[Dray Prescot][Role Aids] Beneath Two Suns?

Discuss AD&D 1E here.
The Book-House: Find 1st Edition products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Dray Prescot][Role Aids] Beneath Two Suns?

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 04, 2018 12:25 pm

I never really looked at Role Aids products back in the day, but I just saw something called Beneath The Suns that was designed by Troy Denning:
Beneath The Suns on Amazon wrote:Beneath Two Suns Paperback – 1986
by Troy Denning (Author)

742 Presented by the editors of Role Aids for use with ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS role-playing game. Adventure for 4-6 Characters of Skill Levels 6-8 "A flash of light and a crack of thunder wake you from a sound sleep. You realize that you are not in your room but are instead in a canal-riddled city where a political power struggle has reached its peak. As you sit in shock, a number of other people appear close to you, in the same manner you appeared. Make your way through dungeons and city byways, defeating city wardens and bizarre monster. If all goes well, you will become Jiktar in the land BEANEATH TWO SUNS." 32 pages
I found a bigger picture of the front cover and it says: "The authorised and approved module based on Dray Prescot, created by Alan Burt Akers."

Wikipedia says there are 54 books in the Dray Prescot series.

Has anyone played Beneath Two Suns, or read any of the Dray Prescot novels?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Bardsidhe
Goblin

Re: [Dray Prescot][Role Aids] Beneath Two Suns?

Post by Bardsidhe » Fri May 04, 2018 1:18 pm

'Played' Beneath Two Suns? I own it, it is of my most prized possessions. I loved it.
it was a long long time ago that I last played anything let alone this, so I could not quote anything with accurracy, I would have review the module again to remember all the details of the good times I had with this, this is the module that introduced me to the Role Aids line and I never looked back, I kept using them well into 2nd and 3rd edition.

but now to answer properly, Yes I have played it, no I have not read any of the novels, but I think I would like to.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [Dray Prescot][Role Aids] Beneath Two Suns?

Post by ripvanwormer » Fri May 04, 2018 1:41 pm

We talked about this a little in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=5445

Return to “AD&D 1st Edition”