Wallara 5E

Discuss Mystara's Savage Coast / Red Steel setting here.
The Book-House: Find Savage Coast products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, agathokles

Argentmantle
Hill Giant

Wallara 5E

Post by Argentmantle » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Well, since Havard brought it up...
Havard wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:19 pm
Have you thought about adding Chameleon Men as a Lizardkin subrace?

-Havard
I'll share my current notes for the Wallara/Chameleon Men.

Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity and Wisdom scores increase by 1.
Bonus Proficiency: You gain proficiency with History. Additionally, you may choose one of the following skills to gain a proficiency with: Animal Handling, Nature, Perception, and Survival.
Mimic: You can spend 1 minute adjusting your skin to match that of your surroundings.
Once you are camouflaged in this way, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks as long as you remain there without moving or taking actions. Once you move or take an action or a reaction, you must camouflage yourself again to gain this benefit.
Sense of Direction: You gain advantage on all Wisdom (Survival) tests you make for navigation.
Vanishing Step: As a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. Once you use this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a short or long rest.

I'm currently debating increasing the bonus to Stealth checks to +10.

pawsplay
Troll

Re: Wallara 5E

Post by pawsplay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:01 pm

How would the mimic ability interact with a ranger's class feature?

Argentmantle
Hill Giant

Re: Wallara 5E

Post by Argentmantle » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:08 pm

I'm not sure, as I have not had the chance to have anyone play a 10th level Wallara ranger yet. My initial leaning is that the ranger 'Hide in Plain Sight' would take precedent with the larger bonus at 10th level.

Or the abilities could interact along the lines of 'a Wallaran Ranger using the Hide in Plain Sight class feature may forego using natural materials to camouflage themselves.'

Return to “Savage Coast”