TSR Jam 1999

Published 1989.
The Book-House: Find 2nd Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Havard
Dragon Turtle

TSR Jam 1999

Post by Havard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm

This collection contained seven adventures, each set in a different TSR setting:
  • Vale of the Dragon Oracle (Forgotten Realms)
  • The Return of the Pick-Axe (Greyhawk)
  • Blood Feud (illithiad Setting) - Possible connection to Spelljammer discussed here.
  • The Maxome Foe (Planescape)
  • In the Heart's Final Beat (Ravenloft)
  • Leviathan's Deep (Dragonlance: Fifth Age) - Discussed here.
  • Folds in the Tapestry (Alternity)
All of these adventures had previously been distributed individually through the Adventurer's Guild series.

Anyone played any of these adventures? What's your general opinion about this book? Sort of disappointed that they left out Mystara (again).

Edit: Sean K Reynolds wrote an anecdote about TSR Jam here.

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Mon May 28, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: TSR Jam 1999

Post by RobJN » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Huh... an Alternity adventure I haven't heard much about. Now I'll have to read up on it....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

apotheot
Ogre

Post by apotheot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 am

I have run all of those with their corresponding adventures (where applicable) except Leviathan's Deep (Upcoming as I am retro-converting the SAGA system back to AD&D 2nd)

Some are much better than others. My players LOVED The Manxome Foe, Hated (in a good way) The Hearts Final Beat, and Hated (in a bad way) Vale of the Dragon Oracle.

For those fans of Alternity, a remake of the system has been announced: http://www.sasquatchgamestudio.com/products/alternity/

Though it seems to have divorced itself from the interesting Stardrive or Dark Matter setting. :(

Apotheot

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:20 pm

apotheot wrote:Though it seems to have divorced itself from the interesting Stardrive or Dark Matter setting. :(

Apotheot
They may not have access to either. Dark*Matter was released by WotC as a d20 Modern sourcebook. (So pretty...with a freaky glow in the dark cover; just about lost bladder control the first time I realized that.) I know Wolfgang Baur wrote the materials but does not own it; it's WotC's property.

zontoxira
Planewalker

Post by zontoxira » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm

I once ran the first three adventures. Blood Feud went smoothly, but the other two (Vale of the Dragon Oracle and The Return of the Pick-Axe) were disastrous and quickly ended up as TPKs. The dwarven clockwork from the latter still lingers in our memory, one-shotting half the group, while the rest didn't make it through the nasty traps and puzzles.
Have a look at my Dark Sun 5e Reconstruction or Planescape 5e Belief System
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

Return to “AD&D 2nd Edition”