[Krynnspace] DLE3 Dragon Keep and Lunitari

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Krynnspace] DLE3 Dragon Keep and Lunitari

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 pm

Dragonlance's DLE trilogy ends with DLE3 Dragon Keep by Rick Swan.

I've heard that some Dragonlance fans say they say they consider this adventure non-canon because there are some sort of mistakes in it...

...but...

...it has a section set on Lunitari! :cool:

I've also heard that there are some conflicts with the canon in the novel Darkness and Light, which is also set partly on Lunitari.

So, I'd like to look at the DLE3 Dragon Keep to see how the section, the entire adventure module and the DLE trilogy can fit in with Spelljammer and Krynnspace.

I've got three questions I am most interested in:
  • What Lunitari canon does DLE3 provide that can be used in an ongoing Krynnspace campaign?,
  • What sort of conflicts are there with other Lunitari sources and what ideas do you have for getting different sources to fit together? and
  • Is there a way to change the DLE trilogy into a series of Krynnspace adventures that end up with a trip to Lunitari? I think I'll bump the "Would the DLE modules work better in Krynnspace?" and use that for discussing this.
I bought DLE3 a few years ago, but have barely skimmed through it, so if anyone knows this book better than me, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

OTHER LUNITARI TOPICS:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [Krynnspace] DLE3 Dragon Keep and Lunitari

Post by ripvanwormer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:35 am

Unfortunately, I haven't read Darkness and Light nor have I run DLE3. So I can't help you there.

I have looked at the Lexicon article on the Lunitari moon, but there's not a lot there to address your questions.

You may ask in the Dragonlance Adventures FB group.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks. I'll get those added to the bottom of the first post, as "additional reading".
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:25 am

Dragonhelm wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:35 am
Unfortunately, I haven't read Darkness and Light nor have I run DLE3. So I can't help you there.
That surprises me. These sources of canon on Lunitari seem to get overlooked by most people. I thought you might be curious enough to read them, because they are crossover content for Dragonlance and Spelljammer.

I would have loved to have heard your take on the ecology of Lunitari that DLE3 establishes.

Oh well, never mind, when I next get time, I'll have a look at some of the individual facts about Lunitari and see how well they fit the vibe of both Dragonlance and Spelljammer.
Dragonhelm wrote:
I have looked at the Lexicon article on the Lunitari moon, but there's not a lot there to address your questions.
I love the Lexicon, but sadly it doesn't have inline citations like Wikipedia does...which makes it difficult to read up more on an individual bit of information an article throws up.

I actually asked for help with the Lunitari article, back in 2016, but it doesn't look like there is a list of the facts within the article anywhere.

Weldon Chen suggested I look at DLE3 Dragon Keep, but I've discovered since that there are other sources of Lunitari canon. (I'm trying to make a list of everything in my [Krynnspace] Lunitari - Krynn's Moon of Magic topic, so that I can then discuss each source separately and find out what it adds to the mix.)
Dragonhelm wrote:
You may ask in the Dragonlance Adventures FB group.
I might ask there as well. There is also a Spelljammer group on FB. I might also ask in there.

Return to “Spelljammer”