Wanted: Site Manager for the Atlas of Mystara Wiki

Home of Thorf's myriad Secret Projects.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

Wanted: Site Manager for the Atlas of Mystara Wiki

Postby Thorf » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I spent a few fruitless hours last night trying to update my Wiki and delete the legions of fake users that have been proliferating over the past year or so. I thought I had disabled user account creation, so it was a nasty surprise to discover all this spam. Cleaning it up seems to be non-trivial, and the whole exercise was a colossal waste of time that I really don't have to waste these days.

Which brought me to thinking, perhaps it's time I recruited someone else to manage the web side of things, allowing me to spend what little free time I have more productively. Preferably someone who knows how to manage this kind of thing already, and can get things done far faster (and with less time wasting) than I can.

Is anyone interested, or able to help?
Thorf
Cartomancer

Re: Wanted: Site Manager for the Atlas of Mystara Wiki

Postby metal » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 am

If I can help in any way let me know.
metal
Long live Mystara
"I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!"
metal
Stone Giant

Re: Wanted: Site Manager for the Atlas of Mystara Wiki

Postby Thorf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks for offering to help!

What I really need is someone to handle upkeep of the site and its MediaWiki software. I used to have time to do it all myself. These days I don't, so I'd rather be spending whatever spare time I can find on something more creative, such as mapping.

The Atlas project could also benefit from volunteers to help build the actual site content itself. The Atlas Wiki has been the official source of my maps for a year or two now. (I suspect that very few people have actually realised this, though.) The files are all there, but it's bare bones, and a lot of stuff needs to be ported over from the forums here. Once the structure has been decided on it's essentially just a matter of copy and paste.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Return to Thorf's Projects