[Greyspace] Iggwilv has a base on Luna (Raenei)!

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: night_druid, Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Greyspace] Iggwilv has a base on Luna (Raenei)!

Post by Big Mac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 am

I just found out something as amazing as when I found out that the Dragonlance novel Darkness and Light featured a trip to Lunitari (and some "secondary Spelljammer canon" in the Dragonlance canon). Grodog just posted this, in reply to my [Greyhawk-lite][Greyspace-lite] Monsters of the Moon topic:
grodog wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I just stumbled onto a series of four Random Encounters articles, called Monsters of the Moon that were pretty hidden on the WotC website (only the first one was listed - I had to find the other three via Google). They don't give a setting, so I'm assuming it's a core-3e (and therefore implied Greyhawk) thing. (That means I'm also assuming that any moon connection would be one of Oerth's two moons).
Thanks for the pointers---the moons have held my interest since Iggwilv's moon base appears in passing in Return of the Eight.
I checked the DMs Guild page for Greyhawk: Return of the Eight and it's not on Print on Demand yet. So I'll have to wait...or buy a second-hand copy.

I'm going to put this on my wishlist, but I'd like to know how much there is about Iggwilv's moon base in the book.

I'd also like to know if there is any other material that can tell me about this base in particular or other places where Iggwilv has built any sort of complex. Do we know what sort of minions normally work for Iggwilv?

Which of Oerth's two moons is this base on? How do you think the base might fit in with things mentioned in SJR6 Greyspace?

EDIT: Topic title changed, as Ripvanwormer has confirmed that the base is on Luna (Raenei).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [Greyspace] Iggwilv has a base on Luna (Raenei)!

Post by ripvanwormer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 am

It's on Luna (Raenei). Iggwilv is served by demons and yugoloths. There's a list of her many servants and homes here:
http://thecampaign20xx.blogspot.com/201 ... witch.html

Return of the Eight includes some information on Luna in general. It's very compatible with the information in Greyspace.

GMWestermeyer
Stone Giant

Re: [Greyspace] Iggwilv has a base on Luna (Raenei)!

Post by GMWestermeyer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 pm

That blog covers pretty much all of it. I'm including the aborted invasion from Luna in the next edition of my SJ Chronology.

Return to “Spelljammer”