How easy is it to convert Thieves World to 1e AD&D?

Discuss AD&D 1E here.
The Book-House: Find 1st Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

How easy is it to convert Thieves World to 1e AD&D?

Post by Big Mac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Over in my What is the most obsure D&D campaign setting? topic, Timemrick mentioned that the Chaosum Thieves World boxed set, published in 1981, included rules for using Thieves World with a number of different rulesets, including AD&D.

Has anyone ever run a 1e Thieves World campaign? Aside from the Chaosum boxed set, is there anything else published for 1st Edition?

How easy is it to convert the various other Thieves World products to 1e stats?

Is there anyone out there who has created fanon material for Thieves World that is AD&D compatible?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

ZardokhasSpoken
Orc

Re: How easy is it to convert Thieves World to 1e AD&D?

Post by ZardokhasSpoken » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 am

I just got this boxed set in the mail, along with a copy of the extremely rare Blue Camel. Obviously I have not run it, but it does include stats for all the major FRPs from that era (1982). Since it has all the stats, there should be no conversion needed. Hopefully I will find info on the other Thieves World products by FASA, like Traitor, Spirit Stones, and Dark Assassin. Maybe someone here can provide some insight on these? I am coming up short on searches for reviews. Apparently they all got reviews in Different Worlds magazine, but, alas, I do not have these.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 pm

There is more info on Thieves World RPG sourcebooks in this thread. I thought the 1981 boxed set was the only one to include AD&D 1st Ed stats, but I could be wrong?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

grodog
Orc

Post by grodog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 am

Havard wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 pm
There is more info on Thieves World RPG sourcebooks in this thread. I thought the 1981 boxed set was the only one to include AD&D 1st Ed stats, but I could be wrong?
The TW Companion provided RQ and MERP/RM stats, but no AD&D (or other flavor of D&D either) stats. I don't recall offhand what system the FASA modules used.

Allan.
grodog
---
Allan Grohe
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Return to “AD&D 1st Edition”