Has anyone fixed the Octopus deckplans?

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Has anyone fixed the Octopus deckplans?

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm

The Octopus, from The Legend of Spelljammer has errors on the deckplans:

The Crows Deck and the Main Deck both have notes on them saying they are reverse-gravity decks, but it's actually the Lower Deck and Steerage Deck that are reverse-gravity decks.

Has anyone ever cleaned up the deckplan to remove that mistake?

Also, has anyone ever added in the weapon platforms for the 2 heavy catapults and 2 heavy balistas?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: Has anyone fixed the Octopus deckplans?

Post by night_druid » Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 pm

The weapons are the the tentacles. The catapults are on the lower tentacles, the ballistae on the ones that sweep upwards into platforms.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

GMWestermeyer
Stone Giant

Post by GMWestermeyer » Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm

night_druid wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 pm
The weapons are the the tentacles. The catapults are on the lower tentacles, the ballistae on the ones that sweep upwards into platforms.
Nightdruid is correct, in this case the image is key.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100219379 ... ed-public/

In the Jammers' Campaign the players are on their third ship, an Octopus. I don't recall if I fixed the deckplans, if Adam did, or if this one was already correct, but here ya go. :)

(links, because I have no idea how to place images into this damn forum. I keep getting, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct." Bloody technology... )
Last edited by GMWestermeyer on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue May 22, 2018 1:58 pm

GMWestermeyer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm
In the Jammers' Campaign the players are on their third ship, an Octopus. I don't recall if I fixed the deckplans, if Adam did, or if this one was already correct, but here ya go. :)

That's the image I did; largely done to correct a few issues with the deckplans, primarily to fix some spots where space was utterly wasted and enlarge a few rooms in the process.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

GMWestermeyer
Stone Giant

Post by GMWestermeyer » Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm

night_druid wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:58 pm
GMWestermeyer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm
That's the image I did; largely done to correct a few issues with the deckplans, primarily to fix some spots where space was utterly wasted and enlarge a few rooms in the process.
[/quote]

That's right. :)
Last edited by GMWestermeyer on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks Paul/Night Druid.

Out of interest, have you got any documentation on your variant Octopus, Night Druid?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Spelljammer”