Replica of poster map from PC3, 8 miles per hex by Thorf, July 2008
PC3's Sea of Dread Submerged Lands map is the most authoritative source we have on undersea contour lines (i.e. depths) in the Known World's southern coastal area. Not only does the underwater map show more ranges of depth than any other map, but it also shows new details such as volcanic islands which can be placed on the above-water maps.
For some reason, this map slows Illustrator down to a crawl - even on my newest computer. This is a definite problem to developing other undersea maps.
Sources: PC3 The Sea People (1990).
Notes on Updated map (PC3)
- Adjust the replica map to hide the top right corner, which was covered by the legend on the original.
- Make an original colours variant of the replica map.
- Make an updated map incorporating any corrections, and developing the area hidden by the legend in the top right.
- Search PC3 for geographical info and add it to the map.
- Develop mapping techniques of this map to make undersea maps of other areas.