Auld Dragon has a weekly Spelljammer show on Twitch TV

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Auld Dragon has a weekly Spelljammer show on Twitch TV

Postby Big Mac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:06 am

Auld Dragon launched a weekly Spelljammer show earlier today. Here is what Auld Dragon tweeted 6 hours ago:
Auld Dragon on Twitter wrote:Come join the fun with the first session of the #Spelljammer #adnd campaign over on Twitch!

The game is on every Saturday from 12 noon-4pm EST/EDT.

The game features a group of PCs who have been hired to go and locate someone who has gone missing.

The Party consists of:
  • Cadet Higgimus, a giff fighter.
  • Braxon, a human fighter.
  • Yeldin, an elf ranger.
  • Lafdul, an elf mischiefmaker/thief.
  • Xanfyr, a half-elf invoker.
  • Levalithana, an elf wild mage

Here is Auld Dragon's page on Twitch TV, in case you want to watch live.

The shows will be posted on Auld Dragon's YouTube channel later, on his Spelljammer: Adventures in Arcane Space (AD&D 2nd Ed Campaign) playlist, so if you can't watch an episode on Twitch TV, before it comes down have a look there.

If you really like the show, you can chip into Auld Dragon's Patreon page.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Auld Dragon has a weekly Spelljammer show on Twitch TV

Postby Big Mac » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:06 am

Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 am

I watched the first episode live. It was a great session to watch. Auld Dragon seems like a great DM and a pretty solid communicator.

I think a few things could have made the game run more smoothly. For instance, it didn't seem like the DM had access to all the character sheets. That could have made it easier for him to help out players who are less familiar with 2nd Edition.

How many of the players are registered here at The Piazza? I would love it if everyone taking part in the game would post some character info here. Also I would love to see summaries of each session either by the DM or as PC journals.

Overall, a very enjoyable show! :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby eleve » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 am

Levalithana here.
What would you like to know? Auld was ok with us telling our background history to the others so we could post that if you want.
eleve
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Havard wrote:I watched the first episode live. It was a great session to watch. Auld Dragon seems like a great DM and a pretty solid communicator.

I thought he was great. He managed to cope with a number of things going on, without interrupting the flow of the game.

Havard wrote:I think a few things could have made the game run more smoothly. For instance, it didn't seem like the DM had access to all the character sheets. That could have made it easier for him to help out players who are less familiar with 2nd Edition.

He does have access to the character sheets. I was going over mine with him on Roll 20. He assigned it to me (or whatever you call it in Roll 20) and I was trying to fill it in. I've been struggling with my sheet. Roll 20 sheets are not in the order I'm used to (and it's been a while since I've played 2e).

I was running around my house, just before the game, looking for the books from my War Captain's Companion boxed set.

Havard wrote:How many of the players are registered here at The Piazza? I would love it if everyone taking part in the game would post some character info here. Also I would love to see summaries of each session either by the DM or as PC journals.

I'm here. ;)

I play Braxon.

I'm trying to put together a PC journal, but I want to bounce it past Auld Dragon, so he can tweak it, if he needs to.

Havard wrote:Overall, a very enjoyable show! :)

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 pm

eleve wrote:Levalithana here.
What would you like to know? Auld was ok with us telling our background history to the others so we could post that if you want.

Hi eleve!

Welcome to The Piazza! You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, and say "hi" to the community at large, and tell people a bit about yourself and the stuff you like. (And if you have a blog or anything you want to let people know about, you can add a link in your forum signature.)

I thought it was a lot of fun that you picked a Wild Mage. I wanted to play a Wild Mage in my first D&D game, but my GM said I wasn't allowed to, because he didn't own Tome of Magic. I'm waiting for you to get a dodgy Wild Surge result and bring something down on us. (I wonder if there are many anvil's floating around in wildspace. :P )

Have you played a Wild Mage before, or is this the first time for you?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Wildspace: The Spelljammer Fanzine has a story about Auld Dragon's show: Adventures in Arcane Space Spelljammer show launches on Twitch TV.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:47 pm

There is also the second half: Adventures In Arcane Space - AD&D 2nd Edition Spelljammer Campaign - Part 1b:

Session 2 starts in just under 3 hours (at 5pm EST). (The link to Auld Dragon's Twitch TV station is in the top post. Log in early, if you don't have an account, so you can talk to everyone else in the chat.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Due to the weirdness of Auld Dragon's state moving from Eastern Standard Time and some other places in the world not moving to summer time yet, Adventures is Arcane Space is going to be on an hour early for some people...and will then go back to the correct time, if they switch to summer time (or won't if they don't).

