Return to Undermountain

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Undermountain

Post by Big Mac » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:44 am

I just found a series of articles called Return to Undermountain Archive on the WotC website. They date back from 2005-2006. Here is the blurb:
Wizards of the Coast wrote:Undermountain, often called the "deepest dungeon of them all," has tempted countless adventurers to delve into its depths. Revisit this famous site in a new series of articles that revamps the area for you.
RETURN TO UNDERMOUNTAIN ARCHIVE: There is also this article reference map, that shows where all the above rooms are located within Undermountain.

I'm quite interested in Undermountain (partly because of Undermountain: Stardock having a Spelljammer connection) so I need to skim through these 24 articles to see how they fit in with other Undermountain products.

Has anyone used this stuff?
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Re: Return to Undermountain

Post by ghendar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 am

I remember looking at this back in the 3e days. I suppose I should revisit them for ideas and to strip out the 3e elements
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 pm

ghendar wrote:I remember looking at this back in the 3e days. I suppose I should revisit them for ideas and to strip out the 3e elements
I'm still going through this stuff, but I don't think it would be too hard to retro-convert it to 2e or 1e. It would mostly be a matter or swapping out monsters.

The map collection alone would be useful.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:33 pm

I agree. Shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming.

As an aside, Ed Greenwood's FR articles a good resource as well. I particularly enjoyed his Border Kingdoms articles

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:55 am

ghendar wrote:I agree. Shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming.
Yep. I'm still doing it. :P
ghendar wrote:As an aside, Ed Greenwood's FR articles a good resource as well. I particularly enjoyed his Border Kingdoms articles
That really needs it's own topic. :)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Big Mac wrote:
ghendar wrote:I agree. Shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming.
Yep. I'm still doing it. :P
i'm finally finished. I didn't realise that The Dragon's Legacy was a Web Enhancement, for Return to Undermountain.

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Discussion of other Undermountain products moved to another topic, called: Undermountain: A Forgotten Realms Megadungeon

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Kudos to Big Mac for compiling all this info :D

Return to “Forgotten Realms”