99 - ...Leads to Another - Todd Kline - Ebenezer - 2 -DexCon IV (NJ)
100 - Only the Good Die Young - Kevin Melka - - -Gen Con '28 (MI)
101 - Dogs of War - Robert Wiese - - -Gen Con '28 (MI)
102 - Petals of the Night's Rose - Allan Fawcett - - -Gen Con '28 (MI)
103 - Sarbeen, the Undying City - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 4 -AndCon '95 (OH)
104 - And the Body Dies - Robert Wiese - Crimson Sanction - 1 -AndCon '95 (OH)
105 - Goody Apple - Robert Wiese - Crimson Sanction - 2 -AndCon '95 (OH)
106 - Winter Weather Woes - Dan Donnelly - - -HexCon '95 (NC)
107 - Crest of Doom - John Fitzpatick - - -AGE '95 (NY)
108 - Spice of Life - Eric Belser - - -AGE '95 (NY)
109 - All for Love - Glen Goodwin - - -Dire Consequences III (CT)
110 - Die Scum - Paul Gosselin - - -Dire Consequences III (CT)
111 - Inner Sea Romance - Dan Donnelly - - -Antares (SC)
112 - Ghosts of the Past - Frank Timar - - -Gold Con (NJ)
113 - Plane Speaking - Tom Prusa - - -Sun Quest '96 (FL)
114 - Purrfect Opportunity - Wayne Melnick - Wild Magic - 2 -Sun Quest '96 (FL)
115 - Housecleaning - Dan Donnelly - Housecleaning - 1 -Sun Quest '96 (FL)
116 - Near Death Experience - Dan Donnelly - Soul - 1 -Winter Fanstasy '96 (WI)
117 - Stroke of Midnight - Brian Burr - - -Winter Fanstasy '96 (WI)
118 - Coming Attractions - Dan Donnelly - - -Round Con '96 (SC)
119 - Dangerous Alliances - Alex Lombardi - War - 1 -Gengis Con '96 (CO)
120 - Stop the Pack Train - Dan Donnelly - - -Stellar Con (SC)
121 - Hands of Mohammed - 2rds - Robert Wiese - Mohammed - 2 -Concentric '96 (IL)
122 - Mine Your Own Business - Andrew Rothstein - Bartold Brothers - 1 -Concentric '96 (IL)
123 - Seeds of Discontent - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 4 -Conn Con '96 (CT)
124 - Hall of the Black Phoenix - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 5 -Conn Con '96 (CT)
125 - Brotherhood of Darkness - Chris Ravlin - Crimson King - 6 -Conn Con '96 (CT)
126 - Not Quite Feeling Myself - Glen Goodwin - - -Conn Con '96 (CT)
127 - Opposites Attract - Dan Donnelly - - -Conn Con '96 (CT)
128 - Courtly Courtesies - Richard Dold - - -Twin Con '96 (MN)
129 - Altruists Only Need Apply - Frank Timar - Vengence - 1 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 2
130 - Protective Custody - John Harnes - On Patrol - 3 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 2
131 - Braving the Elements - Todd Kline - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 2
132 - Troubled Waters - Ray Delgado - Giant - 1 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 2
133 - Spell of Bad Weather - Tom Prusa - War - 2 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 2
134 - Banner Day - Gail Reese - - -3 Rivers Fest '96 (PA)
135 - Knight in Big House - Dan Donnelly - Knight - 1 -3 Rivers Fest '96 (PA)
136 - Attention Shoppers aka Notoriety - Dan Donnelly - - -3 Rivers Fest '96 (PA)
137 - Slaves to Fashion - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 5 -3 Rivers Fest '96 (PA)
138 - Unfinished Business - Troy Daniels - Unfinished Business - 1 -3 Rivers Fest '96 (PA)
139 - Your Business is Mine Business - Andrew Rothstein - Bartold Brothers - 2 -Twin Con '96 (MN)
140 - Small Threat - Cisco Lopez - Small - 1 -Twin Con '96 (MN)
141 - Water Babies - Rick Silva - - -Twin Con '96 (MN)
142 - Innocent Lost - Cisco Lopez - - -Twin Con '96 (MN)
143 - Big Trouble - Bob Tomihiro - - -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
144 - Everybody Loves A Clown - Doug Smith - - -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
145 - Foolish Pride - Dan Donnelly - War - 3 -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
146 - Love and Death on the Vesper River - Jean Rabe - - -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
147 - Search for the Truth - Dan Donnelly - War - 4 -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
148 - Only Thing We Have to Fear - Wayne Melnick - Wild Magic - 3 -Dragon Con '96 (GA)
149 - Elements of a Assassin - John Bentas - - -Con Man '96 (NH)
150 - He Who Laughs - Gail Reese - - -Dex Con V (NJ)
151 - Horseplay - George Aber - - -Dex Con V (NJ)
152 - One Giant, Coming Right Up - Ray Delgado - Giant - 2 -Dex Con V (NJ)
153 - Peaking Around - George Aber - - -Dex Con V (NJ)
154 - Skeletons in the Closet - Frank Timar - Vengence - 2 -Dex Con V (NJ)
155 - Longest Night - Roger Rhodes - War - 5 -Dex Con V (NJ)
156 - With Great Risks - Allan Fawcett - - -Orgins '96 (OH)
157 - Shipwreck for Kassy - Dan Donnelly - - -Orgins '96 (OH)
158 - Playing Pieces - Theron Martin - - -Orgins '96 (OH)
