[art] The Maelstrom's Eye by Frank Kelly Freas

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

[art] The Maelstrom's Eye by Frank Kelly Freas

Postby Big Mac » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Artmght have a page up that shows Frank Kelly Freas's original painting for The Maelstrom's Eye.

It looks great.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [art] The Maelstrom's Eye by Frank Kelly Freas

Postby GMWestermeyer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:58 am

I love the book, but aside from Gaedrelle Goldring I was never a big fan of the cover. The scro & Teldin seem a bit off.

I wish we could have had a cover with General Vorr on it! :)
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm

GMWestermeyer wrote:I love the book, but aside from Gaedrelle Goldring I was never a big fan of the cover. The scro & Teldin seem a bit off.

I think I would have preferred it if we had had a series of novels by one author with covers by one artist.

GMWestermeyer wrote:I wish we could have had a cover with General Vorr on it! :)

A painting of General Vorr would have been nice. He could have gone onto the front of a Spelljammer: Second Unhuman War boxed set.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Baron » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:18 am

I love Freas' work! I always got a kick out of seeing a mainstream SF or Fantasy artist with work in rpgs.
Baron
Bugbear

Return to Spelljammer