Other Spelljammer Websites

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: night_druid, Big Mac

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Other Spelljammer Websites

Post by Ashtagon » Sun May 25, 2008 9:58 am

SPELLJAMMER: FORUMS AND COMMUNITIES: Geocites Links (Presumed Broken/Lost)
"Lost" Sites Hosted by Beyond the Moons
LAST EDIT (by Big Mac 20 Jul 2014): Forums and Communities section created. Existing forums and community links moved into section. Spelljammer forum (at Wizards of the Coast), Spelljammer group on Facebook, Wildspace group on Facebook, Spelljammer group at the Cartographers' Guild, Spelljammer Image Group on Flickr and Spelljammers at deviantArt added.
Last edited by Big Mac on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Re: Other Spelljammer Websites

Post by McDeath » Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 am

I touched upon doing this on the DF site. If you want it in the initial post you did just copy/paste it and it should come out. Alternatively you could let me handle the linkies. :D

SPELLJAMMER:
Realmspace: Geonomicon
Spelljammer: Beyond the Moons
World of Arkaela

MODERATOR EDIT: These links have all been copied into the first post

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Fri May 30, 2008 11:31 pm

Several free Electronic Software Downloads at Wizards of the Coast: Previous Edition downloads
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:14 pm

McDeath wrote:I touched upon doing this on the DF site.
What is the DF site? I'm pretty sure it isn't anything to do with Spelljammer.

You can raid my Yahoo links for Spelljammer websites. See my signature below.

My favorite link (apart from Beyond the Moons) is Shattered Fractine
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Big Mac wrote:What is the DF site? I'm pretty sure it isn't anything to do with Spelljammer.
DF is Dragonsfoot, a forum for talking about TSR era D&D. It is generally more rules oriented than setting oriented though.

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:17 am

Havard wrote:
Big Mac wrote:What is the DF site? I'm pretty sure it isn't anything to do with Spelljammer.
DF is Dragonsfoot, a forum for talking about TSR era D&D. It is generally more rules oriented than setting oriented though.

Havard
Thanks for that. I've actually been there before and seen some interesting things in the non-forum part of the website. (I don't play pre-3rd edition D&D anymore, but I do collect links that I hope will help other D&D players.)

Actually, getting back on topic. I think that if these forums are going to have collections of "useful links" we need to have someone who is willing and able making the first post. (If links are not in the first post they get burried when the thread gets to two or three pages in length.) That person (or a moderator) is going to need to review the links submitted in the thread and add the good ones to the first post.

(BTW: Please do not take this as a criticism of Ashtagon, because as far as I know, nobody has sent a PM asking for the first post to be updated. I'm just proposing a policy for making "special information threads" where a lot of us post things in the thread and one person collates it into the first post. Another alternative would be a locked thread with any chit-chat put into a second, unlocked, thread. I don't mind how Ashtagon wants to do it, as long as things can get found.)

I've got a ton of SJ links (actually I've got half a ton of links for other D&D campaign settings) and am prepared to spend a few hours putting them into BB code, but it isn't worth me doing that if they are going to drop off the first page and never be seen. So I'd like to know if I can do them into dribs and drabs - or if I need to write one long uber-post that takes me an entire evening.

I think that there are all sorts of useful lists that people would enjoy seeing. It would be really great if we could all work together and build them up.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:52 am

Heh, I get so busy with a lot of forums that I often don't get back often enough. The times I really start digging and putting things/links into posts really shows though. I try to update as often as I can so posts that are buried always have a link. Lately, I've been playing with the "Wayback Machine" which is a way to find very old sites that are long gone. If Ashtagon wants to update the initial post all he has to do is quote me to show all the html lingo. Then just cut/copy the entry and go back to his initial post and edit it. Paste the selection he copied earlier makin sure he gets rid of the
mcDeath wrote: and the
. I've done this so much it becomes natural (not that I don't make mistakes. Boy you should see when I'm linking like 40-60+ pictures or something).

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 am

Actually, this stuff is called BB Code rather than HTML, but I get the point.

BTW: You can't quote the quote tags in your post without them turning into quote tags. The only way to do it is to change them so they don't work. So you could have said something like this:
McDeath wrote:Paste the selection he copied earlier makin sure he gets rid of the [*quote="mcDeath"] and the [*/quote]. I've done this so much it becomes natural (not that I don't make mistakes. Boy you should see when I'm linking like 40-60+ pictures or something).
Then you need to say, something that lets people know there isn't actually a "*" in the real BB Code.

