Map Request Thread

A directory of geographical maps for the world of Mystara.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

Map Request Thread

Postby Thorf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 am

Post your map requests here! :D I can't promise that I'll manage to get to the map you want right away, but I will get there eventually.

Just post the area you're interested in, along with the scale and any other details. I'll keep a list of all the requests in this post, in roughly the order I expect to be able to get them done.

Requested Maps

1. Slagovich, the City States and Southern Hule - requested by Michele (LoZompatore) and Mike (metal)
  2. Northeast Known World and Northern Wildlands (using GazF series), 24 miles per hex - requested by Stone Marshall (multizar)
  3. Hule (likely Hule, 8 miles per hex by Christian Constantin) - requested by Stone Marshall (multizar) and Hervé
  4. Glantri and the Broken Lands 1010 AC with the Great Crater - requested by Jean Jacques (Almaric)
  5. Blackmoor - requested by Havard
  6. Thunder Rift - requested by Havard and firebee
  7. Valley of Eternal Sun - requested by Havard
  8. Merry Pirate Seas, 8 miles per hex - requested by Khuzd
    (including sunken ships, kopru underwater settings, whales, squid, giant octopuses, maelstroms)
  9. Artistic sea-chart of Icirian coast from the point of view of the Merry Pirates - requested by Khuzd
    ("How does a Merry Pirate Captain's coast map look like?")
  10. Underwater map of Alphatia, 24 miles per hex, 1010 AC (likely Alphatian Undersea, 24 miles per hex by Hausman Santos) - requested by Mike (metal) and Khuzd
  11. The area between Dolos and Wrasseldown settlements in southern Darokin made by merging CM9, PC1, GAZ11 and GAZ5 maps - requested by Michele (LoZompatore)
  12. Savage Baronies, 24 miles per hex - requested by Rimx
  13. Outer & inner world maps showing how the various mapped regions fit into the world - requested by night druid
  14. Arm of the Immortals, Orc's Head Peninsula and Trident Bay area, 8 miles per hex - requested by Joe Mason (JoeNotCharles)
  15. A more detailed version of Karameikos (4 miles per hex? 2 miles per hex?) - requested by Chimpman
  16. Wendar and Northern Wildlands composite map - requested by happylarry
  17. Davania: Adakkian Sound Region, 72 miles per hex and other regions by Geoff Gander - requested by Eric Anondson
  18. Adri Varma Plateau (for example Adri Varma Plateau, 24 miles per hex by LoZompatore - requested by Stone Marshall (multizar)
  19. Bellissaria, 24 miles per hex by LoZompatore - requested by Marco Fossati
  20. Heldann Heartlands, 8 miles per hex by Geoff Gander - requested by Chimpman
  21. The Great Crater Region, 8 miles per hex by Andrew Theisen - requested by hihama
  22. Xyqata and Hutaaka, 8 miles per hex by Andrew Theisen - requested by... um... me

Completed Requests

1. Sind, 8 miles per hex - requested by Shane G (Plaag)
  2. Threshold town map - requested by Shane G (Plaag) [still only in rough form]
Last edited by Thorf on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Updated the list.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Re: Map Request Thread

Postby Plaag » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:38 am

Sind

Unless you do city/town maps then Threshold if so :)

ShaneG.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Plaag
Troll

Postby Thorf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:55 am

City and town maps are on the horizon somewhere, but the only one I've tried so far (Pandius) was taking so long to do that I stopped halfway through. :( The problem is, it's hard to find shortcuts and efficient mapping techniques when each building is different and has to be drawn separately.

On the other hand, maps like the Threshold one are not all that complicated, so it might not be so hard after all.
Last edited by Thorf on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Trying to fix smileys.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby LoZompatore » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:49 am

The city state area (Slagovich and sourroundings) and southern Hule would be a tough one, in my opinion. :mrgreen:

There are many different map version of the area: X4/X5, VotPA, CoM, SC and Savage Baronies are the most detailed ones, AFAIK. Most of them are not in agreement with each other, especially X4/X5 and VotPA/CoM (as regards Hulean borders) and VotPA/CoM is very different from SC and Savage Baronies map (as regards the whole geography of the area east to the Black Mountains).
There are also minor differences between SC and Savage Baronies maps, especially as regards Hulean terrain types. Moreover these two maps are not hexed... :|
LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Postby metal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:31 pm

LoZompatore wrote:The city state area (Slagovich and sourroundings) and southern Hule

Love to see that one.........
metal
Long live Mystara
"I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!"
metal
Stone Giant

Postby multizar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:39 pm

I would like to see a 24mph of the northeast corner of the Known World area, and using the GAZ-F series of maps and the northern wildlands. and Hule...dont forget Hule :)
I do what I have to do so I can do what I want to do
Check out when you can see the ISS http://www.heavens-above.com
multizar
Troll

Postby Almaric » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Hello

Are you planning a WotI version of Glantri and Broken Lands maps with the crater ?

JJB
Almaric
Orc

Postby Thorf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Almaric wrote:Are you planning a WotI version of Glantri and Broken Lands maps with the crater ?

Hello, JJB. :)

Yes, I certainly am. This is one that has been delayed for a looooooong time, but I hope to get to it soon.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Almaric » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:51 am

Great news. :P

JJB
Almaric
Orc

Postby Havard » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:17 am

I would love to see a map on Blackmoor, even though I know historical realms aren't exactly priority 1.

