So what I would like is for someone to make a picture of a Giff that can be uploaded to Wikipedia and incorporated into the Giff article. It doesn't need to be very pretty. Have a look at the quality of the Beholder artwork and you will see what I mean.
Beholder image from Wikipedia
I have uploaded a couple of Spelljammer images to Wikipedia before, but because I didn't "fill out the paperwork correctly" they got pulled off of the article I added them to and deleted. If you have a look at the page that the Beholder artwork lives on, you will see that it explains why it is "allowed to be on Wikipedia". I don't want to be accidentally breaking one of those rules (again) and then coming back here to ask for another picture. So just to be on the safe side before anyone does any work, this article needs:
- Totally original artwork - so no grabbing TSR pictures (or anybody else's SJ fan artwork for that matter) - and tracing outlines from someone else's artwork is also probably bad
- Artwork that is freely given to Wikipedia for any purpose - Wikipedia is published under the GNU Free Documentation License and anything uploaded to it can be copied and used elsewhere (under that licence).
Here is what the article needs from a creative point of view:
- Wikipedia is for non-D&D fans, so we need something that anyone without D&D knowledge can understand,
- I think we need a full length illustration, rather than a headshot (because that people need to be shown what the entire shape of a giff is and
- The giff are known for their association with weapons, so a giff holding a weapon (or maybe even a gun) might show the stereotype.
Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.