If we are going to have threads with links, then we do need someone to reguarly edit the first post and add new links. Links spread through an entire thread are too hard to find. Alternatively people could go to the link in my sig and see my big collection of SJ links! (In my links, the ones with stars around the title are official links, or especially useful links.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Big Mac wrote:I've got a ton of SJ links
Here they are:
Spelljammer Mailing List (SJML) (Official WotC mailing list)
Spelljammer Mailing List FAQ (SJML FAQ/help page at Beyond the Moons)
Shattered Fractine (a leading SJ fansite)
Andy Collins' Spelljammer Project (Official Shadows of the Spider Moon website)
Andy Collins' Spelljammer noticboard (Official Shadows of the Spider Moon forum)
Silverblade's Spelljammer page (3D SJ artwork)

Ahzad Jinsai's Spelljammer Page
Alternative Spelljammer Rules
Arcanum of the Stars (Wayback Machine archive of former SJ to Dragonstar website)
Ariel's Spelljammer Page
Bastion Press's e-Ships (free downloads of ship deckplans from Bastion Press)
DMOZ (Open Directory Project) - Spelljammer (Spelljammer directory)
Daggerdale Wandsmen - Spelljammer Page (Forgotten Realms/Spelljammer page)
Dragon Dreams
Drawing Board, The (Beyond the Moons page for unfinished SJ projects)
Flit's Fantasy and Fiction - Spelljammer
Into the Void (online SJ magazine)
Knightfall's Spelljammer Cosmonomicon (Archived Shadows of the Spider Moon fansite)
Lost Spheres (Beyond the Moons archive of abandoned SJ websites)
Merlin's Tower - Spelljammer
Mike's D&D Spelljammer 3.5
Mike's Spelljammer Campaign (good website with dead links)
Night Druid's Sanctum (list of articles by Night Druid)
Paul's Wildspace Parlor (list of articles by Paul Westermeyer)
Port of Anacostia (Archived copy)
Realmspace: Geonomicon
Return to the Void
Spelljammer 3e Yahoo Group (requires Yahoo ID to post)
Spelljammer Anonymouse
Spelljammer Gone Wild
Spelljammer Webring (not many SJ websites use this)
Spelljammer: Into the Void (not connected to the magazine - requires Yahoo ID to post)
Spike's Hammer
Sunfall - A Spelljammer Novel
The Magical Book of Jordan Silverton (nice website that is ruined by agressive pop-unders and a frameset that stops you reading stuff)
The Moons of Melex
The Rhymechaeld Campaign - Spelljammer Page (Spelljammer campaign around a homebrew world)
Wizards.COMmunity Boards - Spelljammer at the Wayback Machine (Archived versions Wizards of the Coast's Spelljammer messageboard. Useful for finding stuff that vanished in the merger or stuff that was deleted at some point.)
Wolf's Spelljamming Port

There are a couple of other SJ websites, but they are not on my list yet.

MODERATOR EDIT (by me): These links have all been copied into the first post

Maldin
Gnoll

Post by Maldin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

Of course you can't leave out THE place to go for new spelljammer ship models. :D
Maldin's Greyhawk: The ships of Spelljammer

Denis, aka "Maldin"
Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
Loads of edition-independent Greyhawk goodness... maps, magic, mysteries, mechanics, and more!

MODERATOR EDIT: This link has been copied into the first post

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:25 am

BUMP!

Would a moderator make this into a sticky, please?

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Big Mac wrote:BUMP!

Would a moderator make this into a sticky, please?
Looks like they did...;)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:50 pm

night_druid wrote:Looks like they did...;)
Thanks Ashtagon/cab*. Now all we need is for the links to get consolodated and stuck into the first post. When I get time I'll try to collect them all together and tidy them up.

* = Delete as applicable. ;)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Big Mac wrote:
night_druid wrote:Looks like they did...;)
Thanks Ashtagon/cab*. Now all we need is for the links to get consolodated and stuck into the first post. When I get time I'll try to collect them all together and tidy them up.

* = Delete as applicable. ;)
Hey, I'm a moderator! 8-)

OK. I've added the existing links into post number 1. Let me know if I missed any.

