Where can I find Afridhi and the Skandaharians stats?

Dave Arneson's original fantasy campaign; as compelling, gritty and enigmatic as ever.
The Book-House: Find Blackmoor products.

Moderator: Havard

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Where can I find Afridhi and the Skandaharians stats?

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Were can I find a race write up for the Afridhi and the Skandaharians ?

Moderator Edit: Changed topic to clarify what the thread is about.

-Dragon Turtle
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon
Preparing : Modern AGE Urban Arcana mini-campaign
Reading : 5E Sci-Fi Esper Genesis

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Re: Blackmoor Races

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

In my (PbP) campaign, players can choose Afridhi and Skandaharians (from Blackmoor) as playing characters as well and I have write ups for that. Hopefully later on, when I'll be home, I'll remember to copy and paste them.
In alternative, you can join the game (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18973) ;)

EDIT:
The Afridhi are a dark-skinned people with flaming red hair. They are slightly shorter than other humans, only 5 feet on average, but make up for their vertical shortcomings with great physical power.
The Afridhi are a frightening race of humans who hail from the most inhospitable parts of the Goblin Kush Mountains. Powerful warriors, the Afridhi have survived
for centuries in these cold mountains by force of will and discipline.
During last few generations, the Afridhi expanded their lands far away from the Goblin Kush, fuelled by rising religious fundamentalism linked to the monotheistic cult of Zugzul. During the rise of fundamentalism among the Afridhi, all of them not feeling enthusiastic about it had to run away to avoid being either killed or enslaved. Some of them escaped to the Duchy of Ten and to Blackmoor and settled down in quiet places, away from the limelight and trying hard not to be confused with the Afridhi worshipping Zugzul, for example wearing different clothes from usual Afridhi ones, with Zugzul symbols laced all over. While they have lots of issues with racism, they are now not too different from all other inhabitants of Blackmoor, apart from the fact that they are all atheists (and therefore they can't have Priestly Powers), as a reaction to the fundamentalism they had to run away from, but being an atheist is usually not an issue in Blackmoor.

Skandaharians are a race of tall, pale-skinned, blue-eyed, blond-haired sea rovers. From their secret homes in the frozen north, they sail in long ships to raid the coasts of the Thonian Empire. In more recent years, they have concentrated on Blackmoor instead, which they unsuccessfully tried to invade during Blackmoor’s rebellion against the empire. Many Skandaharian warriors died in that fiasco, and many barbarian raiders carry a burning hatred of Blackmoor because of their humiliating defeat. However, other Skandaharians and their descendents settled in quieter parts of Blackmoor (very often near the coast) and started a new life in the Kingdom.
Skandaharians are often noted for their greed, destructiveness, and cruelty... in this regard, they are often compared unfavorably with orcs. However, Skandaharians hailing from Blackmoor are not that different from other citizens.
Last edited by Yaztromo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 pm

shesheyan wrote:Were can I find a race write up for the Afridhi and the Skandaharians ?
If you have the d20 material, these can be found in the monster section rather than the player section.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Havard wrote:
shesheyan wrote:Were can I find a race write up for the Afridhi and the Skandaharians ?
If you have the d20 material, these can be found in the monster section rather than the player section.

-Havard
In the «Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Core Campaign Book» ?

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Havard wrote:

-Havard
Yes. There is a softcover and a hardback version of that one. I recommend getting the softcover one, but both have the info on those two races.

Should have this cover:

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Havard wrote:
shesheyan wrote:
Havard wrote:

-Havard
Yes. There is a softcover and a hardback version of that one. I recommend getting the softcover one, but both have the info on those two races.

Should have this cover:

-Havard
Great! I bought the pdf. ;)

Return to “Blackmoor”