The map has finally been completed and can be found here:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WEBq01AI_zUFRsajQ1Q0tBbVk/edit?ups=drive_web
I posted this map on the general topics forum initially, as I suspect that not everyone reads the geographical section on the Piazza. It is set at 1000AC.
Naturally, my thanks goes to all those who have worked on the various mapping tools that I used, as well as to all those whose maps I have used in part to compile this new updated map of the region. Unfortunately, the list of names is too long to give here (I have used as a reference point about 15 maps!).
Some points to note regarding the map are as follows:
1) Karawenn has been added into Norwold, just North of the Shire of Leeha.
2) I have added a suggested route for the Leehan trail which leads to Ghyr.
3) The trade routes going south from Kaarjala and North from Itamaa have been completed with a suggested final destination (which was not originally shown on the Fan Gazeteers of these regions)
4) I have included the dominions of any character who was in CMI (Test of the Warlords) onto the map, if their dominion appeared anywhere in this region in previous fan maps. I have also added the County of Lintaine, which is covered in detail here:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WEBq01AI_zc2N1b1FBNFFVclU/edit?ups=drive_web
5) On the vaults of Pandius, the three Viasksoda tribes are described. I have set up a camp for each of these, using the locations described for where these tribes are usually found. The camp represents the location of their respective religious grounds where they gather during the summer solstice. During this period, 10,000-15,000 barbarians can be found at these locations. At other times of the year, this camp will usually number about 900.
6) There have been a number of differences in previous maps of this region, especially regarding which areas are forested North of the Great Bay, and where the mountains actually lay on the West of the map. I have tried to accommodate as much as possible, but have had to make some decisions about which maps take precedent over others. Hopefully, no one will take offence if parts of their maps have not been used here!
7) I have fleshed out parts of the map North of Kaarjala, as no maps I have seen went into much detail of this region. The new locations I have added will be detailed soon in a separate post.
8) I have included some villages (which do not normally appear on 24 mile hex maps) to ensure that some trade routes and dominion borders make more sense (ie to avoid trade routes ending abruptly at no settlement etc). However, it should be noted that not all villages in this region are shown on the map.
9) The hex tiles should generally be self explanatory. One which may need clarification however is the difference between the yellow and green grassland hexes. The yellow one represents grassland which is only average or less with regards to farming potential, while the green one represents grassland which would make excellent arable land. Clear hexes represent land which has already been converted into farmland (these usually are only present near large settlements), and these lands are generally civilized and safe to move around in.
10) One of the canon maps shows the Northern border of Norwold cutting through Kaarjala. Naturally, this map was designed before Kaarjala was placed in Norwold, so I have tweaked the borders in this region to exclude Kaarjala from the dominion of Norwold itself. This is because it is very unlikely that half of Kaarjala would be part of the dominion of Norwold and half would be outside of it! The Fan Gazeteer of this region also states that Kaarjala is not under King Ericall at the time this map represents.
Naturally, if anybody can spot something obvious that I have not included on the map, then please let me know and I will try to add it in.