159 - Grandmason Salt & Stone Co - James Buchanan - - -Orgins '96 (OH)
160 - In the Eyes of Revenge - John Bentas - - -Orgins '96 (OH)
161 - Wish for Temptation - Glen Goodwin - War - 6 -Gen Con 29 (WI)
162 - Destier's Despair - Dave Kelly - - -Gen Con 29 (WI)
163 - Orcslayer Scroll - Dave Baker - - -Gen Con 29 (WI)
164 - Test of Faith's Strength - Dan Donnelly - Tarot - 1 -And Con '96 (OH)
165 - To Gain a Lady's Favor - Dave Kelly - - -And Con '96 (OH)
166 - Overseer - Larry Douglas - - -And Con '96 (OH)
167 - Strange Bedfellows - Ed Gibson - Gathering Darkness - 6 -And Con '96 (OH)
168 - Whistling in the Dark - Greg Dreher - War - 7 -And Con '96 (OH)
169 - Simple Man - Dan Donnelly - - -And Con '96 (OH)
170 - Beauty and the Beholder - Michael Watts - Trumpter - 1 -Falcon (CT)
171 - Night Shift - Michael Watts - Trumpter - 2 -Falcon (CT)
172 - After the Ball's Over - Roger Rhodes - - -Condordat '96 (CT)
173 - Sojourn - David Santana - Sojourn - 1 -Knight Games (NY)
174 - Last Dance of the Fire Mage - David Santana - - -Shorecon (NJ)
175 - Dreamwraith - Richard Dold - - -ROC 96.5 (SC)
176 - Too Many Chefs - Paul Sean Flaherty - - -ROC 96.5 (SC)
177 - Hero's Welcome - Bob Tomihiro - Hero - 1 -ROC 96.5 (SC)
178 - Something Weird in Uncle Rupert's Cellar - Jean Rabe - - -PentaCon (IN)
179 - Tears of Selune - Frank Timar - Selune - 2 -Ravens Bluff Revisited 2 (NJ)
180 - Dark Maiden - George Fulda - - -Ravens Bluff Revisited 2 (NJ)
181 - Renegades - Gary Watkins - War - 8 -Ravens Bluff Revisited 2 (NJ)
182 - Case of Weatherbeaten Book - Steve Hardinger - RBBI Case - 3 -Total Tublerer Con (CA)
183 - Deluge - Wayne Melnick - - -CosCon (PA)
184 - Down Below - John Richardson - - -Sunquest (FL)
185 - Passing the Torch - Dan Donnelly - - -Sunquest (FL)
186 - No Business Like It - Michael Smith - - -Round Con (SC)
187 - Some Enchanted Evening - Bob Tomihiro - - -Round Con (SC)
188 - Waterfalls - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 1 -Dreamation (NJ)
189 - Orcs Galore - Dan Donnelly - Notoriety - 2 -Dreamation (NJ)
190 - Much Ado About Mutton - Andrew Hauptman - - -Dreamation (NJ)
191 - To Boldly Go - John Bentas - Boldly - 1 -Total Confusion (MA)
192 - Legends - Ray Delgado - - -Conn Con (CT)
193 - Mirror Mirror - Greg Dreher - - -Conn Con (CT)
194 - Slippery When Wet - Dan Donnelly - - -Conn Con (CT)
195 - Value of Miracle - Robert Wiese - - -Dan Con 4 (GA)
196 - Up, Up, and Away - Dan Donnelly - - -Dan Con 4 (GA)
197 - To Fly - Bob Tomihiro - - -Dan Con 4 (GA)
198 - Scarlet Picaros - Ann Marie Paulukonis - - -Noah Con (OH)
199 - Walk on the Wildside - Theron Martin - War - 9 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 3
200 - Best Served Cold - Kim Winz - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 3
201 - Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen - Jean Rabe - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 3
202 - Blaze of Glory - Tom Prusa - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 3
203 - Dawn's Early Light - Dan Donnelly - War - 10 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 3
204 - It Happened One Night - Roger Rhodes - - -WV Gamers Con (WV)
205 - To Protect and Serve - Joe Cirillo - - -WV Gamers Con (WV)
206 - Wandering Heartwander - George Fulda - Jewel of Putrescence - 1 -WV Gamers Con (WV)
207 - Potions, Lotions, & Notions: Closed - Todd Smart - - -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
208 - Gathering - George Fulda - - -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
209 - Stars and Moon Above - Dan Donnelly - Tarot - 2 -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
210 - Death's Door - Tom Prusa - - -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
211 - Stranded in Sarbreen - Michael Griffith - - -Lehicon 7 (PA)
212 - Very Personal Request - Joseph Ward Jr. - - -Lehicon 7 (PA)
213 - When the Maul Falls - Keith Polster - - -Summer Revel (IL)
214 - Going Ape - Jean Rabe - - -Summer Revel (IL)
215 - Living: Impossible - Michael Capps - - -Summer Revel (IL)
216 - Descent into the Deep - Roger Bert II - - -MooCon 3.5 (MI)
217 - Fisherman's Tale - Roger Bert II - - -MooCon 3.5 (MI)
218 - Bursting Your Bubble - Paul Sean Flaherty - - -Dragon Con (GA)
219 - Hard Place - John Richardson - - -Dragon Con (GA)
220 - Aethalynmur's Wings - Jean Rabe - Aethalynmur - 1 -Dragon Con (GA)
221 - Sea of Tears - Bob Tomihiro - - -Dragon Con (GA)
223 - Knight Moves - Wayne Straiton - - -Dex Con 6 (NJ)
224 - Hunting Party - Joe Cirillo - - -Dex Con 6 (NJ)
225 - Baby's Got Blue Eyes - Gail Reese - - -Dex Con 6 (NJ)
226 - Vengeance - Frank Timar - Vengence - 3 -Dex Con 6 (NJ)
