[Bralspace][Spiralspace] Barrios of Bral

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: night_druid, Big Mac

[Bralspace][Spiralspace] Barrios of Bral

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 am

The Rock of Bral has 30 councilors, each of whom is appointed to represent one of the barrios (or neighbourhoods) of The Rock.

Has anyone seen any sort of information about one or more of these barrios?

Has anyone ever made a fanon map of them?

EDIT: I'll add a list of the known barrios:

BARRIOS OF BRAL:
  • The Burrows (SJR5 pag 66) - Councilman not known
  • The Dwarven District (SJR5 page 65) - Councilman not known
  • Gifftown (SJR5 pag 66) - Councilman not known
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Bralspace][Spiralspace] Barrios of Bral

Postby GMWestermeyer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:58 pm

There is a map floating around, I think. I've done some minor development. one of the players in my Jammers game developed one, Kayanerenh Manito, a very small barrio in the low city where those from various 'Native American' style culture tend to congregate. Another of my players developed Gifftown, and I've done a little work on the Dwarven and Shou barrios.
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:14 am

GMWestermeyer wrote:There is a map floating around, I think. I've done some minor development. one of the players in my Jammers game developed one, Kayanerenh Manito, a very small barrio in the low city where those from various 'Native American' style culture tend to congregate. Another of my players developed Gifftown, and I've done a little work on the Dwarven and Shou barrios.

Do you think that barrios would only exist in the Low City, Paul?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby GMWestermeyer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Big Mac wrote:
GMWestermeyer wrote:There is a map floating around, I think. I've done some minor development. one of the players in my Jammers game developed one, Kayanerenh Manito, a very small barrio in the low city where those from various 'Native American' style culture tend to congregate. Another of my players developed Gifftown, and I've done a little work on the Dwarven and Shou barrios.

Do you think that barrios would only exist in the Low City, Paul?

Well, all of the official ones do. The Elven Forest is between the Middle & High Cities, but it isn't really a barrio.

I think the Low City is the natural place for them, sure... but both the Halfling and dwarven districts are almost Middle City, and are prosperous.

In any case, I'd keep the # of barrios down. The only one that isn't in the official books, but which makes sense to me, is a goblinoid barrio.
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Postby GMWestermeyer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Big Mac wrote:
EDIT: I'll add a list of the known barrios:

BARRIOS OF BRAL:
  • The Burrows (SJR5 pag 66) - Councilman not known
  • The Dwarven District (SJR5 page 65) - Councilman not known
  • Gifftown (SJR5 pag 66) - Councilman not known

Dracon-town (SJR5 pag 75) - Councilman Stakahlla

Shoutown (SJR5 pag 73) - Councilman not known

I did this chart long ago, it might be useful. (link to chart below) if anyone can figure out how to post images to this please feel free to post it here

It is not quite as complete as I would do it today. The Council of the City, for example, also has guild members, including the shipwrights, and merchant and noble representatives. The Council of the City is described on pages 9-10 & 70 of SJR5.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1798798116816787&set=gm.10155703109614449&type=3&theater&ifg=1
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Return to Spelljammer