Blackmoor Week 2016

Dave Arneson's original fantasy campaign; as compelling, gritty and enigmatic as ever.
The Book-House: Find Blackmoor products.

Moderators: Havard, Chimpman

Blackmoor Week 2016

Postby Havard » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey guys,
Its time for Blackmoor Week again! What is Blackmoor Week? Well it is the week leading up to Dave Arneson Game Day on October 1st.

You can find more details on my blog.

Should we be doing something for Blackmoor Week here on The Piazza? :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Blackmoor Week 2016

Postby Big Mac » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Havard wrote:Should we be doing something for Blackmoor Week here on The Piazza? :)

I think we should. Not only is Blackmoor one of the first D&D campaign settings, and important for that reason, it is also the 5th most popular campaign setting on The Piazza (going by post count).

I was about to try to work out how to add D&D Essentials to The Book-House on The Piazza, but I guess I could try to add (at least) one of the many different editions of Blackmoor to The Book-House instead, and come back to trying to work out what D&D Essentials is afterwards.

I know it's been a struggle for me to find out what the various versions of Blackmoor are, and where they fit into the big scheme. Perhaps some sort of explanation of each product line could also give me the information I need to get things onto the Book-House.

I can imagine that that MMRPG link must be a bit of a nightmare for anyone who doesn't know about it, who is trying to learn. It's not quite as complex as Living Greyhawk or Living Forgotten Realms, but its more complex than some of the organised play campaigns.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:Should we be doing something for Blackmoor Week here on The Piazza? :)

I think we should. Not only is Blackmoor one of the first D&D campaign settings, and important for that reason, it is also the 5th most popular campaign setting on The Piazza (going by post count).

I was about to try to work out how to add D&D Essentials to The Book-House on The Piazza, but I guess I could try to add (at least) one of the many different editions of Blackmoor to The Book-House instead, and come back to trying to work out what D&D Essentials is afterwards.

I know it's been a struggle for me to find out what the various versions of Blackmoor are, and where they fit into the big scheme. Perhaps some sort of explanation of each product line could also give me the information I need to get things onto the Book-House.

I can imagine that that MMRPG link must be a bit of a nightmare for anyone who doesn't know about it, who is trying to learn. It's not quite as complex as Living Greyhawk or Living Forgotten Realms, but its more complex than some of the organised play campaigns.

Great suggestions!

I have posted something about the 1970s Blackmoor Products now here at The Piazza. I will see if I can tackle more of these through the week.

I don't know why the MMRPG needs to be such a Nightmare? :)

By the way, also check out my Blackmoor Week Day One article here.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Havard » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Blackmoor Week Day 3: Free Downloads for Blackmoor the MMRPG, Adventures in Space, Dave Arneson Game Day 2016 planning and more!

http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.no/201 ... loads.html

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Havard » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Day 4: http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.no/201 ... aming.html

Lots of links! So great seeing all these people joining in on the fun! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to Blackmoor