Sources material for Damara

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
zontoxira
Bugbear

Sources material for Damara

Post by zontoxira » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:47 pm

I was planning on running a series of adventures set in Damara, where the characters face backstabbing politics, blood feuds, tyrannical rule and the ever-present threat of banditry and monsters, and so I'm digging through my archives (and some of my friends') to find out material for Damara. So far, I've noted down the Bloodstone Lands, and the four adventures that accompany it from 2e, the FR Campaign Setting 3e and its 4e counterpart. As for 5e, SCAG mentions the Cold Lands in a small paragraph. I was looking for any loose articles from Dragon, Dungeon adventures, and any accessory that makes a reference. Anyone of you got any suggestions?
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

Morfie
Metamorph

Re: Sources material for Damara

Post by Morfie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 am

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Damara has a bit of info, and some links to material in the references.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 am

You can also see Piazza's and Candlekeep's user Dazzlerdal's (and others') Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Fan Mag in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12251
Issue 2 and 3 focus on Damara and Vaasa

zontoxira
Bugbear

Post by zontoxira » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 am

Thank you fellas, these look very interesting.
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Post by Zeromaru X » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:43 pm

You can also play the Demon Stone videogame or watch a playthrough, as part of the game happens in Damara. Also, there is some info on Damara in Dragons of Faerun.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:You can also play the Demon Stone videogame or watch a playthrough, as part of the game happens in Damara.
Is there a good Let's Play for that that showcases the area?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Zeromaru X wrote:You can also play the Demon Stone videogame or watch a playthrough, as part of the game happens in Damara.
Is there a good Let's Play for that that showcases the area?
Here's a playlist of the complete game.

Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Post by Zeromaru X » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 am

You win this time, Angel (?) XDD

Its a shame that the game is non-canonical, because I really liked those characters, and I liked the ending of the protagonist becoming rulers in the end. If I ever play in Damara and Vaasa, in my Realms that game will be canonical.
Last edited by Zeromaru X on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:04 am

Zeromaru X wrote:You win this time, Angel (?) XDD
:lol: I've never heard of the game until today, I am definitely going to have to watch the LP at some point.

zontoxira
Bugbear

Post by zontoxira » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 am

Aha! I once wanted to try this game but when I learnt it had (almost) nothing to do with D&D rules and you couldn't roll your own character, I quickly dismissed it.
---
---

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm

zontoxira wrote:Aha! I once wanted to try this game but when I learnt it had (almost) nothing to do with D&D rules and you couldn't roll your own character, I quickly dismissed it.
Isn't that often the case with most video games based on D&D material?

zontoxira
Bugbear

Post by zontoxira » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
zontoxira wrote:Aha! I once wanted to try this game but when I learnt it had (almost) nothing to do with D&D rules and you couldn't roll your own character, I quickly dismissed it.
Isn't that often the case with most video games based on D&D material?
Sadly, that's true. I had high hopes for Sword Coast Legends, but it was a major letdown.
---
---

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:30 pm

zontoxira wrote:Sadly, that's true. I had high hopes for Sword Coast Legends, but it was a major letdown.
That is another one I would like to play, but not yet had the opportunity to. I'll be getting a new computer next year as the one I am using now is pushing 10 years old. I'll definitely need to play these older games by getting them off of Steam.

Return to “Forgotten Realms”