Breaking news: Jeffrey Quinn Blackmoor show in 2 hours!

Dave Arneson's original fantasy campaign; as compelling, gritty and enigmatic as ever.
The Book-House: Find Blackmoor products.

Moderators: Havard, Chimpman

Breaking news: Jeffrey Quinn Blackmoor show in 2 hours!

Postby Big Mac » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:15 am

3e Blackmoor (and Bluffside) designer, Jeffrey Quinn is going to be taking questions on Blackmoor, Dungeons & Dragons in about two hours on Twitch TV! Here is what he said six hours ago in the Blackmoor Fans group on Faceborg:
Hi Blackmoor fans! Tonight at 9pm Eastern (US) I'm hosting a Q&A session on my Twitch channel called "Game Masters' 911". Over the years, Håvard Frosta and others of the Blackmoor community have asked me tons of great questions about 3.5E Blackmoor. If I've left any unanswered or you have new questions you'd like answered about Blackmoor, Dungeons & Dragons, or any other game system, please come by tonight and ask. I'll try to get to all of the questions I can.

On another note, Dave Arneson Game Day is just a few weeks away, I'll be running (and streaming live) my original 5E Blackmoor module "Out of Time". More information will be made available the week before the game day on my channel's page (including how you can be a player).

Hope to see many of you!

You can watch the show here: http://www.twitch.tv/geoquester
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Breaking news: Jeffrey Quinn Blackmoor show in 2 hours!

Postby Big Mac » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:14 am

I wasn't able to stay up for this. Did anyone manage to see this?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:14 pm

I sadly missed this. If anyone knows what Jeff talked about, please let me know :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:45 am

Havard wrote:I sadly missed this. If anyone knows what Jeff talked about, please let me know :)

It was actually available after the end of the show. But it looks like Twitch TV have only kept the episodes back to October.

GeoQuester have a YouTube channel. :)

I've not had a chance to watch any of them yet, but you might want to try Game Masters' 911, Episode 1 as the video is dated one day after I started this topic:

(I suggest you fast forward 48 minutes...unless you want to recreate the anticipation of waiting for the show to start...or the show has cool "coming soon" music.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Le Noir Faineant » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:38 am

Woof! Really sorry I missed this!

Any substantial takeaway from this one? - Quinn, IMNSHO, was perhaps the single best author to write for BM, but after that, when one would have expected him to really take off, he pretty much fell of the grid, apart from some occasional, non-consequential announcements. He mentioned once that he wanted to develop "The Redwood Scar" into a longer series of adventures, leading up to the "City of Gods" revamp, but that this fell through due to the change in ZGG's development strategy. Did he elaborate on that?

Also, I'll try and rip the audio from the vid, which is legal in my country, so this is preserved for posterity.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafael

Postby Le Noir Faineant » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Okay, enlighten me, please, gentlemen! Was this simply a stinker, or is the file apparently not available online? Like many others, Iprobably won't listen through 10++ hours of podcast episodes, just to find the right spot. :o

Again, I'm inclined to call this a "Quinn-ism"; the guy has great content up for sale, but apparently no feasible idea about how to actually sell it to people. Like, none at all. This, in a better format, rocking.But like this, as it is, almost completely useless.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafael

Return to Blackmoor