227 - Fire's Eye - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 2 -Dex Con 6 (NJ)
228 - In Search of Beauty - George Fulda - Jewel of Putrescence - 2 -Origins (OH)
229 - Light in the Lover's Eye - Dan Donnelly - Tarot - 3 -Origins (OH)
230 - Last Request (A) - Cisco Lopez - - -Origins (OH)
231 - Who's to Blame - Greg Dreher - CatCompliation - 1 -Origins (OH)
232 - Cat and Mouse - Jeremy Fowler-Lindemulder - - -Dark Con (OK)
233 - Make a Wish - Steve Hardinger - - -Gen Con 30 (WI)
234 - Pirate of Hearts - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 1 -Gen Con 30 (WI)
235 - Stairway to Heaven - Dan Donnelly - - -Gen Con 30 (WI)
236 - Awakening The Beast - Larry Douglas - - -And Con '97 (OH)
237 - Housecleaning 2 (Mission of Mercy) - Dan Donnelly - Housecleaning - 2 -And Con '97 (OH)
238 - Saviors of Sarbreen - Robert Wiese - - -And Con '97 (OH)
239 - Sojourn Two: Wrath Of Athuman - David Santana - Sojourn - 2 -And Con '97 (OH)
240 - Very Serious Matter - Paul Pederson - Diabolical Grasp - 1 -And Con '97 (OH)
241 - Victus Enim Vermis - Larry Douglas - - -And Con '97 (OH)
242 - For the Sake of Goodness - Liz Black - - -Knigh Games(NY)
243 - Ascension - Shy Aberman - - -Mace '97 (NC)
244 - Knight to Remember - Pete Winz - - -Mace '97 (NC)
245 - Reconstruction - Bob Tomihiro - Hero - 2 -Mace '97 (NC)
246 - Vial Secret - Jay Fisher - Procampur - 2 -Dreamation (NJ)
247 - Scaled - Sholom J West - - -MarsCon '98 (VA)
248 - Alter Egos - George Aber - - -GeoCon '98 (various)
249 - Octagon - George Aber - - -GeoCon '98 (various)
250 - Air's Looking at You - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 3 -Dreamation (NJ)
251 - Arrival - Erik Mona - - -Con of the North (MN)
252 - Ebulon Affiar - Erik Mona - Ebon Tendrils - 1 -Con of the North (MN)
253 - Where Have You Gond? - Rick Brill - - -Con of the North (MN)
254 - Innocent Eyes - Steven Roy - - -Total Confusion (MA)
255 - Little Knowledge (A) - Nick Perch - Black Hand - 1 -BashCon(OH)
256 - Man for the Ages (A) - Nick Perch - Black Hand - 2 -BachCon(OH)
257 - Grimm Determinations - Andrew Hauptman - Procampur - 3 -Winter Fantasy 98
258 - Rogue of the World - Dan Donnelly - Tarot - 4 -Winter Fantasy 98
259 - Resolution - James Alonso - - -Winter Fantasy 98
260 - Red Dawn - Chris Ruester - Red Threat - 1 -Sunquest
261 - It Just So Happens - Paul Pederson - - -Sunquest
262 - Life of the Party - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 3.5 -ConConn
263 - Fistful of Drachmas - David Santana - Flight of Arrows - 1 -ConConn
264 - Copycat (The) - Robert Wiese - Mohammed - 3 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 4
265 - Annie Would I Lie to You - Greg Dreher - CatComplilation - 2 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 4
266 - Friendly Suggestion - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 4 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 4
267 - Going Home - Sherrie Masdon - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 4
268 - Roundup (The) - Ed Gibson - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 4
269 - Dark Maiden's Price - Dan Donnelly - - -EastCoastGameFaire
270 - Eye of the Storm - Mark Jindra - - -EastCoastGameFaire
271 - Twilight Avenger II - Dan Donnelly - Luck of Tyr - 2 -EastCoastGameFaire
272 - Crysmal Caves - Troy Daniels - Unfinished Business - 2 -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
273 - Scrutiny on the Bounty - Paul Pederson - - -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
274 - Soulstorm - Dan Donnelly - Soul - 2 -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
275 - What The... - Cisco Lopez - When Darkness Falls - 1 -TwinCon (MN)
276 - For Sale - Cisco Lopez - When Darkness Falls - 2 -TwinCon (MN)
277 - Where You Were - Cisco Lopez - When Darkness Falls - 3 -TwinCon (MN)
278 - Total Eclipse - Cisco Lopez - When Darkness Falls - 4 -TwinCon (MN)
279 - Alyssia's Travail - Andrew Rothstein - - -Dan Con (GA)
280 - Legacy of Thallastan - Jay Fisher - Procampur - 5 -Dan Con (GA)
281 - Kuril's Tomb - Erich Schmidt - - -Three Rivers Game Fest (PA)
282 - Crawl - Jean Rabe - Crawl - 1 -Summer Revel (IL)
283 - Darkbow - David Krolnik - - -BenCon (CO)
284 - Rock (The) - Richard Brill - - -Summer Revel (IL)
285 - Boy and His Mammoth (A) - Ed Gibson - - -Summer Revel (IL)
286 - Night of the Luner Eclipse - Jim Alan - - -Summer Revel (IL)
287 - Live and Let Die - 5rds - Eugene Luster - - -PolyCon (CA)
288 - Small Problem (A) - Cisco Lopez - Small - 2 -Origins (OH)
289 - Unfamiliar Territory - Ed Gibson - - -Origins (OH)
290 - Veil of Darkness - Dan Donnelly - Soul - 3 -Origins (OH)