If you live in the UK or Europe, please look out for the game an hour earlier than the last two weeks.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 am

Braxon just levelled up! :-)

I rolled 5hp. :-D
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sharkbelly » Mon May 22, 2017 10:44 pm

I've been listening to this for a while now. I'm on episode 4 at the moment. Very entertaining!
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby AuldDragon » Wed May 24, 2017 3:03 am

Sharkbelly wrote:I've been listening to this for a while now. I'm on episode 4 at the moment. Very entertaining!

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

Jeff
Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."
AuldDragon
White Dragon

Postby Sharkbelly » Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm on episode 5 now. What is going on with the murders in Bral? Can't wait to find out.
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby Sharkbelly » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:49 am

So that was it! I won't spoil it, but I did not see that coming.

The conversation on holy water and weapons in episode 7 made me think of the clay bulb arrows from Oriental Adventures...
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby AuldDragon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:52 am

Sharkbelly wrote:So that was it! I won't spoil it, but I did not see that coming.

I'm having a lot of fun surprising the players. :D

Jeff
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."
AuldDragon
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Sharkbelly wrote:I've been listening to this for a while now. I'm on episode 4 at the moment. Very entertaining!

I'm glad you like Auld's show. I find the game very entertaining too. There is usually at least one thing that makes me burst out laughing every week. :lol:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Sharkbelly wrote:I'm on episode 5 now. What is going on with the murders in Bral? Can't wait to find out.

I was wondering what that was. We came up with a cunning plan to try to catch them out, but things didn't quite work out the way we expected them to.

Sharkbelly wrote:So that was it! I won't spoil it, but I did not see that coming.

I didn't see it coming either. (Well Braxon did, out of the corner of his eye! :lol: )

Sharkbelly wrote:The conversation on holy water and weapons in episode 7 made me think of the clay bulb arrows from Oriental Adventures...

Hmm. There is a Shou community on The Rock. Maybe they have some of those clay bulb arrows. :)

I wonder how long it is going to take you to catch up to us.

I don't know what part of the world you live in, but if you catch us up and are awake at the same time we play, it would be great to see you over in the Twitch chatroom that runs next to the game.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sharkbelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 am

I'm on session 9 now.

"Everything is fair in combat."
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Sharkbelly wrote:I'm on session 9 now.

"Everything is fair in combat."

You have three sessions to go before the session where my laptop blew up 1 minute before the start of the game. :o

It's kind of strange (in an amusing way) that you found AuldDragon's show and AuldDragon separately saw your Giff miniature and told the person who plays Higgimus about it. That's like a circle of coolness! :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sharkbelly » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 pm

When do you guys play? I'm back in the U.S. for the summer.
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby AuldDragon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Sharkbelly wrote:When do you guys play? I'm back in the U.S. for the summer.

Noon Eastern (5pm UK/9am Pacific) and we usually play for four hours.
If you have a Twitch account, you can follow my channel to get an email alert when we go live:
http://www.twitch.tv/aulddragon/

Jeff
AuldDragon
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 am

AuldDragon wrote:
Sharkbelly wrote:When do you guys play? I'm back in the U.S. for the summer.

Noon Eastern (5pm UK/9am Pacific) and we usually play for four hours.
If you have a Twitch account, you can follow my channel to get an email alert when we go live:
http://www.twitch.tv/aulddragon/

If you don't have a Twitch account, you might want to set up one ahead of time, as it will allow you to chat to the players and Auld (and anyone else who is watching) in real time.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sharkbelly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:26 am

Unfortunately, I fell behind a bit over the summer. :-(

I've skipped ahead now and am enjoying episodes 18 and 19. The image of chasing the Hummerfly across the rooftops is pretty cool.

At the risk of a spoiler, what happened to Xanfyr?
Sharkbelly
Orc

Postby AuldDragon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:30 am

Sharkbelly wrote:Unfortunately, I fell behind a bit over the summer. :-(

I've skipped ahead now and am enjoying episodes 18 and 19. The image of chasing the Hummerfly across the rooftops is pretty cool.

At the risk of a spoiler, what happened to Xanfyr?

He retired from the party; he felt his inexperience with magic was what harmed the party, so he is studying with the wizard's guild on Bral before setting off on his own to find his way home.

Jeff
AuldDragon
White Dragon

Postby Sharkbelly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:04 am

And now Ockar wants to take on eight thugs! Oh no!
Sharkbelly
Orc

Next

Return to Spelljammer