[Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide] What do you hate/like/love?

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

[Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide] What do you hate/like/love?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:15 pm

I have the book, but haven't spent a lot of time with it. For those of you that have it and have read a good portion of it, what are your thoughts on it? What do you hate about it? What do you like about it? What do you love about it? What would you change? Anything you read that you wish had been worded differently?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide] What do you hate/like/l

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:09 pm

There is a topic for the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide that was posted back in 2015. There are a few opinions in there that might help. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Originally I was disappointed since I was hoping for WotC to release proper setting books. On the other hand the SCA did provide an introduction to the Forgotten Realms for the 5th Edition more than any other book we have so far. I bought it mostly for the new race and class options found inside.

With Xanthar's Guide out though, it might make the SCA less useful for those only interested in the rules parts of the book?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Big Mac wrote:There is a topic for the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide that was posted back in 2015. There are a few opinions in there that might help. :)
Thanks, Big Mac! I'll definitely check that out more sooner than later! :cool:
Havard wrote:With Xanthar's Guide out though, it might make the SCA less useful for those only interested in the rules parts of the book?
Hmm...interesting. I'm really excited for XGTE, I'll definitely be comparing the two books.

Return to “Forgotten Realms”