Raiding info from Icewind Dale games for tabletop play

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Raiding info from Icewind Dale games for tabletop play

Post by Big Mac »

With Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden being the new D&D book (if the D&D Beyond leak story is to be believed) I was wondering what Icewind Dale was and went searching for topics.

I found a topic called: Icewind Dale, Enhanced, just up on Steam! Out TOMORROW!! and realised this must be one of the D&D computer games.

It looks like AuldDragon has done a Let's Play Icewind Dale series on his YouTube channel, so I could go watch that lot to see what plotlines are in there.

But I was wondering if I could leapfrog that and go look at articles written by Icewind Dale fans.

It looks like there is an Icewind Dale Wiki.

Has anyone tried to mine that for information that can be used in tabletop play?

Are there any memorable places, NPCs or items found in the game, that do not exist in tabletop RPG products that cover the area?

Are there any floorplans in Icewind Dale games? Has anyone put any of them up online (in walkthrough websites). Is there a library of images of Icewind Dale floorplans that can be easily imported for digital tabletop play? Are any locations especially good for using as tabletop battle mats?

I found an in-character book, called Philosophy of Kara-Tur. (I've started a topic for that in the Kara-Tur forum.)

I also found a List of quests. Are any of those quests good for converting into tabletop plots?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Cromstar
Ogre

Re: Raiding info from Icewind Dale games for tabletop play

Post by Cromstar »

Big Mac wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm
With Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden being the new D&D book (if the D&D Beyond leak story is to be believed) I was wondering what Icewind Dale was and went searching for topics.
It is/was a game, but Icewind Dale is also the setting of R. A. Salvatore's *original* Drizzt trilogy of novels (and features in any number of the rest of them), which I think is why there was a game set there I believe?

apotheot
Troll

Re: Raiding info from Icewind Dale games for tabletop play

Post by apotheot »

Big Mac wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm

It looks like there is an Icewind Dale Wiki.

Has anyone tried to mine that for information that can be used in tabletop play?
Mildly. Years ago I drew quite off inspiration from the plot about the antagonistic army, as well as the elven fortress that looks like a hand. I used this site to brainstorm details and plot ideas.
-apotheot

Return to “Forgotten Realms”