Pirates of the Bronze Sky

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

dulsi
Storm Giant

Pirates of the Bronze Sky

Post by dulsi » Mon May 10, 2010 3:15 am

I rarely remove a company from notifying me on drivethrurpg. LPJ is one of the ones I generally ignore because they never interest me. But their latest offering peeked my curiosity. Races of Pirates of the Bronze Sky: Kaylethon seems to be the beginnings of a new line Pirates of the Bronze Sky. The Kaylethon product is free but I haven't read it yet.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Pirates of the Bronze Sky

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Wow! I just had this product pointed out to me on Facebook and have invited Louis Porter Jr of LPJ Design to come over and join The Piazza, so seeing this thread was a bit of a Twilight Zone moment. :lol:

I'll give him the link to your thread, so that he can tell us all more about it.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Silverblade-T-E
Storm Giant

Post by Silverblade-T-E » Mon May 10, 2010 3:24 pm

"4-Armed Scottish Rhinomen" haha Kali meets Giff meets Billy Connolly, how awesome is that? :p
-----------------------------------------------
I'd rather be a Fool who Believes in Dragons,
Than a King who believes in Nothing

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com

Spelljammer is back, oh yeah, BABY! :D

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:08 am

Hi this is Louis Porter Jr. of LPJ Design. Thank you so much for your interest in Pirates of the Bronze Sky. If you want to get an idea of what we are planning with this new Eberron / Spelljammer mash-up inspired setting you might want to check out our blog, In The Mind of A Mad Man, or our Facebook page. We hope to release more products for the setting over the next few month which you can find them at our RPGNow.com webstore. If you have any questions or suggestions for the setting please let me know. Thanks for your support of Pirates of the Bronze Sky.

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks, I just downloaded it. I'll be watching.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 12, 2010 2:32 am

LMPjr007 wrote:Hi this is Louis Porter Jr. of LPJ Design.
Thanks for coming over!
LMPjr007 wrote:Thank you so much for your interest in Pirates of the Bronze Sky. If you want to get an idea of what we are planning with this new Eberron / Spelljammer mash-up inspired setting you might want to check out our blog, In The Mind of A Mad Man, or our Facebook page. We hope to release more products for the setting over the next few month which you can find them at our RPGNow.com webstore.
For some reason, I can't get the Facebook link to work. :?
LMPjr007 wrote:If you have any questions or suggestions for the setting please let me know. Thanks for your support of Pirates of the Bronze Sky.
Well, my first question would be: how easy is it going to be to take Pirates of the Bronze Sky and reconnect it back into a more traditional Spelljammer campaign?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 12, 2010 2:37 am

@Louis Porter Jr.: I've added this thread to the Celebrities on the Piazza thread, so that Havard can include you in his list.

However, I hope you will see other threads in the SJ forum (and other forums) that interest you.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

Big Mac wrote:@Louis Porter Jr.: I've added this thread to the Celebrities on the Piazza thread, so that Havard can include you in his list.
Done :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Big Mac wrote:For some reason, I can't get the Facebook link to work. :?
If that link goes work, just type in "Louis Porter Jr. Design" at Facebook.com and you should be able to get to us. OR you can go by my blog, In the Mind of a Mad Man, and join by the panel on the left side.

LMPjr007 wrote:Well, my first question would be: how easy is it going to be to take Pirates of the Bronze Sky and reconnect it back into a more traditional Spelljammer campaign?
Well since this is a mash up of two RPG setting, Eberron and Spelljammer, it might be "somewhat tough" to use it to play a "straight" Spelljammer game. But fans of Spelljammer will see Pirates of the Bronze Sky and know exactly what things were directly inspired by Spelljammer like the Giff / Kaylethon connection for example.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Besides drawing inspiration from Eberron and Spelljammer, what are the basic premises of the setting? I like the details I have seen so far, but I am wondering what the framework is like...

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Havard wrote:Besides drawing inspiration from Eberron and Spelljammer, what are the basic premises of the setting? I like the details I have seen so far, but I am wondering what the framework is like...
The basis pitch of the setting is...

A RPG version of the American Revolution drawing inspriration from Babylon 5 and Star Wars in a fantasy location with Arcane / Steam / Pulp / Punk influences WITH pirates. Lots of Pirates.

Hope this helps.

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 pm

LPJ: When is it being released, 2010 or 2011?

Everyone else: That is going to be interesting, seeing that we are going to finally be releasing Crystal Spheres in 2011. It along with Pirates of the Bronze Sky is going to make it a red letter year for space type fantasy settings.
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 pm

BPIJonathan wrote:LPJ: When is it being released, 2010 or 2011?
The "plan" is for 2010. But anything could happen. This year it was the birth of my first child. LOL!!!

BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King

Post by BPIJonathan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:27 pm

LMPjr007 wrote:This year it was the birth of my first child. LOL!!!
I know its a little OT, but congratulations.
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 am

LMPjr007 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:For some reason, I can't get the Facebook link to work. :?
If that link goes work, just type in "Louis Porter Jr. Design" at Facebook.com and you should be able to get to us. OR you can go by my blog, In the Mind of a Mad Man, and join by the panel on the left side.
Not got that to work yet. I did find this page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Louis-Por ... 5482803939

But that isn't the same as the sort of thing I've got going for Spelljammer Wiki:
http://www.facebook.com/spelljammer.wiki

It is almost as if I am being blocked. I've seen your personal page.
LMPjr007 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Well, my first question would be: how easy is it going to be to take Pirates of the Bronze Sky and reconnect it back into a more traditional Spelljammer campaign?
Well since this is a mash up of two RPG setting, Eberron and Spelljammer, it might be "somewhat tough" to use it to play a "straight" Spelljammer game. But fans of Spelljammer will see Pirates of the Bronze Sky and know exactly what things were directly inspired by Spelljammer like the Giff / Kaylethon connection for example.
I've speculated over here, that you can get a campaign setting as funky as you like, rule that the funkyness is the result of the local gods and the local laws of nature and use the setting's crystal sphere as a barrier that keeps it mechanically isolated from the rest of the multiverse.

There are a few people out on the Internet, who think that Eberron itself, can somehow be linked up to Spelljammer. If I did buy Pirates of the Bronze Sky, I think I would want to try to do the same thing.
LMPjr007 wrote:
Havard wrote:Besides drawing inspiration from Eberron and Spelljammer, what are the basic premises of the setting? I like the details I have seen so far, but I am wondering what the framework is like...
The basis pitch of the setting is...

A RPG version of the American Revolution drawing inspriration from Babylon 5 and Star Wars in a fantasy location with Arcane / Steam / Pulp / Punk influences WITH pirates. Lots of Pirates.
Looks like that might please the people into the tech stuff.
BPIJonathan wrote:LPJ: When is it being released, 2010 or 2011?

Everyone else: That is going to be interesting, seeing that we are going to finally be releasing Crystal Spheres in 2011. It along with Pirates of the Bronze Sky is going to make it a red letter year for space type fantasy settings.
Stuff to raid for Spelljammer! Om! Nom! Nom!
BPIJonathan wrote:
LMPjr007 wrote:This year it was the birth of my first child. LOL!!!
I know its a little OT, but congratulations.
Congratulations Louis!

@Jonathan: Lets bring this back on topic then. ;)

@Louis: Are you going to do the sort of thing Gary Gygax did and sneak your children and other family into your gameworld?

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Big Mac wrote:@Louis: Are you going to do the sort of thing Gary Gygax did and sneak your children and other family into your gameworld?
NO!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are interested, come take a look at some of the artwork that we have placed up for Pirates of the Bronze Sky at our Facebook account.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon May 17, 2010 2:39 pm

LMPjr007 wrote:If you are interested, come take a look at some of the artwork that we have placed up for Pirates of the Bronze Sky at our Facebook account.
Hmmm...I can't get the link to work?

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Mon May 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Havard wrote:
LMPjr007 wrote:If you are interested, come take a look at some of the artwork that we have placed up for Pirates of the Bronze Sky at our Facebook account.
Must be on your side; I can link just fine. 3 color images, about 5 more B&W, correct?
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Works fine for me, same 3 color and 5 b&w.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

night_druid wrote:
Havard wrote:
Must be on your side; I can link just fine. 3 color images, about 5 more B&W, correct?
Yes that is it. I hope to have the final images up this week with a new free product for people to take a look at.

rol-oeste
Hobgoblin

Post by rol-oeste » Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Havard wrote:

Havard
Not working for me...

rol-oeste :-)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 24, 2010 2:33 am

Havard wrote:
Me neither. It is as if I'm on a block list.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 am

Have you embedded any special applications onto your page, Louis? Maybe I've blocked something that is fundamental to your page.

LMPjr007
Hobgoblin

Post by LMPjr007 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 am

If the link does not work, just go to Facebook and search for Louis Porter Jr Design and you should be able to find it and join from there.

Kodyax
Troll

Post by Kodyax » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 am

I'll have to take a look as well. If this becomes a physical book at some point I'll be buying it as soon as I can. The American Revolution angle has me VERY interested.

Return to “Spelljammer”