291 - Court of Thieves - Jeremy Fowler-Lindemulder - - -Dark Con (OK)
292 - Dying Man's Last Wish - Michael White - - -Origins (OH)
293 - Dark Lord, Morning Glory - Jeffery Scott Meyers - Cycle of Cyric - 1 -Gen Con 31 (WI)
294 - Necessary Evil (A) - James Alonso - - -Gen Con 31 (WI)
295 - The Heart of Darkness - Dan Donnelly - Soul - 4 -Gen Con 31 (WI)
296 - To Kill a Nightingale - Jay Fisher - Procampur - 6 -Gen Con 31 (WI)
297 - Shot in the Dark - Part 1 - Lee McClurkin - HUD - 1 -Gen Con 31 (WI)
298 - MegaDeath 2 - Body Bags and Other Loose Ends - Don Weatherbee - - -Gen Con 31 (WI)
299 - Arr...Maties! - David Wolin - - -ComiCon (CA)
300 - Cleric in Crow's End - David Wolin - - -ComiCon (CA)
301 - Following Cobalt Flame - Stephanie Zuiderweg - - -ComiCon (CA)
302 - Heroes of the Guild - Stephanie Zuiderweg - - -ComiCon (CA)
303 - Taps - Eugene Luster - - -ComiCon (CA)
304 - To Boldly Go ... Again - John Bentas - Boldly - 2 -Con Man (NH)
305 - In Those Days - Jeff Kahrs - Chaos - 1 -Dragon Con (GA)
306 - Natural Order - Bob Tomihiro - Chaos - 4 -Dragon Con (GA)
307 - Ship of Doom - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 3.7 -Spectrum (NJ)
308 - Life and Death Struggle - Richard Dold - - -Dragon Con (GA)
309 - Return to Innocence - Pete Winz - Chaos - 2 -Dragon Con (GA)
310 - Shot in the Dark - Part 2 - Lee McClurkin - HUD - 2 -Dragon Con (GA)
311 - Swearing Stone - Brett King - Chaos - 3 -Dragon Con (GA)
312 - Impendant Symposium - 2rds - Reynolds Jones - - -Spectrum (NJ)
313 - Killing Grounds - Dan Donnelly - HUD - 3 -And Con (OH)
314 - No Place Like Home - Dan Donnelly - - -And Con (OH)
315 - Along the Wheel of Fates - Dan Donnelly - Tarot - 5 -And Con (OH)
316 - Case of the Little Gray Box - Steve Hardinger - RBBI Case - 4 -Totally Tubular Con (CA)
317 - In An Elven Way - David Santana - - -Knight Games (NJ)
318 - Stone Cold - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 4 -Knight Games (NY)
319 - Fool's Luck - Mac Chambers - - -Totally Tubular Con (CA)
320 - Stop Spreading the News - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 7 -Con Line (AOL)
321 - Monster Mash - Dan Donnelly - - -Dan Con (GA)
322 - Anduri's Wandering Conundrum - Brett King - - -MACE (NC)
323 - Eyes of the Raven - Gail Reese - Bloody Fang - 1 -Con Fest (MA)
324 - Lich Hunt - David Wolin - - -MACE (NC)
325 - Out in the Cornfield - David Wolin - - -CA Writers Con (CA)
326 - Revenge is Harder Than Stone - Richard Reiter - - -Dan Con (GA)
327 - Judgment Day - John Hinkle - - -Shaun Con (MO)
328 - Delgath's Lament - Chris Weeda - Procampur - 11 -Dan Con (GA)
329 - Cravings - Steven Sampson - - -Geo Con (VAR)
330 - Wizard Eywoz - Tamara Sampson - - -Geo Con (VAR)
331 - Land Remembered (A) - Erik Mona - - -Geo Con (VAR)
332 - What You Don't Know? - Richard Reiter - Procampur - 9 -Weekend in Procammpur
333 - Tomb of the Unknown - Steve Hardinger - - -Con Yoeman (OH)
334 - Perfect Ten - Christopher Reed - - -Florida Fantasy (FL)
335 - Envy Life - Matt James - - -Gengis Con (CO)
336 - Stolen Crown - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 8 -Winter Fanstasy (WI)
337 - Another Serious Matter - Paul Pederson - Diabolical Grasp - 2 -Winter Fanstasy (WI)
338 - In Memory of Evermeet - Kevin Blake - - -Highland Romp (OK)
339 - Rage - Todd Smart - New Darkness - 1 -Highland Romp (OK)
340 - Underground (The) - Chris Ruester - Red Threat - 2 -Florida Fantasy (FL)
341 - Where in Ravens Bluff is Madison Conner? - Daniel Llewelyn - - -Gengis Con (CO)
342 - Shadows Rising - Erik Mona - Gang Wars - 1 -Geo Con (VAR)
343 - Friend or Foe? - Todd Smart - HUD - 5 -Sunquest (FL)
344 - Civic Duty - Bob Tomihiro - - -Norewescon (WA)
345 - Knight and the Living Dead - Dan Donnelly - Knight - 2 -3 Rivers Fest '99 (PA)
346 - Quatlebar - Gary Labrecque - - -Mar Con (OH)
347 - Guns of Azzagrat - 2rds - Erik Mona - Ebon Tendrils - 2 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 5
348 - Quest for Fire - Dan Donnelly - Procampur - 16 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 5
349 - Rightful Property - Frank Timar - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 5
349.5 - Salvation - Joe Masdon - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 5
350 - Stoneheart - Sean Duff - - -Dan Con (GA)
351 - Crawl 2: Another Temple, Another Time - Keith Polster - Procampur - -BenCon (CO)
352 - Everything Dies - Larry Douglas - - -Dan Con (GA)
353 - Ticket to Midnight - Erich Schmidt - HPL - 1 -Gamex (CA)
354 - Aethalynmur's Plight - Jean Rabe - Aethalynmur - 2 -FanFaire (SC)
355 - Revenge of the Everman - Erik Mona - Gang Wars - 2 -Summer Revel 3 (WI)
