[HackJammer] Official Q&A Thread

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Re: [HackJammer] Official Q&A Thread

Post by Azaghal » Sun May 30, 2010 1:09 am

Brains not heads! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

Thenightgaunt
Orc

Post by Thenightgaunt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 am

GMWestermeyer wrote: I know I'm replying late, sorry!

I have to admit, my Hackjammer goals were not primarily within Hackspace, so this didn't matter to me much. I'm a huge KODT fan, and to be honest, if I were the Kenzerco folks I would have rejected the Hackjammer idea because of the contraditcion with Spelljammer. I didn't want Hackjammer damaging Garweeze Wurld.

When HJ seemed like a real possibility I was really swamped with real life, so Rian and Nightdruid did most of the work. I just worked on a few areas I cared most about. Combat and travel times, siege weaponry, and some added magic items. I think Adam and Rian did a bang up job with the rest!

Anyway, so I just treat Hackspace as another sphere. Since my home sphere is Bralspace, I just use the various concepts of Hackspace the same way I would groups from Greyspace or Realmspace.
The whole project came out fantastic, and its cool to know who worked on what. I'd even like to know more about what area's got split between Rian and Nightdruid.

GMWestermeyer
Stone Giant

Post by GMWestermeyer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am

Thenightgaunt wrote:
GMWestermeyer wrote: I know I'm replying late, sorry!

I have to admit, my Hackjammer goals were not primarily within Hackspace, so this didn't matter to me much. I'm a huge KODT fan, and to be honest, if I were the Kenzerco folks I would have rejected the Hackjammer idea because of the contraditcion with Spelljammer. I didn't want Hackjammer damaging Garweeze Wurld.

When HJ seemed like a real possibility I was really swamped with real life, so Rian and Nightdruid did most of the work. I just worked on a few areas I cared most about. Combat and travel times, siege weaponry, and some added magic items. I think Adam and Rian did a bang up job with the rest!

Anyway, so I just treat Hackspace as another sphere. Since my home sphere is Bralspace, I just use the various concepts of Hackspace the same way I would groups from Greyspace or Realmspace.
The whole project came out fantastic, and its cool to know who worked on what. I'd even like to know more about what area's got split between Rian and Nightdruid.
I think it is fair to say Nightdruid deserves the lion's share of the credit, he really pushed the product and saw it through. He impressed the hell out of me on it. He would know the split between him and Whalejudge better then I.

edit: the nature of how we worked on it was Whalejudge and I would give our work to Nightdruid who complied it and added his own. I saw very little of whalejudge's raw work, Nightdruid was the 'hub.' But I'm sure whalejudge more than pulled his weight. I just stayed in my wheel house and so I was never paying too much attention to what stuff he worked on and what stuff Nightdruid did.

edit2: Thank you, btw, very glad you like it. :)

Return to “Spelljammer”