[Realmspace][Adventurers Guild] CCC-BMG MOON 1-1: Moonshae Treasure Hunt has SJ content?

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Realmspace][Adventurers Guild] CCC-BMG MOON 1-1: Moonshae Treasure Hunt has SJ content?

Post by Big Mac »

I've just been told by Birmy on RPG Geek that the D&D Adventurer's League adventure CCC-BMG MOON 1-1: Moonshae Treasure Hunt contains Spelljammer content:
Birmy on RPG Geek wrote:I don't know if you wanted to continue the list with Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) releases, but good places to start would be Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Moonshae Treasure Hunt, both of which feature prominent Spelljammer references.
Has anyone played this Baldman Games adventure?

What sort of stuff am I looking at here?

How strong a Spelljammer connection does the adventure provide?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

lookatroopa
Hobgoblin

Re: [Realmspace][Adventurers Guild] CCC-BMG MOON 1-1: Moonshae Treasure Hunt has SJ content?

Post by lookatroopa »

Far as I can tell, the only connection is a giff character called Boris Blutovich, also known as captain Bluto. His backstory does mention a past as an officer on a Bombard (presumably a Great Bombard is meant here), a position from which he's been discharged due to dishonorable behaviour, leading to his exile on Toril. By the time the adventure takes place, Bluto has already built a reputation as a ruthless slavedriver of Silver's Blade, a piratical organization of the Moonshaes led by the eladrin Silver Silwyrt.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Realmspace][Adventurers Guild] CCC-BMG MOON 1-1: Moonshae Treasure Hunt has SJ content?

Post by Big Mac »

lookatroopa wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 am
Far as I can tell, the only connection is a giff character called Boris Blutovich, also known as captain Bluto. His backstory does mention a past as an officer on a Bombard (presumably a Great Bombard is meant here), a position from which he's been discharged due to dishonorable behaviour, leading to his exile on Toril. By the time the adventure takes place, Bluto has already built a reputation as a ruthless slavedriver of Silver's Blade, a piratical organization of the Moonshaes led by the eladrin Silver Silwyrt.
I'd say that would be a Great Bombard too.

The idea of a dishonourable giff being exiled on a groundling world is an interesting one.

It's a good in-character logic to have a spacefaring character in a non-spacefaring environment.

Thanks for your help.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Spelljammer”