[Outer World] World Map, non-hex

A directory of geographical maps for the world of Mystara.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, Thorf

BardicFire
Gnoll

Re: Outer World: World Map, non-hex

Post by BardicFire »

Don't know if this has already been asked or not, but is the Ocean between Skothar and Brun really that large... comparatively I mean.
Growing up reading Gazetteer modules spoils you for modern gaming campaign resources.

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin »

BardicFire wrote:Don't know if this has already been asked or not, but is the Ocean between Skothar and Brun really that large... comparatively I mean.
Essentially, if not precisely.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie »

Does anyone know the scale of the Masters Set Map? or even the Companion set map of Brun?

I know the VotPa area maps were 900 miles per inch, but I don't know the size of those maps relative to the other two.

Thorf
Cartomancer

Post by Thorf »

Morfie wrote:Does anyone know the scale of the Masters Set Map? or even the Companion set map of Brun?

I know the VotPa area maps were 900 miles per inch, but I don't know the size of those maps relative to the other two.
The scale can be worked out by overlaying the hex maps for known areas on the map. I don't think any of them had a marked scale. Quite frankly, any scale they might have had would be irrelevant, because using it would involve rescaling all the hex maps. The widely accepted position is that the hex maps are the most important, and everything else can be scaled and adapted as necessary to fit them while making as few changes to them as possible.

Return to “Geographical Mapping”