Dungeon #115: Raiders of the Black Ice (download included!)

Dave Arneson's original fantasy campaign; as compelling, gritty and enigmatic as ever.
The Book-House: Find Blackmoor products.

Moderator: Havard

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Dungeon #115: Raiders of the Black Ice (download included!)

Post by Havard » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 am

Did anyone have a look at the Blackmoor Adventure in Dungeon #115 called Raiders of the Black Ice? I think I have that issue of Dungeon somewhere, but I don't know where I put it. Was it any good?
Maps for the module can be downloaded here:

http://paizo.com/dungeonissues/115/DA11 ... lement.pdf

The map shows gives a detailed look at the Greyhawk version of Blackmoor. I'm thinking about stealing some of the locations from the Greyhawk version and putting them into the Mystara one. Thoughts? I should probably leave out the "Black Ice" itself since that seems to be kinda iconic for Greyhawk, though I wouldn't be above having a Glacier in the Skandahar lands...

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Re: Dungeon #115: Raiders of the Black Ice (download include

Post by Yaztromo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 pm

It will take quite some work to adapt this Greyhawk-Blackmoor adventure to DA or ZG Blackmoor, but it is not impossible and, I think, it will prove quite satisfactory, at the end.
For example you could replance the Raiders of Black Ice with Skandaharians and the Lands of Black Ice to a Skandaharian land (but then you need to convert a fair part of the trip from a land trip to a sea trip, unless you assume that all the sea north of Blackmoor is completely frozen). The master kidnapper could be the Egg too.
You will also need to identify a suitable village (although Tonnsborg sounds so close to a settlement once part of the Great Svenny's dominions, it can't be associated with that, as it is a hamlet of twenty houses, while the Great Svenny's one had a tower and dungeons, etc.) and find a suitable reason why the ruler of Blackmoor doesn't want to send his army, forcing a group of four adventurers to do all the job by themselves instead.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Blackmoor”