Silly Rafe, he should know better.
What follows is a truncated (and somewhat sketchy) timeline of events from Thorn's World that Was. The dates toward the end are uncertain, but Thorn has pieced them together as best he can from the records he has been able to recover... Events of the "past" are included when there are significant alternations to the World That Was over canon sources. Other events have been omitted; not that they did not happen, but they are assumed to have happened "as written" in canon.
- 1016: Uther and Curlytop stop Thonian Northern Governor from arresting Aleford. Thonian forces pursue Uther to no avail. Third of the Three: Morganna shelters Uther in the Westryn woods. He returns with the Twilight Guard, defeating the Thonians at the Root, to be left with the twins after the battle. They retake Castle Blackmoor without a fight, the twins turning any and all opposition to stone. The Twilight Guard again rises to fight against the Afridhi at the Neck.
- The Northern Revolt: Uther declares himself first King of Blackmoor, names Rowena and Leansethar his heirs, though he refuses to reveal the identity of their mother. Northern Barons rally under the Silver and Black. Thonian invasion is repelled, but Han Aleford is killed by Thonian Cavalry. Svenny is named Regent of the Lakes until Rissa Aleford assumes rulership of the Barony.
- Egg attempts to raid Glendower. The Flying Monk burns the woods down around its forces. Rowena goes back to the drawing board on Flightpacks.
- 1017: Battle of the Downs: Skandahar defeated. Battle of Blackmoor: Afridhi defeated (attributed to Uther, but it was Rowena who coordinated both battles. (At the same time)
- 1019: First Years of Peace: the town of Newgate is founded in the Summer Blackmoor University is founded in that city. The Peshwah Na Shepro is granted the Barony of Dragonia; Brother Richard starts a monastery in his fief.
- Arrival of the Travelers: FSS Beagle folds in, crash lands in the Valley of the Ancients to the south of Blackmoor.
- 1020: Twins decide to investigate the rise in “Froggie” activity in the swamps, which ultimately leads them into the City of the Gods (which the Regency Council has declared OFF LIMITS.) Uther has the Fetch, Svenny, and the Sniders steal into the city to rescue the twins. Neither Rowena nor Leansethar speak of what was done to them in the City. First recorded use of Val’Kira bracers, tiaras and battlecloth. Leansethar begins training with the Edge morphic-weapon system, is said to have fought the King's Companions -- all of them at once-- to a standstill with it later that summer.
Wizards Cabal puts down a sorcerer’s revolt in Vestfold.
- 1024: The Prison Out of Time plot is foiled. Ungulian returns from the Lands of the Egg. Rissa Aleford is captured and rescued. Second expedition to the City of the Gods: Leansethar recruits adventurers to help her rescue Roewna.
- 1025: expedition into the Duchy of Ten sees the capture of the Afridhi’s Well of Souls. Rowena begins experimenting with it, and with the tech salvaged from the City of the Gods.
- ~1030-1400 The Golden Age: Blackmoor expands, trade flourishes. Rather than conquer, the neighboring kingdoms petition to join with Blackmoor peacefully. Imperial Regents Council is established, mimicking the governing body of the Kingdom of Blackmoor. Automatons, the next generation of golems, first see use. In 1350, the first warforged steps from the Creation Forges, is given a rudimentary SHADE.
- ~1420-1480: Beastman Crusade: First use of Starfire weaponry; it’s terrible effect is seen on the men using it a short time later. Dawn of the Warforged: First generation of Rowena’s work with the Well of Souls technology crossed with Federation Creation Forging sees use on the battlefield, with devastating effects. Rowena negotiates the Dragonstone Pact, whereby the draconic empire withdraws its support of the beastmen.
- ~1550: Second Afridhi War: Attempting to strike while Blackmoor was weakened by its Crusade, and bolstered by remnants of the Beastman armies, the Afridhi begin their forays into demon summoning. Their forces nearly overrun the North, especially when it is discovered that the warforged are highly susceptible to demonic possession. Rowena goes back to the drawing board while Lea bolsters the Imperial army with the remains of the Twilight Guard.
- ~1575: Projects SONATA and VALKYRIE: Dragonstone magical properties unraveled, Rowena begins imprinting both herself and Leansethar onto the Empire’s supply of blue dragonstones. Shrikes, bolstered by Reapers and Sirens, take the battle to the demons; the Undying: Reapers are able to catch departing shrike spirit fragments and with the aid of three sirens, re-infuse them into another body, in a “shortcut” version of the Well of Souls ceremony. Those “reharvested” shrikes prove to be unstable. Rather than kill her sisters, Rowena orders the sirens to bind them in eternal sleep.
Cloning process is outlawed, all research is destroyed. Remaining clone stock is sealed away in undiscolosed locations.
- ~1650: Second Beastman Crusade
- ~1665: Second Crusade ends; Throne of Stars system put in place. Records of SONATA and VALKYRIE are sealed. Last known sightings of the Andahar twins.