356 - Before Its Time - Richard Brill - - -Summer Revel 3 (WI)
357 - Dog Days of Summer - Allan Fawcett - - -Summer Revel 3 (WI)
358 - I'm Your Bane - John Wyatt - - -Blue Water Con (MI)
359 - Grimm Revelations - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 10 -Origins (OH)
360 - Forgotten Land - Larry Douglas - - -Dragon Con (GA)
361 - Hope and A Prayer - Dan Donnelly - - -Dragon Con (GA)
362 - On Guard - Richard Brill - HUD - 6 -Origins (OH)
363 - Mines of Sarbreen - Jeffrey Morrison - HUD - 7 -Origins (OH)
364 - Ruff Knight in Ravens Bluff - Dan Donnelly - - -Origins (OH)
365 - Witch of the Mists - Ed Gibson - - -Gen Con 32 (WI)
366 - Lacquered Chest - Lawrence Ramirez - - -Gen Con 32 (WI)
367 - Heir Un-apparent - Jeffery Scott Meyers - Cycle of Cyric - 2 -Gen Con 32 (WI)
368 - Challenge of the Children - Stephanie Zuiderweg - - -Gen Con 32 (WI)
369 - Three Coins in a Well - Erich Schmidt - HPL - 2 -Gen Con 32 (WI)
370 - The Isle of the End - Dave Sreniawski - HUD - 8 -Gen Con 32 (WI)
371 - See No Evil - Andrew Jaremkow - - -Watsfic (ON)
372 - To Boldly Go….One Last Time - John Bentas - Boldly - 3 -Con Man (NH)
373 - Fallen Knight - 2rd - Sean Duff - Corruptor - 1 -Shore Con (NJ)
374 - Moon (The) - Victor Long - - -Shore Con (NJ)
375 - Desperately Seeking Selune - Chris Ruester - Red Threat - 3 -Totally Tubular Con VII (CA)
376 - See How They Run - Andrew Jaremkow - - -Florida Fall Fantasy (FL)
377 - All The World's a Stage - Christina Nichols - - -FanFaire (SC)
378 - Cuckholds and Mussels - Mark Templeton - - -Florida Fantasy (FL)
379 - Dawning of a New Day - David Samuels - - -Knight Games (NY)
380 - For a Few Zhents More - David Santana - Flight of Arrows - 2 -CARP Out (WI)
381 - Return (The) - Gary Labrecque - - -Knight Games (NY)
382 - Meeting of Brains - Jeffrey Morrison - HUD - 9 -Knight Games (NY)
383 - Beautification Day - Gary Labrecque - Torr - 1 -MACE (NC)
384 - Shadowed Paths - Nick Perch - Black Hand - 3 -MACE '99 (NC)
385 - In the Hall of the Mountain Mage - Roger Rhodes - - -Penta Con (IN)
386 - Stone and Steel - Erich Schmidt - HPL - 3 -DisCon I (DC)
386 - Starry Eyes - Gregory Dreher - - -Weekend in Malatra (VAR)
387 - Lord of the Grapes - Dan Donnelly - - -Century Con (GA)
388 - Out for a Scroll - Tom Prusa - - -Century Con (GA)
389 - Stormbreaker - Bill Reynolds - - -Century Con (GA)
390 - Spider Tower - Dan Donnelly - HPL - 4 -Century Con (GA)
391 - House Divided - Dan Donnelly - HUD - 10 -Century Con (GA)
392 - No Time to Lose - Paul Pederson - HPL - 5 -Winter Fantasy (IN)
393 - When Ao Comes to Town - Matt Capstraw - Ao - 1 -Florida Fantasy (FL)
394 - Crypt of the Unknown - Christopher Reed - - -Florida Fantasy (FL)
395 - Mist Opportunties - Cliff Caldwell - - -Westpac Con (HI)
396 - Scars that Never Heal - 2rds - Erik Mona - - -Winter Fantasy (IN)
396.2 - To Hell in a Handbasket - Stephen Wales - Diabolical Grasp - 3 -Genghis Con (CO)
397 - Jerm Warfare - Kevin Blake - - -CARP (MI)
398 - An Average Day in Ravens Bluff - Laurie Fox - - -CARP (WI)
399 - Dungeon of Sorrow - Liz Black - - -Conn Con (CT)
400 - And the Deep Blue Sea - Gary Lebrecque - - -Con Conn (CT)
401 - Where Have All the Leaders Gone - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 14 -Weekend in Procampur (Var)
402 - Piniago For Your Troughts - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 12 -Weekend in Procampur (Var)
403 - Other Side of the Coin - Matthew Domville - Procampur - 13 -Weekend in Procampur (Var)
404 - Battlefield: Procampur - 2rds - Jay Fisher - Procampur - 15 -Weekend in Procampur (Var)
405 - Cenotaph - Pete Winz - - -Duracon (NC)
406 - Gruesome Fairy Tale - Brett King - - -DuraCon (NC)
407 - Overlooked (The) - Christina Nichols - - -CARP (WI)
408 - Something in the Water - Rachel Casey - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 6
409 - Eye of Horus - Larry Douglas - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 6
410 - First Link - Rick Brill - Chain the Binds - 1 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 6
411 - Dragon's Spirit - Troy Daniels - Cycle of Dragon - 1 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 6
412 - Its Your Lucky Day - Gail Reese - Luck of Tyr - 3 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 6
413 - Beautiful Day (A) - James Roberts - - -GAMEX (CA)
414 - Close Quarters - J. Allan Fawcett - - -GAMEX (CA)
415 - If Only - Joe Russell - - -Steel Valley Con (OH)
416 - Night (The) - Victor Long - - -Steel Valley Con (OH)
417 - Wizard's Game - Gregory Dreher - - -Ben Con (CO)
418 - Cloaks and Daggers - 2rds - Bruce Rabe - - -Summer Revel 4 (WI)
