An exercise in curiosity

For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky.
The Book-House: Find Hollow World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Thorf

An exercise in curiosity

Postby Gravesguardian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:03 am

Using the stats below(taken from the Warriors of the Eternal Sun sega game) design your Mystaran PC. Stats may NOT be altered or swapped around. Also, state the edition you're using & be ready to explain any questionable choices. Oh list the # set that you chose. BTB, GP is really only there for show.(It's what the game gave each stat set) Oh & keep all PC's 1st Level please & you may start them w/ MAX HP. Also, everyone gets their native tongue Free for Reading & Writing, any others must be bought w/ skill slots.

I'll start the exercise: #11 (Str: 16; Int: 18; Wis: 17; Dex: 15; Con: 13; Cha: 18; GP: 60) Classic Edition, Gaz. 13
(Of note is that upon reaching 1st level as a Shaman, he will gain a permanent +1 to Wisdom giving him an 18)

Shadow Elf Shaman Level 1/0 (needs 2,000 XP for 1st level as Shaman)
HP: 7 (1d6+1); THAC0: 19/18/17; AC: 7(Dex+ Martial Arts: Defense); Saves: Elf 1;

Special Abilities: 90' Infravision, Immune to Undead Paralysis, Detect Hidden & Secret Objects 1-2 on d6, Hear Noise 1-2 on d6, Magic-User spells, Shaman spells & Undead Turning upon reaching 1st level as Shaman.

General Skills: 4(base) +3(Int)=7 starting (Read/Write: Shadow Elf(Int) & Orientation in Caves(Int) free)
Cooking(Wis), First Aid(Wis), Natural Healing(Wis), Teaching(Wis), Escape Artist(Dex), Find/Remove Traps(Dex), Martial Arts: Defense(Dex)

Prime Requisite bonus: +10% to earned XP
Starting Spellbook: Read Magic, Watcher

For the Record: Gaz 13, pg 15 clearly states that ALL Shadow Elves MUST take Orientation in Caves. The example character on pgs 16-17 however DO NOT give said character Orientation in caves & does mess up the math on skill slots. Also, if you read thru ALL Shadow Elf NPC's in the DM's booklet, NONE of them have Orientation in Caves except for a Dwarven prisoner. Not even the Alfeim refugee has it. Therefore Shadow Elves should get it free.
Martial Arts: Defense grants a permanent bonus to AC by one & allows a check to dodge non-magical projectiles.
Find Traps is used same as the Thief skill of the same name. Each skill slot put in is one Thief level.(1 slot = Find/Remove Traps as a 1st level Thief) One check allows for the finding of traps & a second check is required to disarm traps.
Escape Artist is similar to a Thiefs: Pick Locks.

Height: 5'3"; Weight: 110 lbs; Age: 93; Sex: Male; Hair: Shoulder length white w/ silver streaks; Eyes: Coal Black; Other: Shamanic markings on the right half of his face, down his neck & covers his entire right arm down to the tips of his fingers. Also, bears a marking on the upper right side of his chest.

If anyone can think of anything else that should be added, please speak up.
Gravesguardian
Hobgoblin

Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Re: An exercise in curiosity

Postby RobJN » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:46 am

Wow. Those stats are just... I'd seriously make my PCs reroll if they came to me with spreads like that. :|
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Gravesguardian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:42 pm

RobJN wrote:Wow. Those stats are just... I'd seriously make my PCs reroll if they came to me with spreads like that. :|

Considering that in WotES there are over well over 1,000 sets of stats, I just grabbed "some" of the better ones.
Gravesguardian
Hobgoblin

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Gravesguardian wrote:
RobJN wrote:Wow. Those stats are just... I'd seriously make my PCs reroll if they came to me with spreads like that. :|

Considering that in WotES there are over well over 1,000 sets of stats, I just grabbed "some" of the better ones.

Has anyone worked out how they generated these stats?

Are they 3D6, 4D6 and drop the lowest, point buy or something else?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Gravesguardian » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Gravesguardian wrote:

Has anyone worked out how they generated these stats?

Are they 3D6, 4D6 and drop the lowest, point buy or something else?

If I had to guess I'ld say they just chose numbers at random keeping it between 9-18, I've never seen a stat below 9 in the game yet. Oh & I do need to correct myself: there are "atleast" 10,000 sets of stats in WotES. Yes, I did try counting; but at roughly 9,700 we had a power outage & I wasn't gonna start anew when it came back up.
Gravesguardian
Hobgoblin

Return to Hollow World