Technical Problems (please report them here)

Home of Thorf's myriad Secret Projects.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

Re: Technical Problems (please report them here)

Postby Thorf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Heads-up: I just moved servers. I've taken this opportunity to discard the old map files and their browsing pages, which were woefully out of date. The wiki is now the only official way to access the latest versions of my maps, although I'm sure they will also end up on Pandius, too.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Sturm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi, may I suggest to post the link to the wiki (this one, correct? http://mystara.thorf.co.uk/wiki/index.p ... =Main_Page)
in the main posts of this forum, maybe the first ones of the main threads? Or, even better, in your signature?
It seems it's not easy to find the link for someone who is not already familiar with it.

I had the impression that Shawn had in the Vaults almost all your maps (http://www.pandius.com/ttait.html)?
If it is not so, maybe you could send him the links and he could be able to add the missing ones in the next update?
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Thorf » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:25 pm

I know I haven't really advertised the link to the wiki properly — mainly due to its incompleteness, but the fact remains that it's the place to get the most up to date versions. So you're right. It needs to be publicised. I've taken the first step to doing this by rerouting the "Cartography" link on mystara.thorf.co.uk's index page to point to the wiki.

I'm sure Shawn has most or even all of my maps, but a few have been updated in recent years through the wiki pages, and I think it's likely that few people noticed. So the versions on Pandius may not be completely up to date.

Having said that, any changes in recent years were likely minor corrections or cosmetic alterations at most. Aside from the 72 mile per hex maps and perhaps one or two others, I haven't released any "new" maps in quite some time.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Previous

Return to Thorf's Projects