Outer World: Darokin, 2 2/3 miles per hex

A directory of geographical maps for the world of Mystara.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

Re: Outer World: Darokin, 2 2/3 miles per hex

Postby Seer of Yhog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Bonetti wrote:Updated the Daelbar map with the spelling changes and geographic changes.

Would there be any chance you could upload a version that shows all the settlements intact? If not, that's cool, but my first session with the whole party is this Friday, and I thought it would be cool to give them a player handout when they talk to their patron.
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Bonetti » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Done.

I converted the ruins back to villages, added a quick sketch of the borders, and pulled in a few hexes (from other 2 2/3 scale maps) around the borders so there's a little context back.
Darokin expansion (maps, notes, merchant houses)
NaNoWriMo: Winner 2013, 2014, 2015; Camp NaNoWriMo: 2014 (April, July), 2015 (April, July)
Bonetti
Fire Giant

Postby Seer of Yhog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

WICKED! Thank you!

I'll have suggestions for the next edit after this session, I'm sure. But this is awesome.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Seer of Yhog » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Just thought you might like to know how amazed my players were when I told them about the map, how cool it was, and how quickly it was updated so it could be a handout. Some excerpted comments:

"Haha really? That’s pretty cool :-) Luc, you hear that? We can change the world!!!"

"That’s really cool. I love maps, and I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time poring over any and all geographical source material when getting to know a fantasy world. It’s great that he has the time and energy to put into that kind of stuff for Mystara, because it adds a great deal of richness to the world for players like me."

Take a bow, sir.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Bonetti » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 am

The level of detail in the original Gazetteer maps, plus the promise from other sources (VotP, Wrath, DotE, HW) for fleshing out the rest of the world, was one of the initial attractions to me. That being said, the turnaround wouldn't have been that fast if I didn't already know Gimp, have experience with hexgimp, and have the wonderful work of others (Thorf, Isomage's brushes, the updated brush sets elsewhere on The Piazza, your dev work) to run with :-)

So credit goes to all of the above, too!
NaNoWriMo: Winner 2013, 2014, 2015; Camp NaNoWriMo: 2014 (April, July), 2015 (April, July)
Bonetti
Fire Giant

Postby Bonetti » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Very modest update:

I think this will provide some useful context on where it fits :-)
Bonetti
Fire Giant

Postby Robin » Sun May 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Finally finding this post again., took a sh####oad time and research to recover :lol:
I wanted to thank the creators of these very nice Maps/info. :D
It did contribute awfully good to my 1 mile hex map of the Canolbarth and surrounding areas. :cool:

I am currently working on a 1 mile map of the Broken Lands so I am going to use these maps/info again but now for the west of Corunglain. :shock:
If you have ANY information on that area that you could share that would be useful...please do. :lol:
Thus especially the barren hills from Fort Fletcher and the the Plains of Corunglain as far south (roughly) as the ruins of Ardelphia and all in between (as this is the area I use) would be welcome :mrgreen:

Please inform me here :P
http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15023&start=50

What I surmised from the 2300BC maps (as can be seen in my Blog Voyage of the Discovery) the River from Glantri, did circumvent the hills that later became the Broken Lands.
I find it astounding that almost exactly on that location you have created the Caldencreek, As it is on this location, the river came in, before being cut of by the Rising Broken Lands. As thus I am further creating the Creek deeper north in the Broken lands, still passing through the ancient river bed, but no more a river, now only a creek.
Thanx
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Fire Giant

Postby Bonetti » Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

I can't speak for anyone else who has contributed (especially Geoff), but everything I had ended up posted. I'll note there's a development thread that I opened for the Corunglain development, but I didn't copy the notes from here over. My campaign and development time ended before I worked on that region.
Bonetti
Fire Giant

Postby Robin » Fri May 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Bonetti wrote:I can't speak for anyone else who has contributed (especially Geoff), but everything I had ended up posted. I'll note there's a development thread that I opened for the Corunglain development, but I didn't copy the notes from here over. My campaign and development time ended before I worked on that region.

Thanx for the Link, and all your input thus far. I'll use it well.
Now hope Geoff reacts also, adding more info ;)
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
Robin
Fire Giant

Postby Seer of Yhog » Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 pm

I will have a look at this. :)

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Bonetti » Fri May 20, 2016 5:30 pm

The Daelbar stuff was yours, as was Brethilad, IIRC, along with some other contributions (Tafton's Corners, Barrowfields). I was just stea...incorporating it. It'll be interesting to see what else comes of it :-)

I think the one thing development idea I left hanging was that I wanted to build a resort/vacation area around Fort Lakeside or around Highlake River to the west.
Bonetti
Fire Giant

Postby Robin » Sat May 21, 2016 1:18 am

I hope to get as much detail/location information about the area between Detwillan near Fort Fletcher to Corunglain, and roughly a few miles of the lateral line south of Caldenhill.
As this area is almost bare, It could harbor much of interest as suggested by the two of you about Ardelphia.
Geologically I have much ready or in my head, but sociogeological I need any village, ruin, road, mine, etc as ready to be placed, which I can't find on the 2 2/3rd hex maps.
Robin
Fire Giant

Postby Seer of Yhog » Sat May 21, 2016 2:59 am

I can give this some thought after next week...

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Robin » Sat May 21, 2016 11:57 am

Seer of Yhog wrote:I can give this some thought after next week...

Thanx already.
I awaut your collected input :ugeek:
Most what I've collected elsewhere I posted here http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15023&p=177343#p177343
Hope I can fletch it together with all other/your sources, being "the Fletcher"like Bruce heard once said, that must succeed ;)
Robin
Fire Giant

Previous

Return to Geographical Mapping