419 - Festival of Blood - Richard Reiter - - -Dragon Con (GA)
420 - Heroes' Feast - Robert Tomihiro - - -Dragon Con (GA)
421 - Into the Depths - Edward Ennett - HPL - 6 -Dragon Con (GA)
422 - Redemption - John Richardson - - -Dragon Con (GA)
423 - Say Cheese - Rick Brill - - -Summer Revel 4 (WI)
424 - Twilight of the Dirty Turtles - Erik Mona - Gang Wars - 3 -Summer Revel 4 (WI)
425 - Blood Under Kandelspire - 2rds - Erik Mona - HUD - 12 -Origins (OH)
426 - Cloud Nine - James Roberts - - -Origins (OH)
427 - Dragon's Knowledge - Troy Daniels - Cycle of Dragon - 2 -Origins (OH)
428 - Jig Is Up - Heather Van Buren - HUD - 11 -Origins (OH)
429 - Dangerous Liaisons - Brian Hancock - - -Comic-Con (CA)
430 - Everyone's Favorite Haunted House - Tracey Wilson - - -Patriot Games (VA)
431 - Feat of Clay - Andrew Jaremkow - - -Durham Con (ON)
432 - Heart of Mohammed - 2rds - Robert Wiese - Mohammed - 4 -Origins (OH)
433 - Silk and Assassins - Sean Duff - Corruptor - 2 -Patriot Games (VA)
434 - Approaching Doom - Frank Timar - Destiny of the Dwarves - 1 -Gen Con (WI)
435 - Eagle's Landing - Jay Fisher - Procampur - -Gen Con (WI)
436 - It Came from the Sea - Dan Donnelly - - -Gen Con (WI)
437 - Day of the Dwarf - 2rds - Frank Timar - Destiny of the Dwarves - 2 -Shore Con (NJ)
438 - Dragon's Deep - Troy Daniels - Cycle of Dragon - 3 -Shore Con (NJ)
439 - Revenge of the Cult - Michael White - HPL - 7 -Camp Con II (OH)
440 - Stakeout (The) - Peter Parker - - -Camp Con II (OH)
441 - Stanham Stone - Andrew Jaremkow - - -WILFCon (ON)
442 - Back to the Hills - Matthew Capstraw - Ao - 2 -Florida Fall Fantasy (FL)
443 - Built to Last - 2rds - Christopher Reed - - -MACE (NC)
444 - Cold Feat - Cindy Mullins - - -CARP Out (MI)
445 - Mirror Maker - 2rds - Kristofer Wade - - -Florida Fall Fantasy (FL)
446 - Simple Pickup - Gary Labrecque - Torr - 2 -Knights Game (NY)
447 - Wedding Day - David Samuels - - -Knights Game (NY)
448 - All Bad Things Must Come to an End - John Bentas - - -Carnage (VT)
449 - Dragon's Honor - Troy Daniels - Cycle of Dragon - 4 -DisCon II (VA)
450 - Dwarf in the Fold - David Santana - Destiny of the Dwarves - 3 -DisCon II (VA)
451 - Ladies Knight - Emmitt Noey - - -PentaCon (IN)
452 - Laws of Luck - Gail Reese - Luck of Tyr - 4 -Geo Con (VAR)
453 - Messenger - Francisco Lopez-Fresquet - HPL - 8 -JonCon (MN)
454 - Pure Evil - James Roberts - - -Geo Con (VAR)
455 - Race for the Rod - Sean Duff - Destiny of the Dwarves - 4 -Dis Con (VA)
456 - Vast Shadows - Sean Duff - Corruptor - 3 -Dire Consequences (VA)
457 - Will Someone Please Close That Gate - Heather Van Buren - HUD - 13 -Old OeridiCon (MI)
458 - Recovery - Heather Van Buren - HUD - 15 -Old OeridiCon (MI)
459 - Stars Don’t Lie - Lee and Michelle Sharp - - -Old OeridiCon (MI)
460 - Special Mission - Heather Van Buren - HUD - 14 -Old OeridiCon (MI)
461 - Backstreet Justice - John Wyatt - Guild Wars - 1 -Old OeridiCon (MI)
462 - Amber's Story - 2rds - Robert Wiese - - -Winter Fantasy 2001 (IN)
463 - Tunnel Vision - Frank Timar - Destiny of the Dwarves - 5 -Winter Fantasy 2001 (IN)
464 - Ineffable Tome - Greg Dreher - - -Winter Fantasy 2001 (IN)
465 - Dragons Rage - 2rds - Jason Nichols / Troy Daniels - - -Winter Fantasy 2001 (IN)
466 - Thay Came from East - Mick Nelson - - -Con of the North 2001 (MN)
467 - Payback - Roger Rhodes - - -Total Confusion XV (MA)
468 - Pirates of Yore - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 16 -Megacon (FL)
469 - Something Fishy Going On - Morrie Mullins - Procampur - 17 -Megacon (FL)
470 - Pligramage - Andrew Hauptman - Procampur - 18 -Megacon (FL)
471 - Squires First Errand - Lee and Michelle Sharp - - -BransCon V (MO)
472 - When Chaos Reigns - Alan Bonnin - - -Chaos Con III (TN)
473 - Full Circle - David Samuels - Elementally Speaking - 5 -ConnCon 2001 (CT)
474 - Good, the Undead and the Ugly - David Santana - Flight of Arrows - 3 -ConnCon 2001 (CT)
475 - Missing - Sherrie Masdon - - -Duracon 3 (NC)
476 - Cowboy Diplomacy - John Bentas - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 7
477 - Gift of Song - Catie Martolin / Rhonda Hutcheson - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 7
478 - HalurAMoradin - Frank Timar - Destiny of the Dwarves - 6 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 7
479 - Dragons Law - Daniel Cooper - Procampur - 19 -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 7
480 - Swansong - C.E. Caldwell - - -Weekend in Ravens Bluff 7
481 - Lost in Love - Mark Templeton - Procampur - 20 -Dreamation 2001 (NJ)
482 - Night at Sharkeys Bar and Grill - Tom Nolan - Devil of the Deep - 1 -Motor City Comic Con 2001 (MI)
