Savage Forgotten Realms: A Fan Conversion

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Savage Forgotten Realms: A Fan Conversion

Post by Tim Baker »

ShadowDad wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:54 pm
I was looking to check out your work, but the links are all broken/dead.
Did you move where you are hosting them?
Hi, ShadowDad. Sometimes folks are more likely to see a post (especially one that's experienced some thread necromancy over the past 2½ years) if you quote them in the post. That will generate a notification, even if they stopped following the thread. So I'm going to try that here.

Also, I noticed that this is your first post. Please feel free to introduce yourself over on the Introduce yourself here thread, so we can get to know you better. You can share when you started playing RPGs, what your favorite systems are, and what settings you enjoy (or whatever you're comfortable sharing).
Boddynock wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:36 am
[So, one of the projects I've been working with is a conversion of Forgotten Realms to one of my favorite mechanic systems: Savage Worlds. My previous endeavors unfortunately were sidetracked, crashed, and then burn. In this case I've shown up to the party with a draft PDF that converts the races found in the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting (the only portion of the campaign I've ever known). So, if you're a Savage Worlds fan who wanted to run a Ghostwise Hafling or Svirfneblin, or a Forgotten Realms fan who wants to wince at some laymen take a stab at document design, I invite you to give this a once-over! Let me know what you think, what you might want to see added, or anything else. If you'd like to have the raw word document, please feel free to PM me. I'm happy to share.
Hi, Boddynock. If you're still on The Piazza, there's some interest in this content. Would you please post updated links? Thanks!

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Post by Boddynock »

Unfortunately I did drop the project awhile ago. I have yet to get a copy of the Adventure Edition, so maybe something can be put into the works down the road. I will say the main points that the conversion document covered were racial templates based off the races found in the 3e Campaign Setting book. I hadn't really touched on a lot of custom Edges besides one-or-two Racial edges that I got from feats, such as the Drow's daylight acclimation feat that became a racial edge.
Check out my blog: 'The Gnomish Embassy'

My Wattpad Profile

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Boddynock wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:39 pm
Unfortunately I did drop the project awhile ago. I have yet to get a copy of the Adventure Edition, so maybe something can be put into the works down the road. I will say the main points that the conversion document covered were racial templates based off the races found in the 3e Campaign Setting book. I hadn't really touched on a lot of custom Edges besides one-or-two Racial edges that I got from feats, such as the Drow's daylight acclimation feat that became a racial edge.
I recently-ish bought into Savage Worlds, I'd love to check out your conversion, Boddynock. Is there a place where it is still hosted?

Return to “Forgotten Realms”