Califriaspace

"Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly aether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes." — Kepler
The Book-House: Find Spelljammer products.

Moderators: Big Mac, night_druid

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Califriaspace

Post by Knightfall » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 am

I just created a new crystal sphere for a map I posted on one of my Facebook groups: Knightfall's Otherworlds. This was generated using the random system in the Spelljammer boxed set, and it is meant to be a classical AD&D 2E crystal sphere. Below are the results...

Random Generation of Califriaspace
Part 1: System Type (rolled a 44) = Standard System
Part 2: Primary Body (rolled a 41) = Sun (fire body)
Part 3: Number of Planets (rolled twice, first roll 100, second roll 45, averages out to 72) = Nine planets, Planetary Movement (rolled a 15) = Planets are worlds orbiting around a central point, Planetary Motion (rolled a 35) = All planets move clockwise in orbit.

Part 4
Primary (Starlight): Fire Body, Size F, Spherical, Goody -> ring of fire.
Attributes were assigned by me.

Planet One (Calveia): Type (rolled 96) = Water; Size (rolled 67) = F; Shape (rolled 14) = Belt; No Goodies.

Planet Two (Knosago): Type (rolled 88) = Water; Size (rolled 14) = C; Shape (rolled 52) = Spherical; Goodies (rolled 03 and 64) = Single moon, Ring (water/ice).

Planet Three (Agreemn): Type (rolled 79) = Air; Size (rolled 72) = H; Shape (rolled 17) = Cluster; No Goodies.

Planet Four (Haryid): Type (rolled 19) = Earth; Size (rolled 89) = G; Shape (rolled 45) = Spherical; Goodies (rolled 79) = Planet colder than normal.

Planet Five (Califria): Earth Type; Size E; Spherical Shape; Goodies -> 1-4 moons (rolled 2), earth ring, and civilization (world empire). Extra tidbit added on: both moons are fire bodies with earth rings.
Attributes were assigned by me.

Planet Six (Cudbic): Type (rolled 62) = Air; Size (rolled 80) = H; Shape (rolled 68) = Cubic; Goodies (rolled 27 and 81) = 1-4 moons (rolled 2), Planet colder than normal.

Planet Seven (Stellaedron): Type (rolled 40) = Earth; Size (rolled 43) = E; Shape (rolled 99) = Regular (Small stellated dodecahedron); Goodies (rolled 21) = 1-4 moons (rolled 3). (See below for animated image.)

Planet Eight (Huir): Type (rolled 24) = Earth; Size (rolled 50) = E; Shape (rolled 56) = Spherical; Goodies (rolled 31) = Cluster of asteroids.

Planet Nine (Allagoon): Type (rolled 05) = Earth; Size (rolled 46) = E; Shape (rolled 07) = Amorphous; Goodies (rolled 95) = Vacuum.

Part 5
Still to be done.
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Califriaspace

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Knightfall wrote:Planet Seven (?): Type (rolled 40) = Earth; Size (rolled 43) = E; Shape (rolled 99) = Regular (Small stellated dodecahedron); Goodies (rolled 21) = 1-4 moons (rolled 3). (See below for animated image.)

<snip>
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Planet Seven (?): Type (rolled 40) = Earth; Size (rolled 43) = E; Shape (rolled 99) = Regular (Small stellated dodecahedron); Goodies (rolled 21) = 1-4 moons (rolled 3).
I think it could be fun to have turtles without shells living on planet seven (like the ones on M.C. Escher's Gravitation). :D
That sounds like a old scifi movie... Attack of the Turtles without Shells from Planet 7!!!! :P
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Planet Seven (?): Type (rolled 40) = Earth; Size (rolled 43) = E; Shape (rolled 99) = Regular (Small stellated dodecahedron); Goodies (rolled 21) = 1-4 moons (rolled 3).
I think it could be fun to have turtles without shells living on planet seven (like the ones on M.C. Escher's Gravitation). :D
That sounds like a old scifi movie... Attack of the Turtles without Shells from Planet 7!!!! :P
:lol:

How about turtle folk, that don't have shells (maybe because of some sort of transformation in the past). They could wear shell-like armour to look more like turtles used to look.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

blackdaggr
Ogre

Post by blackdaggr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm glad someone else found the regular stellated polyhedra interesting as a potential planet shape. One of the moons of Krensar in Gatespace, Nempeh, is a great icosahedron (which is very similar to the stellated dodecahedron). There are a lot of other possible shapes that you could toss in - perhaps some of the moons of your system.

nerik
Bionoid

Post by nerik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Well, there 59 Icosahedra (or maybe 69) :ugeek:

You could make some very interesting worlds out of some of those!

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 am

World Map for Califria
Image will be re-uploaded elsewhere and a link reintroduced here at some point. -KF
Last edited by Knightfall on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:59 am

blackdaggr wrote:I'm glad someone else found the regular stellated polyhedra interesting as a potential planet shape. One of the moons of Krensar in Gatespace, Nempeh, is a great icosahedron (which is very similar to the stellated dodecahedron). There are a lot of other possible shapes that you could toss in - perhaps some of the moons of your system.
I'm not sure how complicated I want the crystal shell to be. Its three moons will likely be regular in shape. Perhaps shaped like a 4-sided die?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Planet Seven (?): Type (rolled 40) = Earth; Size (rolled 43) = E; Shape (rolled 99) = Regular (Small stellated dodecahedron); Goodies (rolled 21) = 1-4 moons (rolled 3). (See below for animated image.)

<snip>
Hmm, I now have a vision of rebel slaadi that have gone lawful.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 am

The planets now all have names. While subject to change, I will try to not change them on a whim.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “Spelljammer”