483 - Wild Ride - Christopher Jensen - Forest of Lethyr - 1 -Dreamation 2001 (NJ)
484 - A Day at the Races - Tom Nolan - Devil of the Deep - 2 -Winter Fantasy 2002 (IN)
485 - News of the World - Tom Nolan - Devil of the Deep - 3 -Winter Fantasy 2002 (IN)
486 - A Kind of Magic - Tom Nolan - Devil of the Deep - 4 -Winter Fantasy 2002 (IN)
487 - Art Imitates Life - Lance Thomas - - -Con2001 (NV)
488 - Broken Glass - Joseph Russell - - -Con2001 (NV)
489 - Family Matters - Rebecca Ward / Bill Ward - DeSheers - 1 -Con2001 (NV)
490 - Unmasked - Mark Grotewold / Chris Teegarden - - -Con2001 (NV)
491 - Family Ties - Rebecca Ward / Bill Ward - DeSheers - 2 -Con2001 (NV)
492 - Starboard Stuff - Matt Lau - Umberlee's Wrath - 1 -Con2001 (NV)
493 - Swift Justice - Brian Chalmers - - -Con2001 (NV)
494 - Umberlees Treasure - Matt Lau - Umberlee's Wrath - 2 -Con2001 (NV)
495 - Friend of a Friend - Jean Rabe - - -Milwaukee Summer Revel 5 (WI)
496 - Case of the Missing Chef - Harold Johnson - - -Milwaukee Summer Revel 5 (WI)
497 - Too Much of Me is Magic - Jean Rabe - - -Milwaukee Summer Revel 5 (WI)
498 - Last Defense - Barratt Moy - - -Milwaukee Summer Revel 5 (WI)
499 - No Stone Unturned - Wesley Lovell - - -SAGACon (MO)
500 - For Love Lost - Gary Labrecque - - -Origins 2001 (OH)
501 - Luck, Law, and Life - Gail Reese - Luck of Tyr - 5 -Origins 2001 (OH)
502 - Hawthorn Crown - 2rds - Andrew Jaremkow - - -Origins 2001 (OH)
503 - Rasison d'etre - Stephanie Zuiderweg - - -Comic-Con International (CA)
504 - Silence Going for Death - 3rds - Jim Roberts - - -Gen Con 2001 (WI)
505 - Hawk's Pride - Daniel Perez - - -ConQuest (OH)
506 - Forever Hold Your Peace - Catie Martolin - - -Gen Con 2001 (WI) 08/01
507 - A Tale of Two Towers - Bill Kerney - - -DragonCon 2001 (GA) 08/01
508 - Street Survivors - Phil Thompson - - -Shorecon 2001 (NJ) 09/01
509 - Once Upon a Time in the Vast - David Santana - Flight of Arrows - 4 -Campcon 2001 (OH) 09/01
510 - Death Rides Brown Wings - Lee and Michelle Sharp - - -DisCon III (VA) 11/01
511 - And They Shall All Fall - Steven Hansen - - -
512 - Rise to the Surface - Steven Hansen - Dark Vemon - 1 -
513 - Shadows of Sevenecho - John Wyatt - - -
514 - 240 - Scott Magner - - -
515 - Castle Zadrian - Rich Wulf - - -
516 - Danger in The Forest - Christopher Jensen - Forest of Lethyr - 2 -
517 - Dawn of the Serpent - Steve Hough - - -
518 - Dead Man's Cove - Ken Carpenter - - -
519 - Deep Reading - Mark Templeton - - -
520 - Fist of Fire - Greg Kilberger - - -
521 - Future Problems - Jason White - - -
522 - Glory of the Game - Nicolas Ventura - - -
523 - Natures Balance - Brandon Powers - - -
524 - Offending Forest - Joe Haney - - -
525 - Opening the Locks - Rick Brill - Chain That Binds - 2 -
526 - Out of Body, Out of Mind - Patrick Kapera - - -
527 - Ow, Quit It - Jeff Hertel - - -
528 - Per Our Usual Arrangements - Jeremy Vosberg - - -
529 - The Hive - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 1 -
530 - Temple of the Iron Codex - Ree Soesbee - Iron Codex - 2 -
531 - Scum and Villainy - Scott Magner - - -
532 - Sea Dog Stories - Ray Mosco - - -
533 - Servants of the Blood Moon - Ree Soesbee - - -
534 - Servants of the People - Scott Magner - - -
535 - Prophecies of the Kir-Lanian - Ryan Dancey - Iron Codex - 3 -
536 - Meanstreet - John Wyatt - Guild Wars - 2 -
537 - The Game - John Wyatt - Guild Wars - 3 -
538 - Rouge - Kent Chen - - -
539 - To the Rescue - Greg Kilberger - Portalwatcher - 1 -
540 - The Little Red Man - Jason Cross - - -
541 - Beggar Factory - Bryan Haught - - -
542 - The Shaft - Michael White - - -
543 - Keys of the City - Greg Kilberger - Portalwatcher - 2 -
544 - Touch - Kent Chen - - -
545 - Unmasked - Mark Grotewold - - -
546 - What in the World is This - Bob Person - - -
547 - A Seed is Planted - Cisco Lopez-Fresquet - - -
548 - Actions Speak Louder Than Words - Bart Scott - - -
549.1 - Silent Night - Intro-Conclusion - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 4 -
549.2 - Silent Night - Inauguration - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 5 -
549.3 - Silent Night - Nightfall - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 6 -
549.4 - Silent Night - Secrets of the Past - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 7 -
549.5 - Silent Night - Endgame - Scott Magner - Iron Codex - 8 -
550 - Ravens Bluff - Approaches Its Golden Age - Dan Donnelly - Housecleaning - 3.5 -
551 - Ravens Bluff - Gateway to the Vast - Dan Donnelly - - -
Aven Elonis
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Armytroy wrote:Funny Story.

