[Adventurers Guild] Moonshae Isles Regional Guide (Print Product)

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Adventurers Guild] Moonshae Isles Regional Guide (Print Product)

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Moonshae Isles Regional Guide?
Return to Where the Forgotten Realms Began!

Discover the mythic Moonshae Isles, the first published region of the Forgotten Realms. Now you can walk in the footsteps of Tristan and Robyn, sail the straits in dragon-head longships, look deep into the moonwells of the Earthmother, and feel the fury of Kazgoroth the Beast!

The Moonshaes Regional Guide is intended for use with Moonshae adventures published by Baldman Games for the Adventurers League. However, this guide can be used for Forgotten Realms games separate from the Adventures League or even for Celtic-inspired fantasy games outside the Realms!

This product includes:

Foreword by Douglas Niles, creator of the Moonshaes
An overview of the history, cultures, powers, and deities of the Moonshaes
A tour of the many islands of the Moonshaes
New player options including names, trinkets, and seven new backgrounds
New player organizations for your characters to join
Map of the Moonshaes by expert cartographer Mike Schley
Themed adventure logsheet for BMG’s Moonshae adventures
Cover by Emily Fiegenshuh. Interior Art by Sarah Shaw. Maps by Michael Schley

About Baldman Games

Baldman Games are gamers, DMs, and writers, who love D&D. We’ve been running shows since 2001 starting with small regional shows in NE Ohio (All Americon & MVC) and grew quickly to adding Origins in 2004 and Winter Fantasy/DDXP & Gencon in 2005. We added organized play to our plate in 2011 with Ashes of Athas – our in-house Dark Sun campaign. In 2014 we added PAX Prime to our plate and have expanded upon that in 2015. And in 2018, we introduced Season of the Rising Shadows for the Adventurer’s League, a series of adventurers set in the Moonshae Islands.
This is the second POD product from the Adventurers Guide that I have seen. The Foreword by Doug Niles lends the book legitimacy. Does anyone know more about Baldman Games?

Has anyone picked up this book yet?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

dazzlerdal
Hobgoblin

Re: [Adventurers Guild] Moonshae Isles Regional Guide (Print Product)

Post by dazzlerdal » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 pm

I have a copy. If you like 5e then this compiles all the lore for the Moonshaes into a single resource with a few other updates to older lore.
It wasn't for me, mostly because I don't like 5e and there was no new lore that I was excited about.
Looks good, reads well, nicely constructed and lots of stuff to read, but like all 5e stuff it's a bit lacklustre for realms enthusiasts and old grognards

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Baldman Games did something similar with another campaign setting (Dark Sun, I think) some time ago.

They put all the files up on their website, so that people who didn't play at the conventions could use the campaign late.

I thought that was really good of them. (I hate it when D&D campaigns have a built-in self-destruct mechanism.)

If DMs Guild means that Baldman Games can now go a bit further and hire people like Douglas Niles and make things they use at conventions into Print on Demand products, that can only be a good thing.

<thinks>I wonder if anyone at Baldman Games would like to run a D&D Adventurer's League session set in the Tears of Selûne.</thinks> :?:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm

dazzlerdal wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 pm
I have a copy. If you like 5e then this compiles all the lore for the Moonshaes into a single resource with a few other updates to older lore.
It wasn't for me, mostly because I don't like 5e and there was no new lore that I was excited about.
Looks good, reads well, nicely constructed and lots of stuff to read, but like all 5e stuff it's a bit lacklustre for realms enthusiasts and old grognards
Thanks for sharing! Does this book update the setting info to the current 5E era of the setting?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 am

Havard wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm
Thanks for sharing! Does this book update the setting info to the current 5E era of the setting?
I remember hearing Shawn Merwin talk about this on the Down with D&D podcast a while back. I'll ping him on Twitter to see if I can get an answer.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:04 am

Shawn Merwin replied on Twitter:
Shawn Merwin wrote: yes, it provides a bridge between original lore and 5e rules.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:04 am
Shawn Merwin replied on Twitter:
Shawn Merwin wrote: yes, it provides a bridge between original lore and 5e rules.
Do we know what year it is set in?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Havard wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:58 pm
Do we know what year it is set in?
Since there seemed to be a fair amount of interest, I went ahead and bought this. The supplement regularly uses the terminology "in recent years" rather than providing recent dates in Dale Reckoning. Past dates are, however, given in DR, but I didn't see any precision when providing the timing between those older events and the current point in the timeline.

I don't recall the WotC 5e adventures providing the current date either, however. I think this is intentional, so that there isn't a canonical metaplot. Instead, you can run any of the 5e adventures in any order you like, and it wouldn't be "wrong" from a timeline standpoint.

Return to “Forgotten Realms”