New Podcast: Forgotten Realms Book Club

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.

New Podcast: Forgotten Realms Book Club

Postby ReadingTheRealms » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Hey folks and well met. I host a relatively new podcast called Reading The Realms. We are a book club podcast that is reading all of the Forgotten Realms novels in publication order. We just put out our fifth episode covering the fan favorite Azure Bonds! You can find the podcast on Apple iTunes Podcasts, Google Play Podcasts, and SoundCloud. I'll include a link below to the show. We also encourage listeners to write us and join in on the conversation around each book. You can reach us at readingtherealms@gmail.com and on Twitter: @ReadingFR.

https://soundcloud.com/user-538023235/tracks

We hope you'll join us on our journey!
ReadingTheRealms
Kobold

Re: New Podcast: Forgotten Realms Book Club

Postby Sturm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

Interesting, I will surely listen. I am also reading the novels, but not exactly in publication order.
There is also a thread on Candlekeep by a user who is doing the same: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20230
Sturm
Black Dragon

Re: New Podcast: Forgotten Realms Book Club

Postby Falconer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Remember that with these early novels you can also follow along in The Forgotten Realms Atlas by Karen Wynn Fonstad. I have been collecting first editions of all the novels it covers (except The Moonshae Trilogy, which I have never been able to get into) in order to have an attractive set on my shelf. Most of them are not very great novels in and of themselves, but, overall the world is kind of neat.
Falconer
Troll

Return to Forgotten Realms