Robert Wiese and I created "Day Units" as a way to encourage people to play different PCs. This helped us curb the leveling that was going on as players were playing the heck out a single character. That meant that we had to write most adventures with a range from 1st through 12th level. By putting in 52 day units and then saying that each scenario was at least 1 day unit it slowed down advancement and gave us some much-needed breathing room. Players could use day units for proficiency based crafting and guild things as well.

Heh.. brought back some memories. :-)

Troy
(used to do a little LC management back in the day.. )

I think that Living Greyhawk picked up your Day Units and renamed them TIme Units. They had meta-organisations and you had to spend a certain number of Time Units to buy your way into an organisation. (Later they seemed to start converting the organisations into Prestige Classes.)

Did you charge different amounts of Day Units for membership of guilds?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 am

Armytroy wrote:Living City was rich with meta-organizations. Wizards Guilds, Cleric Circles, Druids Groves, Animal Shelter, Navy, LC Land Office, City Guard and more.

All of these organizations were run by players. and brought real benefits to the player characters in the game. Both in scenarios and during large, live action interactive events.

Respectfully,

Troy

Darn. I missed this when you posted it.

It's such an interesting topic, that I've started a new thread for it: Living City Meta-Organisations
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 am

GMWestermeyer wrote:I just finished reading City of Ravens. it was surprisingly good but it felt like an odd mix of 2e and 3e. but it was nice to see magic in an AD&D novel that almost felt like AD&D magic.

I still need to buy that one.

GMWestermeyer wrote:It seems odd that after all of those years, that no one bothered to preserve the history of Raven's Bluff: The Living City. No list of modules or descriptions of modules, it's almost like it never happened. Sad. :(

I've not given up looking yet, Paul. Maybe there is a Living City website that has been archived on the Wayback Machine.

GMWestermeyer wrote:Back in the day i was jealous of it, since I didn't attend conventions I couldn't really participate.

I've been disappointed by that.I was hoping that WotC could use a similar contract to the DMs Guild contract, to allow RPGA author/owners to sell their adventures on DMs Guild.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Asaki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:48 am

There's a scant amount of information in the Archive of the old site, but mostly dead links: http://web.archive.org/web/200105062025 ... /welcome,3

This website has a bunch of the PDFs, including some newer Trumpeters (97-99): http://rpgaweb.tripod.com/

LCMeta_Book looks to be 3rd edition, but the rest looks like 2nd. lccharwb has character sheets =)

Polyhedron Magazine had some bits about Living City, but most of it that I've seen just seems to be detailing certain NPCs and shops. I haven't checked to see how much of it made it into the officially released modules. I think they had a few Trumpeters, also.

It would be cool to bring this back, especially in this age of Internet and OSR. Surely some of the DMs from back then still have all of the adventures? But scanning/transcribing them would be a lot of work (especially if there's over 500 of them), not to mention the legal issues, and I doubt there's interest out there to get enough people playing.

The Board Game Geek website has some images of them, so they must have been available once-upon-a-time: https://rpggeek.com/rpgseries/39653/rpg ... adventures

Here's another Tripod page with schedules: http://ugg_gamers.tripod.com/events.html

Edit: There's also this, looks like it's the rules for converting to 3rd edition: http://valdier.com/roleplaying/MASH%20I ... 122000.pdf
Asaki
Kobold

Postby Asaki » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:51 am

Digging deep!

http://web.archive.org/web/199911271707 ... index.html

Lots of broken links, but "A Primer on Vastian Geography" is mostly working.

Here's a newer archive, after Wizards moved the site around:

http://web.archive.org/web/200008181723 ... elcome.asp

A lot less broken links.

On a semi-related note, the Green Regent (3rd edition) stuff is pretty easy to find:

http://web.archive.org/web/200308022314 ... t.asp?x=gr

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp? ... rchfr/frgr

Most of the downloads are still up if you know how to hack the URLs. I haven't found the four XGR modules yet, though.
Asaki
Kobold

Return to Forgotten Realms