[Outer World] Eadrin, 8 miles per hex

A directory of geographical maps for the world of Mystara.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

[Outer World] Eadrin, 8 miles per hex

Postby Thorf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Eadrin, 8 miles per hex by Thorf

Image Image Image

View this map's page in the Atlas of Mystara for the full resolution map: http://mystara.thorfmaps.com/eadrin-8/

If you have any comments, corrections, or suggestions for things to add to the map, please post them here.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Re: [Outer World] Eadrin, 8 miles per hex

Postby Big Mac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Very nice. What have you done to update this (since Bruce's map)?

Where does the Dawn of the Emperors map come into things? Were you merging details from that and Bruce's map? Is your map bigger than Bruce's map (and using Dawn of the Emperors data to fill in the edges)? Or is it something else?

Are the changes mostly to deal with changing the scale from 24 miles per hex to 8 miles per hex? Or are you using new symbols or adding other information?
Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Outer World] Eadrin, 8 miles per hex

Postby Thorf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Although it's marked as Updated, it's really a pretty faithful reproduction of Bruce's original map, which contains a wealth of new details that weren't on the smaller scale 24 mile per hex map. The only updated part really is the coastline, which I long ago redid for the whole of Alphatia based on a combination of Bruce's maps and the 24 mile per hex (Dawn of the Emperors) map; I believe Bruce worked from my reproduction of the 24 mile per hex map to make his maps, so the coastline was already very close.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Return to Geographical Mapping