(I've got two other folders of SJ links and I'll add them in and reorganise the SJ links when I get time.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Shattered Fractine link updated

Post by Big Mac » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:06 pm

As Shattered Fractine is now offline (and won't be coming back) I've connected up to an archived copy at The Wayback Machine. The Wayback Machine has dozens of copies of Shattered Fractine. The last few don't work properly, but I think I've found one that does. Let me know if you have any problems (and give me the specific URL) and I'll try to find an older copy that works.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before Static has a chance to get Shattered Fractine into the Lost Spheres. When that happens me or another moderator will update the link again.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks for these Blackdaggr. I've got some other links too. I'm going to consolodate them all into a list and add them into post number one.

In the meantime, I'm going to fix the link to Shattered Fractine (so that I can unsticky the message about Shattered Fractine going offline).

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Other Spelljammer Websites - Spelljammer Adventures

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 am

Links to be beautified and added to first post when time permits:

SPELLJAMMER ADVENTURES:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Other Spelljammer Websites - Spelljammer Settings

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Links to be beautified and added to first post when time permits:

SPELLJAMMER SUBSETTINGS:
  • Worlds of Wildspace - A list of crystal spheres, stand-alone locations, moons of the month, location contest entries, phlogiston maps and articles from Beyond the Moons.
    A'Lantaenspace - A setting containing the world of Terrene
  • Aeneaspace - A Spelljammer setting containing the world Aenea. (Its a frame based website so the navigation isn't there. You will have to hack the URL to get to the rest of the site.)
  • Alava (Crystal Sphere) - A Spelljammer crystal sphere containing the world Alava - Published by Spike's Hammer. (Sadly this part of Spike's Hammer seems to be dropping off of the Internet)
  • Aquela Campaign Setting - A world almost entirely covered by ocean.
NOTE TO MODERATORS: This list is not complete.

blackdaggr
Ogre

Post by blackdaggr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Of course... once I announced my pages on here, AOL decided to terminate its web page hosting. Grr... So I moved my pages. For those of you who have linked to my pages, here are the new links:

Main Spelljammer Page:
http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... orlds.html

Gatespace (my primary sphere):
http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html

The satellite spheres of Gatespace:
Chitinspace http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html
Chromaspace http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html
Shamblespace http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html
Splitspace http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html
Windyspace http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... space.html

Trilateral Template (for both 2E and 3E):
http://home.comcast.net/~blackdaggr/DnD ... teral.html

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:21 pm

blackdaggr wrote:Of course... once I announced my pages on here, AOL decided to terminate its web page hosting. Grr... So I moved my pages.
Don't forget that Beyond the Moons provides free hosting for dormant SJ websites in its Lost Spheres section. I think you may be able to get free hosting for active SJ websites too. :idea:

blackdaggr
Ogre

Post by blackdaggr » Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Big Mac wrote:
blackdaggr wrote:Of course... once I announced my pages on here, AOL decided to terminate its web page hosting. Grr... So I moved my pages.
Don't forget that Beyond the Moons provides free hosting for dormant SJ websites in its Lost Spheres section. I think you may be able to get free hosting for active SJ websites too. :idea:
Unfortunately, BtM doesn't seem to update very frequently. I've sent several requests for them to update the links to my spheres (and add the missing ones). Since I am actively adding content, I need to be able to ensure a timely update.

blackdaggr
Ogre

Post by blackdaggr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Moving my pages to their final location. I registered my own domain, so the links below should work from now on.

Main Spelljammer Page:
http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Worlds.html

Gatespace (my primary sphere):
http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Gatespace.html

The satellite spheres of Gatespace:
Chitinspace: http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Chitinspace.html
Chromaspace: http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Chromaspace.html
Shamblespace: http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Shamblespace.html
Splitspace: http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Splitspace.html
Windyspace: http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Wildspace/Windyspace.html

Trilateral Template (for both 2E and 3E):
http://www.ganae.com/DnD/Monsters/Trilateral.html

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:41 pm

blackdaggr wrote:Moving my pages to their final location. I registered my own domain, so the links below should work from now on.
Thanks for setting up the new website. I'll have to grab all your links and put them into the first post (as well as my Yahoo Groups page for crystal spheres.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

I've added the above link to Ash's first post. If you are interested in cartography, why not sign up to the Cartographers' Guild and join this group.

This sticky needs a bit of an overhaul. I'll try to get onto it soon.

Return to “Spelljammer”