New Campaign

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: night_druid, Big Mac

Halvor
Goblin

New Campaign

Post by Halvor » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am

I am starting a new campaign on roll20 soon. The backdrop drop to the campaign is that the players are groundlings kidnapped by the Neogi from one or more planets in the same sphere or possibly different spheres. The Neogi ship encountered a patrol from the IEN and as a result of the fight that breaks out crash landed on Cerilia. The players and maybe a few NPC are the only survivors of the wreck. The first few sessions will largely be about surviving what is attracted to the wreckage and reaching a friendly form of civilization. Though I expect that at some point the party will seek out a way to return to the stars in order to find their homeworlds.

Are there any Spelljammer/Birthright crossover materials out there canon or homebrew that anyone is aware?

NPCDave
Stone Giant

Re: New Campaign

Post by NPCDave » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:41 am

Nothing official was produced, the campaigns were never in print at the same time.

Unofficially you can start here
viewtopic.php?t=10236

and here
http://www.birthright.net/forums/showth ... ting/page2

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

Halvor wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am
I am starting a new campaign on roll20 soon. The backdrop drop to the campaign is that the players are groundlings kidnapped by the Neogi from one or more planets in the same sphere or possibly different spheres. The Neogi ship encountered a patrol from the IEN and as a result of the fight that breaks out crash landed on Cerilia. The players and maybe a few NPC are the only survivors of the wreck. The first few sessions will largely be about surviving what is attracted to the wreckage and reaching a friendly form of civilization. Though I expect that at some point the party will seek out a way to return to the stars in order to find their homeworlds.

Are there any Spelljammer/Birthright crossover materials out there canon or homebrew that anyone is aware?
I asked Richard Baker if he included any Spelljammer elements in Birthright and he was kind enough to post his thoughts:
Richard Baker on Facebook wrote:Keeping in mind that Birthright was a LONG time ago . . . no, I don't think I did. The high-fantasy feel of Spelljammer isn't really a natural fit for the more grounded (so to speak) Birthright setting. But the best mash-ups come from seemingly unrelated ideas, so I bet you could do some fun things with this. Asteroid kingdoms FTW.
So it looks like you need to find fanon material. Here are a couple of previous topics that might help: Good luck!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

mibagents
Goblin

Post by mibagents » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 am

Got enough players? You probably do, I just have to ask b/c I never get to PLAY spelljammer, I always have to DM. Good luck with the game, will you stream it?

Lord Torath
Troll

Post by Lord Torath » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 pm

If you are still looking, just let us know where, when, and what kind of characters are allowed!

Halvor
Goblin

Post by Halvor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 am

mibagents wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 am
Got enough players? You probably do, I just have to ask b/c I never get to PLAY spelljammer, I always have to DM. Good luck with the game, will you stream it?
I think we are set playerwise, but we will see. I only know a couple of the players from other campaigns. If you use roll20 alot you have probably noticed that people do sign up for campaigns and then ghost them sometimes. That part of the reason I am going to try to run with a party of 7 to start, instead of the normal 5 or 6 player group size. 7 gives me a bit of wiggle room if someone no shows. So far I have a Deep Gnome Breach Gnome Fighter, an Invoker with the Wu jen kit, a 1/2 elf thief/bard, a Sun Elf Fighter/Mage, a Gray Elf Wizard, a Dwarf Crusader, and someone that has not started his character sheet.

There is still a lot of time till July 6th though. Ill touch base with everyone signed up a few day before session 1. If we get another open space ill advertise it.

I have never streamed a game. I did not really consider it before you asked. Long term I dont know, short term its been years since I ran a game so I dont know if streaming is a good idea till I have gotten the rust off my DM screen and gotten comfortable with the DM side of roll20.

Return to “Spelljammer”