Spelljammer Crystal Spheres

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Spelljammer Crystal Spheres

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:26 am

This thread is a colaborative project to make a list of all known SJ crystal spheres and their sources. I'm going to divide this into five sections:
I will be searching through my own links and editing this post to add information. If you have any links please feel free to add them to the end of this thread and I will update this post and the following four posts when I have time.

THE RADIANT TRIANGLE CRYSTAL SPHERES:

Greyspace: Krynnspace: Realmspace: Key:
CoAS = Concordance of Arcane Space (AD&D Adventures in Wildspace Boxed Set)
LotV = Lorebook of the Void (AD&D Adventures in Wildspace Boxed Set)
{TSR} = TSR
{WotC} = Wizards of the Coast
{BtM} = Beyond the Moons (the official Spelljammer website)
{HB} = Homebrew (any fan content that doesn't originate from Beyond the Moons)
{GHCS} = Greyhawk Campaign Setting material
{DLCS} = Dragonlance Campaign Setting material
{FRCS} = Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting material
{SW} = Spelljammer Wiki (the unofficial wiki of SJ canon)
{GLoG} = The Great Library of Greyhawk (the wiki of GH canon)
{DL} = Dragonlance Lexicon (the online encyclopedia of DL canon)
{FRW} = Forgotten Realms Wiki (the wiki of FR canon)

LAST EDIT 19 Apr 2013: Links to master-threads for Greyspace, Realmspace and Krynnspace added.
Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Spelljammer Crystal Spheres

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 am

This thread is a colaborative project to make a list of all known SJ crystal spheres and their sources. I'm going to divide this into five sections:
I will be searching through my own links and editing this post to add information. If you have any links please feel free to add them to the end of this thread and I will update the first post, this post and the following three posts when I have time.

CRYSTAL SPHERES FROM ORIGINAL SPELLJAMMER PRODUCTS:

Astromundi Cluster, The (aka Clusterspace): C’T’lk’atat: Cloakmaster Cycle - The Ultimate Helm prologue, page 7 {TSR}

Darkspace: SJA3 Crystal Spheres, pages 39-57 {TSR}

The Dead Shell: SJA2 Skull & Crossbows, pages 46-50 {TSR}

Faeriespace: SJA3 - Crystal Spheres, pages 18-27 {TSR}

Fungo: CoAS page 77 {TSR}

Glowrings Sphere: Cloakmaster Cycle - The Maelstrom's Eye, pages 32-33 {TSR}

Greatspace: Golotspace: SJA4 Under the Dark Fist, page 52 {TSR}

Gorthspace: SJA4 Under the Dark Fist, page 52 {TSR}

Heartspace Cloakmaster Cycle - The Broken Sphere, pages 16-106 {TSR}

Key:
CoAS = Concordance of Arcane Space (AD&D Adventures in Wildspace Boxed Set)
TAC = The Astromundi Cluster Boxed Set
{TSR} = TSR
{WotC} = Wizards of the Coast
{BtM} = Beyond the Moons (the official Spelljammer website)
{HB} = Homebrew (any fan content that doesn't originate from Beyond the Moons)
{SW} = Spelljammer Wiki (the unofficial wiki of SJ canon)

LAST EDIT 19 Apr 2013: Link to master-thread for Greatspace added.
Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Bad bbcode fixed
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 am

THIS POST IS RESERVED FOR USEFUL LINKS TO CRYSTAL SPHERES FROM DUNGEON AND DRAGON MAGAZINES.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:48 am

EDIT: THIS POST DUE TO BE REPLACED BY INFORMATION ABOUT HOMEBREW CRYSTAL SPHERES BASED ON OFFICIAL D&D CAMPAIGN SETTINGS.

It is getting late in the UK, so I'm going to give this thread a rest for the night. If you surf over to my Spelljammer links in my sig, you will see that I already have a lot of links to add to this thread. I even intend to add some stuff to the first post. There are things like "Undermountain Stardock" that some people don't know about.

BTW: I intend to mix in links of any D&D edition. If you are part of the SJ community that doesn't like 3rd edition, just ignore the new links and use the old ones. (I'll even come back and update this with 4th edition D&D links when some become available, despite the fact that I want to play with 3.5 edition.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:53 am

EDIT: THIS POST DUE TO BE REPLACED BY INFORMATION ABOUT HOMEBREW CRYSTAL SPHERES THAT ARE NOT BASED ON OFFICIAL D&D MATERIAL.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 am

Big Mac wrote:It is getting late in the UK, so I'm going to give this thread a rest for the night. If you surf over to my Spelljammer links in my sig, you will see that I already have a lot of links to add to this thread. I even intend to add some stuff to the first post. There are things like "Undermountain Stardock" that some people don't know about.

BTW: I intend to mix in links of any D&D edition. If you are part of the SJ community that doesn't like 3rd edition, just ignore the new links and use the old ones. (I'll even come back and update this with 4th edition D&D links when some become available, despite the fact that I want to play with 3.5 edition.)
I'm quoting my own post, as I need to hijack that post to make room for additional information. I've just decided to change the subsections of this list. I'm now thinking of expanding this from three sections into five sections:
  • The Crystal Spheres of the Radiant Triangle (post number 1),
  • Crystal Spheres from other Original Spelljammer Products (post number 2),
  • Crystal Spheres from Dungeon and Dragon Magazines (post number 3),
  • Homebrew Crystal Spheres based on Official D&D Campaign Settings (post number 4) and
  • Homebrew Crystal Spheres that are not based on Official D&D Material (post number 5)
I'll post more information (and links) tommorow.

sciborg2
Goblin

Post by sciborg2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 am

i just wanted to say i really appreciate this.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:42 am

sciborg2 wrote:i just wanted to say i really appreciate this.
Thanks, sciborg2.

I'm going to be very busy for the next few days, but I'll try to get some more stuff added over the weekend. Meanwhiile, you can surf over to the SJ links in my signature and click on the Spelljammer Settings link, to see some of the many homebrew crystal spheres I've indexed over the years.

When I get this done, I might try to do another index. I haven't decided what sort of index yet. (I need these indexes myself, so might as well put them somewhere other people can see them.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:35 pm

Update: Additional Krynnspace and Realmspace links (Dragonlance Nexus and TSR downloads) added to first post.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Update: Guide to the Spheres [pdf] published on Beyond the Moons.

This should make this a bit easier.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Update: Spelljammer Wiki links added to first two posts.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:27 am

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks ripvanwormer. 8-)

I've also stuck in the Realmspace article on Forgotten Realms Wiki. Sadly Dragonlance Lexicon doesn't have Krynnspace done yet, so I can't complete the big three sources yet.

I know there are a bunch of downloads/pages relevant to Greyspace (including that Gates in the World of Greyhawk one) and I'll have to check through them all to search for any references relevant to space. (I already know that GitWoG has various links to SJ locations.)

Return to “Spelljammer”