* Time Zones - Data Available
* Geology & Structure
* World Climate (also covers Air Currents) - Data Available
* Life Zones
* Global Economy
* Global Conflict
BardicFire wrote:1. Yes, Solar Times Officially, but I plan on developing an Unofficial map that has Time "Zones" based on Country Borders, set in 1000 AC of course.Re: Time Zones
2. Thanks for the info, will need to add that to the resources.Re: Geology
3. Koppen will be the most accurate and detailed probably, DK uses what seems to be a Highly Simplified Koppen System.Re: Climate
4. Sort of, it's also partially inspired by Koppen Climate Classification, but focuses on the way the biomes work, so yes. heres a list of the types used on the DK Map are:Re: Life Zones/Biomes
5. I was thinking having a Main Map that covered ALL Sapient Species. The Map is Political, like so: http://www.mapsofworld.com/images/world ... ensity.jpgRe: Population/Races
but will also cover Average Life Expectancy.
From there I thought there should be Racial Maps that was more freeform than political.
6. Personally I plan on this part to be a continuously developing part of the Project. I'd like to develop multiple maps based on different interpretations, and even possibly get input from original canon writersRe: Languages
7. Why not have one map for only the most major Immortal Cults, and "Pagan" religions? This one is going to be played with.Re: Religion
8. Yes the Trail Maps did, and we can do an Estimated Wealth based on Resource and Trade for the whole World. Again Politically based, as opposed to regional or something similar.Re: Economy
9. Global Conflict does not mean World War, it means any current conflicts around the world. For Example my World Atlas is Circa 1998, so what it lists it has countries in red that have been in International Conflict (conflict with another nation) since 1975, little black explosion symbols representing Civil Unrest since 1975, red diamonds over areas that are disputed territories, tightly dotted red line for Disputed Borders, and looser dashed line for Undefined Border. We will be using SIMILAR but not necessarily exact forms.Re: Conflict
All Maps should be large enough that the intricacies of the Known World can be seen on the Global Scale (because it's too damn small of an area IMHO)
BardicFire wrote:wish I could figure out how to do that great Quote stuff you do. but anyways.
[quote="J. Doe"]quoted text listing the author (J. Doe in this case)[/quote]
[quote][quote]nested text 1[/quote]nested text 2 (up to 5 I think)[/quote]
J. Doe wrote:quoted text listing the author (J. Doe in this case)
nested text 2 (up to 5 I think)nested text 1
Climate: I disagree, I want to be as detailed as possible, make as comprehensive as possible of an Atlas, to quote Hammond from Jurassic Park "we spared no expense" but we'll definitely need to do this at different levels.
Life Zones: I disagree about the combination, Mountain Biomes and Needleleaf Biomes are actually very different, think Russian Tiaga and woodless areas of the Rockies.
Population: no I mean account for all Sapient Species that live in those borders. all of them. if thats too much to ask then maybe just major races.
Life Span: probably focus on Humans, with minor notes showing other major races. remember, hyper-comprehensive geo-informative atlases, I want to provide DM's (and myself XD) as much data as possible.
Languages: as an aspiring Linguist (Hobby wise, not career) I personally am going to look at Language families that I think more sense in regards to apparent cultures, migration, and Geographics. It really isn't that hard to figure out, it's just that some people try so desperately to stick to the contradictive information in ALL of the available Sources.
Religion: Northern Reaches still practices Asatru (Odinism), Thyatians seem to have Pseudo-Greaco-Romanic Religion as well as Immortal Worship. basically I mean all the Non-Immortal Worshipping Religions. Paganism academically is used to mean any religion outside of the Dominant ones, thus as Immortal Worship is the most common, Paganism would be EVERYTHING ELSE .
Global Conflict: I'd love to see a map showing the movements of raiding parties around the entire world, showing me how exactly Goblinoids (Humanoids as they are called in Mystara) raid on a global scale.
I think it'd be interesting. what about the wars between Thyatis and Alphatia, I'm thinking about covering a period of time larger than 75 years, and possibly different times. and like I said, maybe when we start preliminary work on this project, we'll find it'll be useless and just scrap this one.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest