Alphatian Neatharum

For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky.
The Book-House: Find Hollow World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, Thorf

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Alphatian Neatharum

Post by Havard »

Technology: Renessance
Lifestyle:
Population: Unknown (Alphatians, Neathar)
Outer World Origin: Alphatia
Languages: Alphatian
Government Type: Magocracy, Colony Rule
Industries:

What is known about Alphatian Neatharum? What happened to this realm after the events of WotI?

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Alphatian Neatharum

Post by Havard »

placeholder

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati »

I presume the realm is taking its role to be the main alphatian footstep in HW.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm »

There is a long storyline both in canon and fanon almanacs, with Neathars dinosaur riders attacking it, and eventually Eriadna removing Dogrel because he antagonized the natives.
It seems there is nothing in the Fan Almanacs of 1018 and 1019 AC, the last events are in 1017 AC:

Until Alphatia's rebirth in AY 2010 [AC 1010. Ed.] Neatharum was alone in a hostile environment. With the rebirth came proclamations from the imperial throne: the Nogai slaves were freed and future Neatharum expansions forbidden. Dogrel struggled at these restrictions, often ignoring them. This led to his removal as King of Neatharum and his being replaced by Governoress Ezreilla in AY 2015 [AC 1015. Ed.]. Dogrel has since been given a commission in the imperial armed forces back on the floating continent.
Under Ezreilla's administration, Neatharum has continued its existence. Peace with neighbouring Neathar and coexistence with the Nogai are her crowning achievements and goals. Earlier deficiencies within the Neathar armed forces have been remedied by the appointment of Commander Trikard to oversee the kingdom's military needs. Trikard has since replaced Ezreilla as governor, though he has announced his intention to step down and be replaced by a suitable king or queen.

Sviftmont 14, AC 1017: Trikard's Replacement.
Location: City of Haldemar, Kingdom of Neatharm, Alphatian Empire. HW
Description: King Trikard announces that the military mage Stolander will take his place as General of Neatharm. The decree makes official what has been in practice since Trikard had been given command of the kingdom. Stolander is a militarist mage that has served the Neatharm military since the early days. His most notable achievement was his command of the skyship The Tipsy Tyrant and her role in the defence of the young settlement against Heldannic Knight attacks during the Great War. (See Nu. 8, Am. 1; Sv. 27, Ei. 14.)
What the PCs Can Do: Since Stolander is detailed in Wrath of the Immortals: Book II The Immortals' Fury, it is possible that PCs that participated in that campaign could have contact with him. Depending on that history, PCs could be called upon to perform duties for Neatharm or its military.

Sviftmont 27, AC 1017: Recruitment.
Location: City of Haldemar, Kingdom of Neatharm, Alphatian Empire. HW
Description: With a definite need for an increased military presence and a boost to the population, King Trikard issues a decree targeted towards the numerous demobilised troops of the Alphatian military. The monarch offers tracts of land in exchange for colonisation in the Kingdom of Neatharm. Trikard is aware that his kingdom sits on the proverbial front line of any Hollow World conflict. Drawing upon the Norwold precedent, he decides that the kingdom needs a very strong military and wise and able-bodied nobles. He sees the military as his primary recruitment pool. With the imperial forces demobilising, he hopes to entice many of the released troops to settle in Neatharm. (See Am. 1, Sv. 14; Ei. 14.)

Eirmont 14, AC 1017: The Vengeful Nogai.
Description: The Nogai tribesmen living in Neatharm are quite enraged at the prospect of the Alphatians expanding their holdings within the confines of the kingdom. They had been quite content with the premise of the Alphatians living in Haldemar and even the mining town of Dogrel, because the bulk of the Alphatian populace stayed in these communities. The Neathar could avoid these settlements when they chose to and could go there when they wished to trade.
Rumours of the impending arrival of more of the Alphatians and the establishment of farmsteads outside of the existing communities has caused a lot of hostile feelings of distrust to be rekindled. Also rekindled are the memories of the eventual victory of their own warriors against those of the Alphatians. Many begin to think and plan for a new battle for freedom. They won before, they can win again. (See Sv. 14, Sv. 27.)

As it happened in the Fan Almanacs, probably whoever wrote the events of 1017 AC did not partecipate in the last two almanacs, so the storyline was not continued...
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Thanks for reposting these events here Sturm! It is unfortuante that this storyline was not continued. How do you think this could have developed further? A full conflict with the Nogai and other Neathar tribes, or could some more peaceful sollution be found? This might be a good opportunity for PCs to intervene. But what would it take to avoid conflict?

This is all quite useful for the Nogai thread as well.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Hollow World”