Thunder Rift and the Valley of Eternal Sun (Hollow World) wold also be nice to see as hex maps.

Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby firebee » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Thorf wrote:[*]Thunder Rift (requested by Havard)

I second this one!!!

------------
Tom
Tom Mahaney
firebee
Bugbear

Postby Havard » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

firebee wrote:
Thorf wrote:[*]Thunder Rift (requested by Havard)

I second this one!!!

Good to see it's not just me who is interested in seeing Thorf-style maps for these odd regions :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Thorf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:50 am

Update: I added Khuzd's requests from another thread to the list.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby happylarry » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:44 pm

I'd love to see a 'stitched together' replica of X1, X4, X5, X6, X9 and CM1 maps

James
happylarry
Ogre

Postby Gawain_VIII » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 pm

happylarry wrote:I'd love to see a 'stitched together' replica of X1, X4, X5, X6, X9 and CM1 maps

I'm don't want anything bir like that... just that map (24 mi scale is fine) in the "updated" style. :D

Roger
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.
Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Postby Thorf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:43 am

happylarry wrote:I'd love to see a 'stitched together' replica of X1, X4, X5, X6, X9 and CM1 maps

James, this is one that you should be seeing sooner rather than later, because I've already made replicas of all of those maps. In fact, I already have various combinations stuck together too, although I don't think I've released any yet. ;) (These maps constitute what I call the "First Era" of Mystara maps, which is basically the pre-Gazetteer era of modules, most of which have old-style hex art.)

Oh, and you forgot X11, not to mention Dungeon 6 and 7. (The latter is the only one I haven't made a replica of yet.)

My best guess at when this map could appear: probably before the end of August, although it very much depends on how busy I am during the summer. (Unfortunately in Japan teachers still have to go to school every day during the summer holidays. :( )

Gawain_VIII wrote:I'm don't want anything bir like that... just that map (24 mi scale is fine) in the "updated" style. :D

This is actually a far bigger request, I'm afraid. The reason being that I intend to reconstruct my 24 mile per hex maps from the 8 mile per hex maps rather than just accept the official ones - which in almost all cases are really not very satisfactory.

On the other hand, I may well patch together the Second Era replica maps as they are. The relevant maps would be Dawn of the Emperors (Alphatia, Alatians, Pearl Islands, Ochalea), Wrath of the Immortals (Known World), Champions of Mystara (Great Waste, Serpent Peninsula) and Savage Baronies (which although it has no hexes is essentially a 24 mile per hex map). Other than Savage Baronies, all of these are already done, and most of them have already been upgraded to the latest version of my mapping conventions and hex art too.

Given all this, it seems likely I could produce a Second Era non-updated 24 mile per hex trail map at some point before the end of August too. But the fully updated version will definitely take a lot longer.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby JoeNotCharles » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Thorf wrote:Oh, and you forgot X11, not to mention Dungeon 6 and 7. (The latter is the only one I haven't made a replica of yet.)

What was in Dungeon 6 and 7?
JoeNotCharles
Ogre

Postby Havard » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:28 pm

JoeNotCharles wrote:What was in Dungeon 6 and 7?

Tortles of Purple Sage. It mapped out the western part of the Savage Coast IIRC.

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Seer of Yhog » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:11 am

Hey Thorf!

When you have time (no rush, honest!) I'd love to see my map of Selhomarr redone. That would probably spur me to map the empire at an 8-mile hex scale! :lol:

Geoff
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Seer of Yhog » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:13 am

Ah yes, one other thing....

Unless anyone else is doing it, I would dearly love to see the Known World merged with all of Old Dawg's Norwold maps, so that we have a complete, 8-mile hex map from Hattias all the way up to Kaarjala. :mrgreen:
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby happylarry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 pm

say... by the end of the week? :-)
happylarry
Ogre

Postby Hugin » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Seer of Yhog wrote:Ah yes, one other thing....

Unless anyone else is doing it, I would dearly love to see the Known World merged with all of Old Dawg's Norwold maps, so that we have a complete, 8-mile hex map from Hattias all the way up to Kaarjala. :mrgreen:

Definitely!

That would be so great to have!
Hugin
Green Dragon

Postby zambion » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Guys...
I am new to the boards, but have been very impressed by the dedication everyone here has to Mystara. I have been using Mystara as my home campaign setting for over 20 years - whenever I get the chance to play. Thorf, your map work is outstanding and you and everyone here deserve major credit for keeping this thing alive and going!

I have a small request if possible - I would like to see an 8 mph detailed map of Qeodhar Island and it's surroundings ( Whaler's Isle , Icehop Isle, etc. ) I have found Geoff's great 24 mph map (http://pandius.com/qeodhar5.html ) - if anyone has any other maps of this area , can you please point me in the right direction? If not, please consider this request.

Thanks alot!
zambion
Kobold

Postby Hugin » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:41 pm

zambion wrote:Hi Guys...
I am new to the boards, but...

Welcome to The Piazza! Hope you stick around and join in on our discussions. There's a whole lot to discover around here!
Hugin
Green Dragon

Postby Rimx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Havard wrote:
JoeNotCharles wrote:What was in Dungeon 6 and 7?

Tortles of Purple Sage. It mapped out the western part of the Savage Coast IIRC.

Havard

Here's a map of the area,sans labels or cities. Image

Edit: the Savage Coast portions of the map are based off maps form the Voyage of the Princess Ark instead of Dungeon 6.
Rimx
Goblin

Next

Return to Geographical Mapping