Adventurer's Guild Modules (1998-2000)

Published 1989.
The Book-House: Find 2nd Edition products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

Adventurer's Guild Modules (1998-2000)

Postby Havard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Big Mac mentioned The Adventurer's Guild in a thread in the Council of Wyrm's forum. Since I had not heard of that before, I did some quick research and came up with the following:

These were a series of modules released to retailers between Jan 1998 and Apr 2000. Over eighty(!) modules were eventually printed. Most of the adventures supported AD&D 2nd Edition, but there were both the SAGA and Alternity systems were also supported. These new adventures were only available to retailers. Some of them did appear in later products such as TSR Jam 1999.

Overview at The Acaeum.
Adventurer's Guild Module Index at The Acaeum.

Has anyone played any of the Adventurer's Guild modules?

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Adventurer's Guild Modules (1998-200)

Postby Boneguard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

I could be wrong but IIRC the Adventurer's Guild Modules, were the RPGA Raven's Bluff the Living City line.

And I guess the decided to do a bit of plane hoping with them.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Re: Adventurer's Guild Modules (1998-2000)

Postby Havard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Boneguard wrote:I could be wrong but IIRC the Adventurer's Guild Modules, were the RPGA Raven's Bluff the Living City line.

From my impression when reading through the index linked above it seems that Raven's Bluff/Living City were part of the Adventurer's Guild series, but it included material for other settings and game lines both before and after the Living City ones...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Adventurer's Guild Modules (1998-2000)

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Havard wrote:
Boneguard wrote:I could be wrong but IIRC the Adventurer's Guild Modules, were the RPGA Raven's Bluff the Living City line.

From my impression when reading through the index linked above it seems that Raven's Bluff/Living City were part of the Adventurer's Guild series, but it included material for other settings and game lines both before and after the Living City ones...

It actually lists them all, on the AG Index page:
  • Series 1: 6 adventures: (Birthright, Forgotten Realms, Planescape, generic?, Jakandor, Dragonlance),
  • Series 2: 6 adventures: (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Planescape, generic?, Dragonlance, Alternity),
  • Series 3: 6 adventures + 6 Living City Tournaments: (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, Ravenloft/Greyhawk, Marvel Super Heroes, Alternity: Star Drive),
  • Series 4: 6 adventures + 6 Living City Adventures: (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, Marvel Super Heroes, Alternity Star Drive),
  • Series 5: 6 adventures + 6 Living City at War adventures: (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, Marvel Super Heroes, Alternity),
  • Series 6: 6 adventures + 3 Living City: Troubador's Reprise parts and 3 Living City: Just Lookin' parts: (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, generic?, Alternity),
  • Series 7: 6 adventures: (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, Council of Wyrms, Marvel Super Heroes, Alternity Star Drive),
  • Series 8: 5 adventures: (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, generic?, Alternity Dark Matter) and
  • Series 9: 1 adventure: (Alternity Star Drive)
  • Series 10: 1 adventure: (Dragonlance)
  • Series 11: 1 adventure: (Diablo II)
  • Series 12: 1 adventure: (Greyhawk)

Looking at the product line overall, we have:
  • 24 Living City adventures,
  • 8 1/2 Greyhawk adventures*,
  • 8 Forgotten Realms adventures,
  • 8 Alternity adventures (including Star Drive and Dark Matter),
  • 6 1/2 Ravenloft adventures*,
  • 6 Dragonlance adventures,
  • 4 Marvel Super Heroes adventures,
  • 4 generic adventures (and I'm not convinced they are all generic, as the Council of Wyrms and Jakandor adventures were listed as generic),
  • 2 Planescape adventures,
  • 1 Birthright adventure,
  • 1 Council of Wyrms adventure,
  • 1 Jakandor adventure and
  • 1 Diablo II adventure.

* = This includes one Greyhawk/Ravenloft crossover adventure.

Interestingly, the first two Living City Tournament products seem to have their titles in Comic Sans! So we could potentially have a Forgotten Realms subforum with a Comic Sans logo, at The Piazza at some point in the future! :twisted:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to AD&D 2nd Edition