Myths from a Flipped Faerun

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Skunkheart et alia
Goblin

Myths from a Flipped Faerun

Post by Skunkheart et alia »

A thread from RPGnet got me thinking about what a Flipped Faerun would look like ~ a Faerun in which the gods had directly opposite alignments from standard Faerun (CG=>LE, LN=>CN, etc.) So I started by writing a little bit about the House of Nature, home to two of my favorite gods ~ Lurue and Eldath. Check it out over on my blog and lemme know what you think?

https://luciferssubcreations.blogspot.c ... art-i.html
either e/em/eir pronouns OR fey/fem/fear OR be/bim/bos pronouns {if you don't want to learn new words, singular they is OK}

Let's Read: Nidal, Land of Shadows ; Playing: Yasath Lasl bes Zettai Mokjirok bes Uten Tenj bes Ankhisset Vej no-Dulanei ta-Zekhimat (NSFW website), an elegant submissive duelist (Actual Play; NSFW VoD; website)

Lucifer's Shards: Sub-Creations Taking Root in Ein Soph Aur {an rpg blog}

Many gods, no masters. Re-enchantment or bust!

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: Myths from a Flipped Faerun

Post by Zeromaru X »

Unther would be a paradise in the flipped world. With two good gods ensuring the prosperity of the land.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

I like the normal Forgotten Realms, but this sounds a bit like the Mirror Mirror universe, from Star Trek.

I bet that some people, with normal Forgotten Realms campaigns, could use your idea as an Alternate Forgotten Realms that is at war with their version.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Skunkheart et alia
Goblin

Post by Skunkheart et alia »

I published some more about a backwards House of Nature on my blog. While the previous installment covered Silvanus's bloodline and the entourages that are involved therewith, this one covers some of the other greater gods (Chauntea, Lathander, Ubtao) as well as a few assorted other gods who make their home in the House (the Cat Lord, Skerrit, Syranita). I'm planning for a part III covering the flipped Deities of Fury ~ enough have been stated in the lore to live with the other nature gods that I'm just gonna fold them in wholly to the House. Not sure what I'll do after that.....

https://luciferssubcreations.blogspot.c ... rt-ii.html
either e/em/eir pronouns OR fey/fem/fear OR be/bim/bos pronouns {if you don't want to learn new words, singular they is OK}

Let's Read: Nidal, Land of Shadows ; Playing: Yasath Lasl bes Zettai Mokjirok bes Uten Tenj bes Ankhisset Vej no-Dulanei ta-Zekhimat (NSFW website), an elegant submissive duelist (Actual Play; NSFW VoD; website)

Lucifer's Shards: Sub-Creations Taking Root in Ein Soph Aur {an rpg blog}

Many gods, no masters. Re-enchantment or bust!

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X »

I feel that the gods of nature are bound to be pretty similar to the corrupt Guardians Anarcrothe, Bane and DeJoule, from Legacy of Kain. In fact, if I ever apply them in my campaign, they would have created something like the Dark Eden.

https://legacyofkain.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Eden

Return to “Forgotten Realms”