Replica of Northern Iciria from the Hollow World Set, 40 miles per hex by Thorf, March 2012
Replica of Southern Iciria from the Hollow World Set, 40 miles per hex by Thorf, July 2008
Replica of Alphatian Neatharum from Wrath of the Immortals, 1004 AC, 40 miles per hex by Thorf, May 2005
Updated map of Iciria, 40 miles per hex by Thorf, July 2005
Updated map of Northern Iciria, 1004 AC, 40 miles per hex by Thorf, May 2005
The hex maps, at the non-standard but not too problematic scale of 40 miles per hex, correspond nicely - though not exactly - with the world map of the Hollow World. It should be possible to expand the hex maps using the world map, although the curvature of the world remains an issue, and a worry.
Sources: Hollow World Campaign Set (1990), HWR1 Sons of Azca (1991), HWR2 Kingdom of Nithia (1991), HWR3 The Milenian Empire (1992), Wrath of the Immortals (1992), The Poor Wizard's Almanac (1992).
Notes on Hollow World Campaign Set
- Northern and Southern Iciria - fitting the two original maps together proved problematic, due to differences in the region of the Merry Pirate Seas and the Traldar Kingdoms. The whole region is quite different on each map. The coastline is different, and even the positioning of some towns is different. The merge was made with reference to the relevant maps in The Poor Wizard's Almanac, and the result is somewhat of a compromise between the two maps, although it seems the southern map was always more accurate.
- Rivers - there are problems with two rivers on the Northern and Southern Iciria Hollow World maps. In both cases, it seems quite clear which version is more correct, and the Atlas has marked them accordingly.
- Finish updating hex art and palettes to latest version.
- Change the font on the replica maps and put the captions in the precise sizes and positions of the original maps.
- Create original colours versions of the replica maps.
- Expand map to cover the whole of Iciria, including extremities - and if possible the whole Hollow World.
- Check against HWR series 8 mile per hex maps and adjust as necessary. (The HWR series maps were generally very faithful to the original Iciria maps in the Hollow World Campaign Set, but there may still be some adjustments to be made.)
- Thorf's Secret Project: Stage One - the original Atlas of Mystara thread at the Wizards MMB. Post 121 contains the Northern Iciria map. Post 353 contains the Souther Iciria replica map. Post 354 presents the updated full Iciria map. Post 378 gives the Alphatian Neatharum replica map, as well as the Northern Iciria 1004 AC updated map.